New Post Advanced Search

ParkingEye/Court

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking
37 replies 10.1K views
pedalpowerpedalpower Forumite
29 posts
edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking
Hello All,
After receiving a PE ticket early in the year, I visited this and other forums for advice and watched the Watchdog video. The advice overwhelmingly was to ignore all further communication, wait for certain forms to arrive and it'll go away. Well, as per my title, it hasn't. The charge is for overstaying in a 3 hour car park that didn't require a parking ticket.

Assuming it's still possible, can anyone either give advice as to my next step ie. the writing of a defence and reply to the Court or, point me to a concise thread that does so? I have read some updated threads but can't find one that relates to this specifically. There appears to have been a sea-change as to the action/reaction for these tickets since early 2013?

Persumably I can do all this by post and not have to travel to Northampton?

Thanks for your time.
«134

Replies

  • spacey2012spacey2012 Forumite
    5.8K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    You have used the same and exact form of punctuation in the same places as similar posts that have appeared over the past month.
    Be happy...;)
  • pedalpower wrote: »
    Hello All,
    After receiving a PE ticket early in the year, I visited this and other forums for advice and watched the Watchdog video. The advice overwhelmingly was to ignore all further communication, wait for certain forms to arrive and it'll go away. Well, as per my title, it hasn't. The charge is for overstaying in a 3 hour car park that didn't require a parking ticket.

    Assuming it's still possible, can anyone either give advice as to my next step ie. the writing of a defence and reply to the Court or, point me to a concise thread that does so? I have read some updated threads but can't find one that relates to this specifically. There appears to have been a sea-change as to the action/reaction for these tickets since early 2013?

    Persumably I can do all this by post and not have to travel to Northampton?

    Thanks for your time.

    Have you actually received Court papers then?

    If yes, google Parking Eye Court and you will see the best course of action, rather then explain it again here.

    Whatever you do, don't ignore and make sure that you file online that you intend to defend, thus buying you time to do a proper defense.

    There is plenty that you can do to defend this and make it go away. Parking Eye don't want to take this to Court as win or lose, they lose money and they exist for profit alone.

    They will try and brow beat you into paying up, which work for some people who are scared of going to court.
    Search my post " PoPLA evidence - What to submit" on what is a good defense for a PoPLA appeal.
  • HappyMJHappyMJ Forumite
    21.1K posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PE has become a lot more aggressive lately. Have you received the court papers? Reply to the court papers denying everything. Ask the PPC for mediation which will keep it out of court if you can come to an agreement which may or may not happen. If that fails then you just go to court with exactly the same information as you would have presented to POPLA had you appealed the parking ticket earlier. Charges excessive, signage not clear or whatever you feel you can appeal on.

    You deal with this in your local county court ...you do not travel to Northhampton there is no court there it's an administrative court. The PPC has to travel to you.
    :footie:
    :p Regular savers earn 6% interest (HSBC, First Direct, M&S) :p Loans cost 2.9% per year (Nationwide) = FREE money. :p
  • Coupon-madCoupon-mad Forumite
    85.9K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    pedalpower wrote: »
    Hello All,
    After receiving a PE ticket early in the year, I visited this and other forums for advice and watched the Watchdog video. The advice overwhelmingly was to ignore all further communication, wait for certain forms to arrive and it'll go away. Well, as per my title, it hasn't. The charge is for overstaying in a 3 hour car park that didn't require a parking ticket.

    Assuming it's still possible, can anyone either give advice as to my next step ie. the writing of a defence and reply to the Court or, point me to a concise thread that does so? I have read some updated threads but can't find one that relates to this specifically. There appears to have been a sea-change as to the action/reaction for these tickets since early 2013?

    Persumably I can do all this by post and not have to travel to Northampton?

    Thanks for your time.




    Search the forum for the keyword 'court' - and do the same on pepipoo's non-council parking forum and you will find dozens and dozens of cases like yours where PE have gone berserk like some megalomaniac idiots with no concept on the longterm effect on their retailer client base and credibility!

    They'll learn in the end when they lose contracts left, right and centre for their aggression. When people like you COMPLAIN to the retailers.

    http://forums.pepipoo.com/index.php?showtopic=82744&st=0&gopid=862298

    The above link includes my usual links to help with small claims court and defences.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • spacey2012spacey2012 Forumite
    5.8K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    I would... Tell the boss at parking eye, someone has sussed you out....
    Be happy...;)
  • Guys_DadGuys_Dad Forumite
    11K posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    spacey2012 wrote: »
    I would... Tell the boss at parking eye, someone has sussed you out....

    I am very naive but didn't find anything to make me think this is a PPC spy.

    In the position of asking "Is it me or is it you?" Sorry.
  • Coupon-madCoupon-mad Forumite
    85.9K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    spacey2012 wrote: »
    I would... Tell the boss at parking eye, someone has sussed you out....


    Interesting! :)

    Can you show us the other threads you are thinking of, would love to see what you have seen here!
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • spacey2012spacey2012 Forumite
    5.8K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    I will reveal all including the name of the employee behind it if they do it just one more time, even the facebook profile of their new employee they pay to trawl the forums boasting about it.
    Go for it Parking Eye.
    Be happy...;)
  • Well, came online this morning to read replies and hopefully start to formulate plan of defence, only to find the 'spacedetective' has got his knickers in a twist and started to spread false information on my thread. spacey2012 you're not Tony Blair are you?:rotfl:
    No wonder Parking Eye keeping going when there is so much infighting and mistrust on a forum designed to help. They must be laughing all the way to County Court.
    spacey2012 - you really have made a fool of yourself. I look forward to your next reply and it's revelations, because it'll be more rope to hang yourself with. I'm more than willing to PM someone trustworthy my identity or home tel' number so they can speak to me before hopefully getting more info' from forum members.
    My thanks to those that have posted sensible replies so far.
  • pogofishpogofish Forumite
    10.5K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    pedalpower wrote: »
    Well, came online this morning to read replies and hopefully start to formulate plan of defence, only to find the 'spacedetective' has got his knickers in a twist and started to spread false information on my thread. spacey2012 you're not Tony Blair are you?:rotfl:
    No wonder Parking Eye keeping going when there is so much infighting and mistrust on a forum designed to help. They must be laughing all the way to County Court.
    spacey2012 - you really have made a fool of yourself. I look forward to your next reply and it's revelations, because it'll be more rope to hang yourself with. I'm more than willing to PM someone trustworthy my identity or home tel' number so they can speak to me before hopefully getting more info' from forum members.
    My thanks to those that have posted sensible replies so far.

    Interesting second post this - It does ring a quite a lot of alarm bells - So I wonder why you bristle so much at someone taking some quite reasonable and basic precautions?
This discussion has been closed.

Quick links

Essential Money | Who & Where are you? | Work & Benefits | Household and travel | Shopping & Freebies | About MSE | The MoneySavers Arms | Covid-19 & Coronavirus Support