The Crumpet family's journey to Mortgage Freedom:-)

Options

Comments

• Crumpets
    Crumpets Posts: 1,014 Forumite
    Options
    Crumpets wrote: »

1st of the month tomorrow, mortgage payment day :T

whoops, I've just realised I was a day early:o
    Mortgage March 2011 £143,927.6
    Mortgage Feb 2019 £78,323.18
  • RoaringTwenties
    Options
    You're wishing your life & your mortgage away Crumpets :rotfl:
    Life is changing...but I'm still Money Saving!
  • Crumpets
    Options
    I'm definitely wishing my mortgage away:rotfl:As you can probably tell I'm not the most organised person, that's something I need to work on. :p

I'm still recovering from the weekend a bit today so it's been a very lazy day, I was intending to take the children to the library this morning but couldn't motivate myself, plus the fact that I didn't have change for the car park so I didn't go. We stayed at home and made jelly instead. :D

I'm pleased to report that I now have doors and a window in my porch, my new front door is a stable door which I love :smileyhea The electrician is coming tomorrow and then it will need plastering and rendering and it will be finished :T It has been dragging on for a long time now so I'll be glad when it is. The next project is decorating the living room so I have yet more anaglypta to strip off the walls:eek:

Both dd's have transition days at their new schools tomorrow which Is exciting for them, dd1 doesn't have to be there until 10 o'clock so we will get a bit of a lie in :T It is also (finally) mortgage payment day tomorrow, so I am looking forward to getting properly under the £113k mark as it keeps going over due to the interest being added, it's so demoralising to see it going up instead of down.

Crumpets x
  • Crumpets
    Options
    Well the lie in didn't materialise today, dd1 was so nervous/excited that she got up earlier than she does normally! I was so worred about her all day but it turns out she had a fab day and is really looking forward to starting in September:) she also had a disco tonight at the new school which I had to give her £5 spending mone for:eek: dd2 also loved her day at big school and came out proudly clutching her new school book bag - complete with a summer holidays project:eek:

I haven't done much again today as I had a lot of to'ing and fro'ing to do, I got a few jobs done around the house and took the little ones to the park this evening. I did have a NSD though :T

Dh went to TKD for the first time in ages tonight, (his health has stopped him from taking part) and he had been paying for it by DD for himself and dd1. Dd1 stopped going a few months ago and I asked him to cancel the DD as it has been a waste of money, anyway he checked today and it hadn't been cancelled! £35 a month being paid for nothing :mad: he has phoned the bank now and cancelled it.

The mortgage went out today and I'm hoping to get it under £112k this month, it might be a stretch but I'm determined :p :T

Crumpets x

P.s I have just dropped my phone and smashed the screen:mad: I really hope dh can fix it :(
  • Crumpets
    Options
    Evening,

I've just made a small OP of £35.85 on top of the regular £250.35 that went out today, so I need to find about £150 to get under £112k I have a shift in my friends shop at the end of the month so that's £50 sorted so I wonder where I can find £100 from...it could be difficult as it's the school holidays soon but I like a challenge:D

I've had a really lovely day today, this morning I took Ds to the local wildlife centre that I have a season pass for and took a picnic, so I only spent on some tea (I need to remember my flask!) and after school I took my dd1 into the city for some 1:1 time. We got her a few things for her school uniform and I treated her to some loom bands, and then we went to pizza express for dinner, so not a very cheap afternoon but it was lovely to spend some time with dd, and I think she really enjoyed it too :) I also managed to pick up a couple of Christmas presents in the sale, I probably could have got more if dd hadn't been with me but never mind.

Tomorrow I have someone coming to look at our windows to see if they can be restored, it's a friend of my dad so I really hope he can help us as I think he will give us a good price. We also have the electricians coming to finish off the electrics in the porch, it's all looking fab! I can really see the space that we have available now and I can't wait to be able to use it :T

Crumpets x
  • Beckyy
    Beckyy Posts: 2,830 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    I love it when the balance drops by another thousand, almost there Crumpets :D
  • RoaringTwenties
    Options
    Yay for the porch Crumpets :T You'll soon be wondering how you managed without! Glad you're having nice times with the kids, I've the same planned with my DS tomorrow, he's been a bit overlooked recently. Did DH repair your phone? And major yay on the mortgage :j Psychological barriers are as important as financial ones :money:
  • Crumpets
    Options
    Hi Beckyy and RT, I know it's great when it drops down, when I think about the fact that we still owe £112k I have this face:eek: but when we drop down into the next bracket I'll say to dh, look we only owe £112k now, which seems really low compared to what it was :D

The window man has been round this morning with my dad and was making lots of positive noises so I hope that's promising. He is going to work out the cost and let us know, I hope it will be a lot cheaper than the £2k the last man quoted us.

This afternoon I have sports day at dd1's school to attend which is usually quite good fun, no doubt I'll be entered into the mums race :cool: this evening the school are organising a family fun do with bouncy castles and a bar, the fish and chip van will be there too so that's dinner sorted, I need to get cash out for this. I seem to have gone a bit 'to pot' with our sundries at the moment, I can't catch up with myself.:o

I have a someone coming to collect the garden swing that I put on freecycle later as it's not working out for us and I've also put dd's TKD suit for sale on FB so I hope I can sell that to get some money back.

Crumpets x
  • Crumpets
    Options
    Just received a cheque in the post so I've made another small OP of £13.90 :T
  • RoaringTwenties
    Options
    Did you win the mums race Crumpets? :T

I've been pondering a swing for my two, can I ask why it didn't work out for you? Well done on another OP - you're putting me to shame with my £0 OP month ;)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure