🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Closing My First Ever Account!

Options
I think the last time I used the account was over 10 years ago.
I thought about keeping it for a donor account but as I've had all the offers since about 2012 then I would guess they won't be available for me (and I could easily create a new account to switch I guess).

How long have you held your longest account for?

Comments

• Tallaght
    Tallaght Posts: 1,632 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Nat West 33 years
  • badger09
    badger09 Posts: 11,251 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    Co-operative Bank. Over 47 years:o, and still used as my 'main':cool: account
  • colsten
    colsten Posts: 17,597 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    If you ever expect to need larger credit, e.g. for a mortgage, it is a good idea to keep longstanding accounts as lenders are looking for stability when assessing the credit risk they think you represent.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    I held an RBS current account from 1975 to 2014, 39 years. It was my first current account, and my only current account until I opened a Santander 123 in June 2014.
  • Wellard_Mann
    Options
    Barclays for 48 years. Not my 'main' account nowadays but I still put some transactions through it.
  • Thomas_Crown
    Options
    Lloyds for 38 years and still my main account.
  • MABLE
    MABLE Posts: 4,090 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Lloyds since 1984 and this is my main account. Can't fault them and have always found them very supportive.
  • YorkshireBoy
    YorkshireBoy Posts: 31,541 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I thought about keeping it for a donor account but as I've had all the offers since about 2012 then I would guess they won't be available for me (and I could easily create a new account to switch I guess).
    Had the HSBC Advance incentive? If yes, when? Still got the account? If no, when was it closed?
  • Ben8282
    Ben8282 Posts: 4,821 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post Newshound!
    Options
    over 36 years
  • J_B
    J_B Posts: 6,464 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    When we got married, Mrs B had a TSB account (since she left school I guess)
    The bank automatically changed it to a joint a/c because one of the girls in there sang in the choir at our wedding and assumed that was what we wanted to do!! :D

I guess she's had it about 40 years in total now!!! (even if it's called Lloyds now!)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 9 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.6K Travel & Transport