PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

June 2019 Grocery Challenge

Options

Comments

• Rachiedabbler70
    Options
    Thanks Elsiepac for the June challenge and for running the May one. It's helping me pay my mortgage off quicker.:T

My new month starts 1st June to 30th June so please could you put me down for £140 - that's 12 days of just me then the rest of the month of me and youngest son, who is an adult :-) Eldest grown up son buys his own food and cooks his own meals:D

I'm going to stay on May thread until 31st May
    Blitz that mortgage
    Jun 2016 £152,000
    April 2021 £85,000
  • purpleybat
    purpleybat Posts: 477 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    hello all, i've been out of sorts for a while and really need to get a grip on my 'out of control' spending.
    am now cooking for 3 adults, my sister i don't know where she puts it all, but as she doesn't eat much bread etc she tends to fill up on more expensive foods.
    i think i'd like to start with a target of £250 please, with views to lower this over the coming months.
    my month runs from 30th may to 27th of june.
    thankyou very muchly
  • thrifty-hayley
    Options
    Hello, its my first try and not sure where to start so please put me down for£100 My month will start on the 1st June. Its just me so this will hopefully also include stuff like toilet roll, kitchen roll, tin foil etc. Only one way to find out!

Thank you =)
    #84 Make £2020 in 2020 challenge
    Grocery Challenge January £0/£80
  • Scrimps
    Scrimps Posts: 362 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    weve done our menu plan and shopping for the week ahead. Ive broken it down into about £30 per week and using cash envelopes

We spent 24.63 and then £2.72 as I forgot to put bananas and soup stew/mix on the list. I wanted to get a soup/stew mix to make use of the turnips growing in the garden that really needed harvesting.
    £6.64 left for the week
    £121.74 left till end june

I have a lot of soup/stew mixes in the freezer now as my morning or afternoon snack to stop me just going for bread or nipping to the corner shop for a packet of biscuits! I have a good appetite anyway but nursing just sends me ravenous, Im hoping the healthier option will help me drop a dress size and get back into my pre-pregnancy clothes, and also help with the tiredness!
  • Smoosh
    Smoosh Posts: 1,629 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    We'll be sticking with £300 for June (our month starts on the 1st). As usual, 2 adults (1 who gets free lunches at work), a raw fed dog and a cat. Including household products and cleaning bits but we pay for our own toiletries. We'll likely do 5 weekly shops in June, averaging around £45 each, with the rest going on pet food.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Well May went awol!!

Back in for June...must do better!! ;)
  • MadamMim2013
    MadamMim2013 Posts: 887 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Oooh forgotted to say please put us down for £300 for June
    :D
    Thanks for the thread.. much appreciated :beer:
    "There's a little witch in all of us"🥰
    DEBT FREE 06/2018
    MrsSD 2023 Decluttering Campaign:
    🏅⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • vintageteainmywardrobe
    Options
    Hello,

I've not done this before but I am wanting to cut back a lot on what we eat and turn back to a more simpler eating plan and think this will help! Can you please put me down for £250 for two adults and two dogs! Fingers crossed I can handle this!

I'm also wanting to shop my cupboards and stop hoarding food items I'm never going to eat!
  • Scrimps
    Scrimps Posts: 362 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I've lost 80p so I'm ending in his week with £1.55 to carry forward and add to £30 for the week and £116.65 for the month.

I've done the meal plan for next week and will be going to Aldi for the shopping tomorrow.

The week has gone ok, with repeat trips to the supermarkets due to missing stuff off the list. I'm sticking to the cash envelope system which is keeping me honest, I put some 'off list' items in the trolley and had to put them back because I didn't have enough money. :o
  • cuddlymarm
    cuddlymarm Posts: 1,890 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Hi guys
    I thought I’d start June on a positive note. I do my challenge yearly and so far I’m on £689.28/£2000. We eat well, this doesn’t include eating out and any takeaways but does include keeping a good store cupboard that I’ve built up since the beginning of the year.
    My aim for June is to spend as little as possible again. I’m running my tins and packets down a bit because we move out soon for a month for renovations so that keeping costs low. Also we both do SW so that means lots of veg and we don’t spend on biscuits, cake etc and very little booze ( we’re not big drinkers anyway and that tends to be just when we have visitors) I’m also sneaking more vegetarian meals in to our menu plan and OH hasn’t started to winge yet so that keeps costs down.
    Obviously once I’ve got my new kitchen in I’ll have to restock and Christmas is a heavy food month so that will push costs up but so far so good.
    Have a good and frugal month guys
    Cuddles
    🎄December 🎄 NSDs 11/15
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills