Solar energy - Feed-in Tariff payment delays - your experiences?

Options

Comments

• The_Green_Hornet
    Options
    Gave quarterly readings to E.on on Friday 12th October and money was received into my bank account today Thursday 18th October.
  • KevinG
    KevinG Posts: 1,865 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Submitted my readings online to Scottish Power on the evening of 30 September, still no payment, this is the longest they have ever taken. I'll give them the 28 days before chasing.
    2kWp Solar PV - 10*200W Kioto, SMA Sunny Boy 2000HF, SSE facing, some shading in winter, 37° pitch, installed Jun-2011, inverter replaced Sep-2017 AND Feb-2022.
  • zeupater
    zeupater Posts: 5,355 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    edited 18 October 2012 at 4:11PM
    Options
    KevinG wrote: »
    Submitted my readings online to Scottish Power on the evening of 30 September, still no payment, this is the longest they have ever taken. I'll give them the 28 days before chasing.
    Hi

Same boat here (see post #653) ...... from talking to their agent when submitting our TGM reading, it looks like a deliberate decision to extend the payment period and withhold funds for much longer .... my guess is that it make their debtor analysis look better and swells senior management bonuses .... shame on them.

Previous payments have always tended to be on the third Friday after submitting the reading (ie submitting on a Friday results in a 2 week payment), I guess that they've moved it to the fifth .... with an automated BACS payment system there's no excuse other than profit ....

HTH
    Z
    "We are what we repeatedly do, excellence then is not an act, but a habit. " ...... Aristotle
    B)
  • Scottish_Power
    Scottish_Power Posts: 1,263 Organisation Representative
    Options
    Kevin G, zeupater, if you e-mail your details to [EMAIL="onlinecomplaints@scottishpower.com"]onlinecomplaints@scottishpower.com[/EMAIL] I can check on the status of your payments for you.

Thanks David @ ScottishPower
    Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of Scottish Power. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • KevinG
    Options
    Thanks for the reply David, but I'll let you have the 28 days as advised when submitting the reading before complaining. Incidentally zeupater, my last payment was on a Tuesday, not a Friday.
    2kWp Solar PV - 10*200W Kioto, SMA Sunny Boy 2000HF, SSE facing, some shading in winter, 37° pitch, installed Jun-2011, inverter replaced Sep-2017 AND Feb-2022.
  • dprice1164
    dprice1164 Posts: 52 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 18 October 2012 at 6:51PM
    Options
    Phoned my FIT reading into E.ON today and asked whether emailing the reading was just as quick for payment. I was led to believe that if you're on the new automated system, it's still better to phone in your reading.
  • zeupater
    Options
    Kevin G, zeupater, if you e-mail your details to [EMAIL="onlinecomplaints@scottishpower.com"]onlinecomplaints@scottishpower.com[/EMAIL] I can check on the status of your payments for you.

Hi David

Thanks for the offer but I've already been informed what the BACS payment date will be and that Scottish Power have increased the payment timescales when I phoned the TGM reading through .....

Perhaps it would be better to feed the reported payment timescales being achieved by other suppliers and level of dissatisfaction back to the relevant department(s) as it unfolds ... after seemingly being the preferred partner of choice for FiT and renewables for some time on this forum, it looks like SP have deliberately chosen to take a backwards step in terms of customer service simply for financial gain just at the same time as other providers are improving their own image .... :eek: ....

Of course, I'll let you know if the payment's late .... :D

Tut Tut, naughty, naughty Scottish Power - did no-one expect anyone to notice ? .... :naughty:
    Z
    "We are what we repeatedly do, excellence then is not an act, but a habit. " ...... Aristotle
    B)
  • zeupater
    Options
    zeupater wrote: »
    Hi All

Heads Up .....

Our total generation meter reading was phoned through to Scottish Power today and I was told that the payment would be in the account in November, if so it looks like they're looking at holding onto cash for longer than has been the case in the past .... when queried, the agent used almost every excuse in the book, from high workload to SP being better at paying than others, to 'it's government money' whatever that means - Not being one to let it pass, I think that he now appreciates that a little more forethought should be used before conveying porkies in the future ... ;):D

I'll let everyone know if this is the case when the payment enters the account ....

Naughty, naughty, naughty Mr Scottish Power :naughty: ..... Tut tut ...

HTH
    Z
    Hi All

Update as promised ....

Looks like the agent I spoke to needs to have a little retraining as he obviously can't read the screen - either that or there has been a decision to reverse a payment policy change :think: .... BACS statement received today, payment hit the bank account yesterday, the third Friday since the reading was submitted ... this being exactly the date I would have expected as per previous payment timescales.

Whatever the reason for a November BACS payment date being confirmed by the agent along with a discussion to defend extended payment timescales, good service from Scottish Power seems to continue ....

Keep it up .... :)

HTH
    Z
    B)
  • zeupater
    Options

@scottishpower company representative

Hi David

I have now received payment within what would be considered as being normal timescales (third friday from submitting TGM reading) .... do you have any idea why the agent I spoke to gave me, and confirmed, a BACS transfer date in November ?

Training issue .. or .. U-turn ??
    Z
    B)
  • KevinG
    Options
    Well I haven't had mine yet!
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback