Single, six kids and going to be debt free!

Options

Comments

• Mumoffourkids
    Mumoffourkids Posts: 1,067 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Options
    Well where on earth did that weekend go. It went past far too quickly and I am now back at work. I spent far too much money and haven't updated my spreadsheet to reflect the money spent. Some will come from the house fund and some from the clothes fund as I bought some sewing patterns to make the kids some clothes! I managed a dress for the smallest and half a jumpsuit for the 8 year old yesterday. This evening I hope to finish the jumpsuit and start on a jumpsuit for the 12 year old. Having the sewing machine out again is a lovely way to spend the evening rather than sitting on my phone so I hope to do more of that and keep making the kids some clothes.

I still need to look into selling the load of stuff I have on the top landing as I have been really slack with that recently. But this Saturday we go on holiday so that will have to take a back seat until we come back.

I have however, booked the two smallest into nursery on a Friday so I will have the day to myself to catch up on housework, gardening and selling stuff. I may have to go into a work maybe once a month but that's extra money which is good news.

Right best get back to work as I need to get everything done this week before I go away!
  • Mumoffourkids
    Options
    So currently on holiday and only three days left. The weather hasn!!!8217;t been amazing but apart from this morning it hasn!!!8217;t rained. The kids are mostly behaving themselves which is great and we are enjoying time together as a family. My budget for holiday is going well and I hope to come back with some money as well. Oh and I won a little bit on bingo so that!!!8217;s always a bonus. I have also booked to come back next year in may half term. Deposit is only £20 and I have a year to save for it which once my debts have gone should be easy!
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,308 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Glad you are having a good time :)
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • Mumoffourkids
    Options
    So I'm back from holiday and have a total of £20 left in the holiday budget! We did spend a lot but as this is our main summer holiday and it was good to spend quality family time together I don't mind!

So today has been spent unpacking the car and catching up on the washing. Three loads done and dried out on the line, will finish the rest tomorrow.

Also I dropped the middle two kids off at their dad's on the way back from holiday, DD2 has gone to her friend's for a sleepover tonight and the oldest has gone out with her friend tonight. So its just me and the youngest two tonight and they are both fast asleep.

I have done the online shopping delivery for Monday, updated my budget spreadsheet and sorted out the garden. I have harvested some strawberries from my plants in the garden and have watered the rest of the plants.

So now I need to get together a list of things to do over the next month. One of the main things is to try and clear some of the clutter on the top landing. This is where I have been storing the items that I want to sell. I might even attempt a car boot!

Anyway, I am off to bed now as I am shattered from a six and half hour drive this morning!

Will be back on tomorrow to add my list for the month and a target for extra money I want to make.
  • brizzlegirl
    brizzlegirl Posts: 1,260 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Glad everyone had a great time and that you were able to keep to your budget and have fun
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,308 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    What brizzled said :)
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • f0xh0les
    f0xh0les Posts: 6,878 Forumite
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! Photogenic Name Dropper
    Options
    Back from holiday with money in your pocket is always a win.

Glad you had such a great time.

Back to 'normal' until the end of summer term now, boo!
    4/10/22One Year Mortgage Free Yay!
    NSTurtle # 55 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢🐢🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 No Turtle gets left behind.[/b]
    ******PROUD MEMBER OF THE TOFU EATING COALITION OF CHAOS !!!******
  • Mumoffourkids
    Options
    Glad everyone had a great time and that you were able to keep to your budget and have fun
    beanielou wrote: »
    What brizzled said :)
    f0xh0les wrote: »
    Back from holiday with money in your pocket is always a win.

Glad you had such a great time.

Back to 'normal' until the end of summer term now, boo!

Thanks everyone. I know all back to normal-ish until the summer holidays. Well as normal as it can be in this house.

My eldest finishes her exams in two weeks so I am trying to convince her to take the middle two to school on the days I work. I am happy to pay her but it would still be less than what I pay for them to go to breakfast club at the school and it would mean that I could get to work slightly earlier.

She has her prom in four weeks and we have the girls rugby end of season dinner in two weeks. Then the eldest is going off on her NCS thing the middle of July. But at least my expenses should remain fairly fixed up until the summer holidays.

I still need to think of what I need to do in the next month. The house is clearer and most of the rubbish has gone so that doesn't need doing. However I have a lot of stuff to get rid of in some way or the other so that has to be my priority for the next month.

I'm going to start a list here of what I need to do this week at least.
    • Send off Iphone 5S to CEX
    • Contain High school for girls for look around for DD1
    • Contact High school for Boys for DD1 for look around
    • Contact nursery about fees for June
    • Make jumpsuits for DD2, DD3 and DD4
    • Plant more lettuce seeds
    • Go to the gym at least three times a week
    • MEal plan each week
    • Do Flylady thread!!
  • wishingthemortgaheaway
    Options
    A great plan. I'm assuming the boys high school takes girls in the VI form if Dd1 is interested in going there?
    Outstanding mortgage: £23,181 (December 19)
    MFW 2020 Challenge Member #10 0/£2318
  • Mumoffourkids
    Options
    A great plan. I'm assuming the boys high school takes girls in the VI form if Dd1 is interested in going there?

Yes they do take girls in sixth form and that’s her first choice place but also the one with the highest grades required.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback