Alliance & Leicester PPI Success

Options

Comments

• di3004
    di3004 Posts: 42,579 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks Di :wave: I couldn't have done it without the help of MSE.

Let's just hope they don't stall on paying out too much longer but they must be pretty inundated. I do feel a bit sorry for the people on the end of the phone in these situations.

Hi hun :wave:

You done real good :T.

Hope you hear sooner rather than later ;)X
    The one and only "Dizzy Di" :D
  • ryanruby
    Options
    I have been waiting 7 weeks for my cheque. I have phoned the customer services 3 times, they have now told me they have an automated service for issuing cheques but they STILL can not tell me when mine will be posted. I have since phoned the ombudsman today and they are sending a letter to them and they have to resolve it in 8 weeks. Hopefully i will have my cheque by then but it is absolutely ridiculous. If i owed them the money we wouldn't get this long. Can you imagine if they phoned us and we said well don't know when i will be able to pay you!! Ha anybody actually received any cheques yet??:mad::mad::mad:
  • di3004
    Options
    ryanruby wrote: »
    I have been waiting 7 weeks for my cheque. I have phoned the customer services 3 times, they have now told me they have an automated service for issuing cheques but they STILL can not tell me when mine will be posted. I have since phoned the ombudsman today and they are sending a letter to them and they have to resolve it in 8 weeks. Hopefully i will have my cheque by then but it is absolutely ridiculous. If i owed them the money we wouldn't get this long. Can you imagine if they phoned us and we said well don't know when i will be able to pay you!! Ha anybody actually received any cheques yet??:mad::mad::mad:

Hi Ryanruby

How annoying this is.

I know they all seems to be over-run with these complaints and refunds, but still enough it enough, hope you hear soon with your money.

I know what your saying though.;)
  • ryanruby
    Options
    i know they will have to cough up eventually. if it wasn't for martin lewis i would never have wrote my letters thanks once again to him
  • di3004
    Options
    i know they will have to cough up eventually. if it wasn't for martin lewis i would never have wrote my letters thanks once again to him

I agree.
    Its a great site and its helped so many, all thanks to Martin with his great knowledge.:T Fingers crossed to you as well.;)X
  • jeanettethree
    Options

Im in the same boat as you too :mad: been waiting weeks now for my cheque, I look on the doormat everyday for it but its not there ! we are getting really frustrated with all this waiting for it, I could just do with this extra cash right now too,
    when someone gets there cheque please let us know :D
    I hate the name child support and can't say it without a nasty feeling in my tummy. ...:mad:
    Dont shoot me down I am as PWC and a NRPP so I am at both ends of the stick and the CSA stinks !
  • poplet
    poplet Posts: 9 Forumite
    Options
    After 2 months of receiving the offer letter from A&L confirming they would refund me the missold ppi, and 4 sharp telephone calls to them (the last call was with me telling them I would go to the FSA about this), I have finally received the cheque!! However the repayment figure they have made to me is interest up to Feb 2009 (not including March and April 2009) - i'm not grumbling though, as I know if I say something it will probably take even longer for them to get me a new cheque! Lets just hope theres nothing wrong with this cheque!

Just want to say to everyone still waiting, be patient, as annoying as it is, and keep at them!
  • di3004
    Options
    poplet wrote: »
    After 2 months of receiving the offer letter from A&L confirming they would refund me the missold ppi, and 4 sharp telephone calls to them (the last call was with me telling them I would go to the FSA about this), I have finally received the cheque!! However the repayment figure they have made to me is interest up to Feb 2009 (not including March and April 2009) - i'm not grumbling though, as I know if I say something it will probably take even longer for them to get me a new cheque! Lets just hope theres nothing wrong with this cheque!

Just want to say to everyone still waiting, be patient, as annoying as it is, and keep at them!

Well done to you Poplet :beer::T:beer:
  • seamroga
    Options
    I have contacted A & L and they say they will ivestigate my claims about a mis sold PPI. What does this investigation consist of? Do they simply go back and listen to the recording of the application process?
  • di3004
    Options
    seamroga wrote: »
    I have contacted A & L and they say they will ivestigate my claims about a mis sold PPI. What does this investigation consist of? Do they simply go back and listen to the recording of the application process?

Hi there

This consists of them going through your account, from the time this was sold to you, and if any recordings where I imagine there would be if sold over the phone and so on, ask them for a copy as well, your entitled to these, and keep everything in writing.;)

Did you write to them to complain?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family