ATB'S Frugal Foray to Freedom

Options

Comments

• atypicalblonde
    Options

Just asking as, when I entered a new deal, I was allowed 10% o/p's till old deal ended, then 10% from start of new deal in the same year :D Just thought I would mention that.

Thanks for this AFK, I will ask the question. They STILL haven't refunded the incorrectly charged product fee :mad::mad: I will keep chasing; I know they will do it eventually, it's just highly annoying.

Just made an OP of £300 to keep us on track. I have written down in my mortgage notebook exactly what we need to OP each day in April (and where said funds are coming from) to get us to the magic five figures.

Our fridge and freezer and fully stocked so we won't need any huge grocery spends this month :money:
    MFW :)
    [STRIKE]Mortgage 8.2.15 - [/STRIKE][STRIKE]£171,064.64[/STRIKE] Mortgage 1.5.2018 - £99,980.45
    Aiming to be MF 1.10.2020
  • shangaijimmy
    shangaijimmy Posts: 3,796 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Have you started planning your sub 100k celebration yet?
    MFW: Was: £136,000.......Now: £61,892.24......
    Mortgage Neutral Deficit: £43,082.90... Mortgage Neutral Savings: £18,809.34

MFiT-T6 #13 - £3,517 of £15,500 (22.69%)
    1% Mortgage Challenge 2022 - £157.59 of £650
  • atypicalblonde
    atypicalblonde Posts: 3,057 Forumite
    Options
    Have you started planning your sub 100k celebration yet?

Yes - a bottle of Taittinger, a rib eye steak and a massage! (just realised that sounds dodgy :rotfl:) - the latter to be enjoyed separately!
    [STRIKE]Mortgage 8.2.15 - [/STRIKE][STRIKE]£171,064.64[/STRIKE] Mortgage 1.5.2018 - £99,980.45
  • atypicalblonde
    Options
    The sun has been inspiring today, got loads done and feel full of a renewed positivity. I have absolutely loads I need to get done tomorrow, and because I am out for a large chunk of the day a list is needed!

Right here goes:

- Dog walk early doors before DH goes to walk
    - Kiddies to breakfast club at 7.30 (and pay breakfast club)
    - Take relative to appointment
    - Walk dog again
    - Chase up DHs unpaid invoices
    - Pay DH tax bill :cool:
    - List 5 things on fleabay (I know I said I wasn't going to bother anymore but have identified a few bits that can go so must make the effort)
    - Make an OP of at least £1k
    - Chase up the Halifax for the product fee refund :mad::mad:
    - Nip to the local charity shop to pick up some summer clothes in my size!

OP made of £60 earlier :T
  • atypicalblonde
    edited 19 April 2018 at 4:18PM
    Options

[STRIKE]- Dog walk early doors before DH goes to walk[/STRIKE] DONE
    -[STRIKE] Kiddies to breakfast club at 7.30 (and pay breakfast club)[/STRIKE] DONE
    [STRIKE]- Take relative to appointment[/STRIKE] DONE
    [STRIKE]- Walk dog again[/STRIKE] DONE
    [STRIKE]- Chase up DHs unpaid invoices[/STRIKE] DONE
    - Pay DH tax bill :cool: Not done :o
    - List 5 things on fleabay (I know I said I wasn't going to bother anymore but have identified a few bits that can go so must make the effort) Not done :o
    - [STRIKE]Make an OP of at least £1k[/STRIKE] DONE, £1.4K OP MADE :T
    [STRIKE]- Chase up the Halifax for the product fee refund :mad::mad:[/STRIKE] Nice chap assures me it is in the process of being done :cool::cool:
    - Nip to the local charity shop to pick up some summer clothes in my size! NOT DONE

I'll take that for today! Also managed a NSD. Tomorrow has been earmarked for ebay listing, and chasing up Halifax again if it's still not refunded!

DH on his way home from work and we are having pork belly, my absolute favourite, for dinner with little roast potatoes and roasted veg, bliss. I hope everyone is enjoying the sun xx
  • shangaijimmy
    shangaijimmy Posts: 3,796 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    A successful day all round, and still time to tick a few things off the list....!
    MFW: Was: £136,000.......Now: £61,892.24......
    Mortgage Neutral Deficit: £43,082.90... Mortgage Neutral Savings: £18,809.34

MFiT-T6 #13 - £3,517 of £15,500 (22.69%)
    1% Mortgage Challenge 2022 - £157.59 of £650
  • atypicalblonde
    Options
    Have been absent for a few days due to some not so nice happenings in real life :( They rumble on, but I have still done some MF bits.

The product fee has been refunded :T and we have had written confirmation that our new rate kicks in from 1st May. I do need to send the Halifax a letter querying if our 10% OP limit essentially "re-starts" as we are on a new deal - will add that to tomorrow's list.

Have made an OP of £160 - £100 from the housekeeping pot, and I made £56 of ebay sales yesterday so have rounded that up to £60. Have another 6 items listed on there, all on reasonable buy it now prices, and would net another £50 approx if they all sold. Fingers crossed!

I am in a slight quandry this week I must confess. We owe HMRC £1k for PAYE/NI, but if we pay them a week or so late we could have a dividend and get into five figures by the end of April (rather than June, which was my target). They don't charge interest on late payment of PAYE, just send the odd shirty letter :o

Decisions decisions!
  • atypicalblonde
    Options
    Another overnight ebay sale and a TT of the account means a £19.34 OP has just been made.

I have earmarked some other bits to list on fleabay which is this afternoon's job after a much needed haircut!
  • A_Frayed_Knot
    A_Frayed_Knot Posts: 3,296 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Have been absent for a few days due to some not so nice happenings in real life :( They rumble on, but I have still done some MF bits.

:(:(

The product fee has been refunded :T and we have had written confirmation that our new rate kicks in from 1st May. I do need to send the Halifax a letter querying if our 10% OP limit essentially "re-starts" as we are on a new deal - will add that to tomorrow's list.

I was given this info when I went into branch for re-mortgage, maybe a phone call would suffix.

Have made an OP of £160 - £100 from the housekeeping pot, and I made £56 of ebay sales yesterday so have rounded that up to £60. Have another 6 items listed on there, all on reasonable buy it now prices, and would net another £50 approx if they all sold. Fingers crossed!

:j

I am in a slight quandry this week I must confess. We owe HMRC £1k for PAYE/NI, but if we pay them a week or so late we could have a dividend and get into five figures by the end of April (rather than June, which was my target). They don't charge interest on late payment of PAYE, just send the odd shirty letter :o

Decisions decisions!

I feel your pain, also have a quandary similar to that. Shirty letters can be[STRIKE] binned[/STRIKE] I mean . . . recycled - it's not as if you can't pay, just means . . . later. :D
    Always have 00.00 at the end of your mortgage and one day it will all be 0's :dance:
    MF[STRIKE] March 2030[/STRIKE] Yes that does say 2030 :eek: Mortgage Free 21.12.18 _party_
    Now a Part Timer from 27.10.19
  • atypicalblonde
    Options
    Thanks AFK. Every time I call the Halifax they are clueless and I get all bothered with them, so have sent a letter asking for confirmation instead.

Afternoon all :)

Raining cats n dogs here. I am looking after my friends boys overnight, so 4 kids under 6 in my charge tonight. Is it wine time yet?!

Another item sold on eBay, so £12 just OPd.

:cool: I have a plan. It's a back-of-a-fag-packet plan, but a plan nonetheless, whereby we will be in five figures by this time next week :o;):cool:

I'll love you and leave you all in suspense until this time next week... :)
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure