Baby steps to mortgage freedom for beanielou.

Options

Comments

• beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,299 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Help please.
    When we were talikng about You Gov someone mentioned doing wee surveys on the site to boost your chances of bigger surveys~~what were they again? :o:o
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • beanielou
    Options
    Also more help please.
    I have one of those silly wee litttle side things next to my sink for doing whatever. It is really hard to clean because of the angle.
    Any tips gratefully received.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

• ZTD
    ZTD Posts: 24,327 Forumite
    Options
    beanielou wrote: »
    The money Mr z. the money.

For one night, it would be pennies - and it would be an exceptional night. The problem lies over a longer time. If you need your heating on for long periods in more normal times (with associated cost) then you may need to do things differently.

It's a bit like "the treat doesn't make you fat, it's the treats" scenario.
    Still cold & more snow lying than thought would be.

It's a tale of wind here. Snow up to the kerbs, yet on the roof of my car (a more exposed area) it has been scoured clean.

Somewhere, downwind of me, in a more sheltered area, they have all my snow...
    Anyway great way to have a PJ day & not feel bad about it:D

Exactly!
    Also more help please.
    I have one of those silly wee litttle side things next to my sink for doing whatever. It is really hard to clean because of the angle.
    Any tips gratefully received.

What's one of those? Like a sink-and-a-half thing, or something different?
    "Follow the money!" - Deepthroat (AKA William Mark Felt Sr - Associate Director of the FBI)
    "We were born and raised in a summer haze." Adele 'Someone like you.'
    "Blowing your mind, 'cause you know what you'll find, when you're looking for things in the sky."
    OMD 'Julia's Song'
  • Karmacat
    Karmacat Posts: 39,460 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I just put something on my thread about the cleaning, beanie, but I'm not sure now what you mean about the angle?

Overnight heating, I haven't had it on yet, but if I feel the need, I will - as Z says, it's so few nights - I kept it on recently on a very low thermostat a couple of times, 14C in my living room, and it did come on a few times over those nights. Thats as much to safeguard the pipes in the loft as anything else. I feel comfortable with that level of heating - all told, the boiler must have been on for maybe 4 additional hours? Compared to the horrors of frozen/burst pipes, its nothing.
    2023: the year I get to buy a car
  • elantan
    elantan Posts: 21,018 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    my heating hasn't been off since the end of November, the bills are horrific but it's nice to finally have hot water on tap whenever I need it
  • beanielou
    Options
    elantan wrote: »
    my heating hasn't been off since the end of November, the bills are horrific but it's nice to finally have hot water on tap whenever I need it

I can understand that el
    Sadly I cannot afford to do that..

• beanielou
    Options
    A thing next to main sink so the same stainless steel but about a quarter of the size.
    I find cleaning the sides hard as it is quite narrow.

• ZTD
    Options
    A thing next to main sink so the same stainless steel but about a quarter of the size.
    I find cleaning the sides hard as it is quite narrow.

Mines a composite sink, rather than stainless steel, but I turn the little sink into a mini hot-tub and Mr Bleach lays in there and has a good long hard conversation with the dirt in it...
    "Follow the money!" - Deepthroat (AKA William Mark Felt Sr - Associate Director of the FBI)
    "Blowing your mind, 'cause you know what you'll find, when you're looking for things in the sky."
    OMD 'Julia's Song'
  • beanielou
    Options
    ZTD wrote: »
    Mines a composite sink, rather than stainless steel, but I turn the little sink into a mini hot-tub and Mr Bleach lays in there and has a good long hard conversation with the dirt in it...

Love it.Sadly have no idea where the plug is.:rotfl:

• ZTD
    Options
    Love it.Sadly have no idea where the plug is.:rotfl:

Mine leaks. I lay a bit of plastic from a sandwich bag over the hole. The hydrostatic pressure keeps it in place.
    OMD 'Julia's Song'
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure