Closing My First Ever Account!

Options
I think the last time I used the account was over 10 years ago.
I thought about keeping it for a donor account but as I've had all the offers since about 2012 then I would guess they won't be available for me (and I could easily create a new account to switch I guess).

How long have you held your longest account for?

Comments

• Tallaght
    Tallaght Posts: 1,632 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Nat West 33 years
  • badger09
    badger09 Posts: 11,247 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    Co-operative Bank. Over 47 years:o, and still used as my 'main':cool: account
  • colsten
    colsten Posts: 17,597 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    If you ever expect to need larger credit, e.g. for a mortgage, it is a good idea to keep longstanding accounts as lenders are looking for stability when assessing the credit risk they think you represent.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    I held an RBS current account from 1975 to 2014, 39 years. It was my first current account, and my only current account until I opened a Santander 123 in June 2014.
  • Wellard_Mann
    Options
    Barclays for 48 years. Not my 'main' account nowadays but I still put some transactions through it.
  • Thomas_Crown
    Options
    Lloyds for 38 years and still my main account.
  • MABLE
    MABLE Posts: 4,082 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Lloyds since 1984 and this is my main account. Can't fault them and have always found them very supportive.
  • YorkshireBoy
    YorkshireBoy Posts: 31,541 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I thought about keeping it for a donor account but as I've had all the offers since about 2012 then I would guess they won't be available for me (and I could easily create a new account to switch I guess).
    Had the HSBC Advance incentive? If yes, when? Still got the account? If no, when was it closed?
  • Ben8282
    Ben8282 Posts: 4,821 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post Newshound!
    Options
    over 36 years
  • J_B
    J_B Posts: 6,450 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    When we got married, Mrs B had a TSB account (since she left school I guess)
    The bank automatically changed it to a joint a/c because one of the girls in there sang in the choir at our wedding and assumed that was what we wanted to do!! :D

I guess she's had it about 40 years in total now!!! (even if it's called Lloyds now!)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure