IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Letter of claim from bwlegal

Options

Comments

• Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,747 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited 7 August 2020 at 4:59PM
    Options
    Like I said already, read the NEWBIES thread post #2.
    Not madly litigious, no need for a new hat for court just yet!
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Palec
    Palec Posts: 219 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    They used last time Debt recovery plus to write me in 2017, for the same amount without details of how much they would charge me like this time via bw legal for court fees, solicitor fees, interest. Solicitors fees are not recoverable, I found out interest would be if I lose, which I do not expect, not sure if I have to pay court fees if the put it via MCOL, will see. Thank you
  • Quentin
    Quentin Posts: 40,405 Forumite
    Options
    So read up the IPC COP on grace periods
  • Coupon-mad
    Options
    OK we assume that's for your use and reference on this thread, because we know about the two possible CoPs and we won't be trawling them for what we already know is there for you to find.
  • Palec
    Options
    15. Grace Periods
    15.1 Drivers should be allowed a sufficient amount of time to park and read any signs so
    they may make an informed decision as to whether or not to remain on the site.
    15.2 Drivers must be allowed a minimum period of 10 minutes to leave a site after a
    pre-paid or permitted period of parking has expired.
    15.3 The reference to 10 minutes in 15.2 above shall not apply where the period of pre-paid
    or permitted parking does not exceed 1 hour providing that the signage on the site
    makes it clear to the motorist, in a prominent font, that no grace period applies on that
    land.
    I pad for one hour, after 8 minutes they issued PCN and I bought another ticket 10 minutes after first one, so that I should be fine...
  • Coupon-mad
    Options
    The reference to 10 minutes in 15.2 above shall not apply where the period of pre-paid or permitted parking does not exceed 1 hour
    I paid for one hour, after 8 minutes they issued PCN

Hmmm...you are not 'fine' except can we stop discussing this pointlessly now please, because no IPC thread needs any input AT ALL (please) unless a PPC try a court claim?
  • Palec
    Options
    Yes it is for my reference only, maybe if somebody new will help also link and part 15 about grace periods from there...
  • Palec
    Options
    Just explanation from my point of view, point 15.3
    15.3 The reference to 10 minutes in 15.2 above shall not apply where the period of pre-paid
    or permitted parking does not exceed 1 hour providing that the signage on the site
    makes it clear to the motorist, in a prominent font, that no grace period applies on that
    land.
    I have got pictures from Popla appeal which failed and there was nothing in signage about grace period, so my foreign understanding is that grace period of 10 minutes applies in my case such used expression that I should be fine and will be not posting anymore unless court claim. Thank you
  • Quentin
    Quentin Posts: 40,405 Forumite
    Options
    Popla appeal???

Did you get a popla code to appeal with?

Are you sure you are dealing with the ppc mentioned in your post #71
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure