IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

ParkingEye/Court

Options

Comments

• pedalpower
    Options
    pogofish wrote: »
    Interesting second post this - It does ring a quite a lot of alarm bells - So I wonder why you bristle so much at someone taking some quite reasonable and basic precautions?

It's not a quite reasonable and basic precaution, is it? It's a direct accusation that I'm employed by PE and trolling. As stated, I await his next reply and the reply of anyone willing to take up my offer.
  • pogofish
    pogofish Posts: 10,852 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    That "offer" could also be seen as an attemt to get someone to engage in off-forum contact in order to try and identify/gather evidence on them.

Which is a tactic we have seen repeatedly from PE/PPC stooges. So I doubt you will get any takers.

An I must say, the most active PE stooge has not been particularly bright or devious - using very similar posts repeatedly till they eventually form a new idea to try.
  • pedalpower
    Options
    I appreciate from reading the threads originally that you have "stooges" which is why I made my offer rather than be direct on here. As for your point, I'm not asking for anyone to give me evidence or identify themselves to me, am I? Quite the reverse in fact.
  • Guys_Dad
    Guys_Dad Posts: 11,025 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    pedalpower wrote: »
    I appreciate from reading the threads originally that you have "stooges" which is why I made my offer rather than be direct on here. As for your point, I'm not asking for anyone to give me evidence or identify themselves to me, am I? Quite the reverse in fact.

Well I will treat your thread at face value and give the following advice.

1. No you don't have to go to Northampton. I should be held in your local court.

2. Advice on appeal points - do read the last few weeks contributions on POPLA Decisions sticky thread as well as http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=4739105 and http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=4739845 but read to the end of the second one.

3. You obviously would need to submit your evidence to court and there are threads on here only recently on what to do there.

Now, in case any regular worries that I may be feeding a troll, all of this is already on the forum and any PPC will have seen it anyway.

I, too, will await any evidence on this poster being a PPC troll. I do have to say that if you are, then I don't see what you would gain, but maybe I am naive.

If you are not, then spacey and pogofish's reputation as spycatchers will have taken a tumble.

Vigilance or paranoia? The jury may be still out.
  • pogofish
    pogofish Posts: 10,852 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    pedalpower wrote: »

Great - keep to the current advice given on-forum and we will take it from there. :)
  • spacey2012
    spacey2012 Posts: 5,836 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Parking Eye troll spotter

(First paragraph)
    Discredit forums claiming to have read advice (yet never posted before ?) Blame the forums for your advice and court action (dis-accreditation).
    Paragraph 2.
    Iterate the point that advice they received from a forum has landed them in court.
    (make no information regarding the actual ticket in any posts)
    paragraph 3
    (iterate that "things have changed" and request any advice for a defence fishing for information to use in court claims)

The game is up, go away and do it on pepipoo, they fall for it on there.
    But your game is up here, you are running a show, that is what you are employed to do, the exact position was advertised on parking eye vacancies and here you are.
    Your mistake is using the same format of construction, using the same capitalisation of keywords followed by exclamation marks and foolishly cross posting identical copy and paste text strings on other forums .
    Poacher turned game keeper as well, well shame on you.
    Quit whilst your winning?! .
    See what I did there.
    Be happy...;)
  • Guys_Dad
    Guys_Dad Posts: 11,025 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    spacey2012 wrote: »

(First paragraph)
    Discredit forums claiming to have read advice (yet never posted before ?) Blame the forums for your advice and court action (dis-accreditation). Well, not convinced by that. Many if not most OPs are from newbies who have had their first Parking ticket. It's a good move to read previous posts and if you use the wrong search criteria - as we have heard from other newbies only yesterday and today - you get old threads.

Or, of course, he could have landed on one of your recent posts where you yourself actively encouraged people to ignore!

Paragraph 2.
    Iterate the point that advice they received from a forum has landed them in court. Well, the court papers have landed, haven't they? And poster is indicating that they previously consulted here for advice. Maybe they read yours.
    paragraph 3
    (iterate that "things have changed" and request any advice for a defence fishing for information to use in court claims) Isn't that what just about every OP asks for? I have lost track of how many threads have been responded to that have asked for this. In addition to the pm's that I received as well.

But your game is up here, you are running a show, that is what you are employed to do, the exact position was advertised on parking eye vacancies and here you are.
    Your mistake is using the same format of construction, using the same capitalisation of keywords followed by exclamation marks and foolishly cross posting identical copy and paste text strings on other forums .
    Quit whilst your winning?! .
    See what I did there.

If that's all you have got spacey, it's not much to go on, is it?
  • pedalpower
    Options
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by spacey2012 View Post

(First paragraph)
    Discredit forums claiming to have read advice (yet never posted before ?) Blame the forums for your advice and court action (dis-accreditation). Well, not convinced by that. Many if not most OPs are from newbies who have had their first Parking ticket. It's a good move to read previous posts and if you use the wrong search criteria - as we have heard from other newbies only yesterday and today - you get old threads.
    I didn't discredit the forum, did I? Simply stated the facts. Ticket, read forums, overwhelming advice to ignore, ignored everything, got N1. Questioned original advice in light of this now.

Or, of course, he could have landed on one of your recent posts where you yourself actively encouraged people to ignore!
    Touche:rotfl:

Paragraph 2.
    Iterate the point that advice they received from a forum has landed them in court.
    That's because the advice I took from the forum has landed me in Court. Not too difficult to understand, is it?

Well, the court papers have landed, haven't they? And poster is indicating that they previously consulted here for advice. Maybe they read yours.
    paragraph 3
    (iterate that "things have changed" and request any advice for a defence fishing for information to use in court claims)
    Isn't that what just about every OP asks for? I have lost track of how many threads have been responded to that have asked for this. In addition to the pm's that I received as well.

Yes, iterated because things do seem to have changed since I read the forum on receipt of the ticket and ignored everything. On coming back because of the NC1 there does seem to be sea-change.

Would you like to post up the "exact" copy to substantiate your claim?
    Quit whilst your winning?!
    See what I did there.

If that's all you have got spacey, it's not much to go on, is it?

Guys Dad - thanks for your posts and trust. Would you be willing to accept a PM from me? I have a pretty foolproof way of proving who I am and that I can be trusted.

spacey2012 - if he accepts and is convinced a big apology on this thread will suffice. Perhaps you could even PM him the Facebook profile of the employee you think I am (as mentioned in your earlier post) to him as further verification it's not me.:)
  • Orrin
    Orrin Posts: 448 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    edited 28 August 2013 at 1:58PM
    Options
    It's a bit odd you're so desperate to prove your identity. So what if some random stranger on the internet doesn't believe you?

ETA:
    By odd I don't mean I think you're a PPC stooge, just odd in general.
  • Hovite_2
    Hovite_2 Posts: 749 Forumite
    Options
    I have to say, I'm now suspicious. The OP seems very up with current process and the use of the phrases "N1" and "NC1" suggests they need no advice from here !
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure