C Drive losing space

Options
13»

Comments

• AndyPix
    AndyPix Posts: 4,847 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Your option is to use your current license key to install the corresponding version of W10
  • EveryWhere
    EveryWhere Posts: 3,249 Forumite
    Options
    rmg1 wrote: »
    Aplogies for hijacking the thread, but I'm currently on Win7 and looking to move to Win10 (and installing as SSD at the same time).
    I currently have Win7 Home Premium 64-bit.

What are my options when upgrading to Win10?

Did the OS arrive pre-installed with the laptop? Which brand? What OS is shown on the COA on the underside of the laptop?
  • JustAnotherSaver
    Options
    EveryWhere wrote: »
    Which is exactly the kind of behaviour that you criticise. Someone who has a belief, but with absolutely no tangible reason for having it.

Get it?.
    It’s a bit like when religious people bang on about their religion and try force it on you.

You can believe in your God, whoever that is. It does me no harm.

You're not the only one who can use my words. I'll use mine and yours, just so nobody is being misquoted ;)

You're wrong with what i criticise. "Someone who has a belief, but with absolutely no tangible reason for having it." <---- where did I say that ever? Now i know the answer to that because i never actually said it but please tell me where i said that. See that's the problem when your intention is to twist words to make a point ... you end up just lying and it looks desperate. If i'd said it then i'd said it and that's fair enough ........ but i didn't. You just wanted me to say it so it helps your position.

What i said, and to save you quoting me i'll quote myself...again...
    It’s a bit like when religious people bang on about their religion and try force it on you.

You can believe in your God, whoever that is. It does me no harm.

It's like when religious people bang on .... and try force it on you.
    You can believe in your God ... it does me no harm.

That is to say, without twisting words, my issue is when people try to force their views on you. You can have whatever views you wish, but don't try and force them on me.

I don't need to know your reasons for your views, i don't care for your reasons. They're good enough for you and that's fine by me. I don't ask anyone to share my views, they're just my views. I'm quite happy with my standing, others should be happy with their standing, nobody needs to explain to anyone because everyone is happy with their own stance.

Yet people aren't happy with their own stance .... they need to try and make everyone else share that stance and they question other people because they believe them to be wrong.

THAT is the problem.

Bringing this specifically on to a Windows 7 -v- Windows 10 thing. You're happy with Windows 10, clearly (watch .... you'll come out as a Linux person next just to be awkward, but for examples sake...). I don't ask you to justify why Windows 10 is super duper. I don't particularly care. So the idea that i should be here justifying why i am staying on Windows 7 ....... especially when the thread was created about losing space on a C drive, is ridiculous.

Get it?
    No one cares whether you move or not. Certainly not I.
    Nope, you just write a ton about it when you don't care. :T
    You managed to convince yourself yet?
  • Carrot007
    Carrot007 Posts: 4,534 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options

Quote:
    Originally Posted by EveryWhere viewpost.gif
    No one cares whether you move or not. Certainly not I.

Get it?Nope, you just write a ton about it when you don't care. :T
    You managed to convince yourself yet?

I don't care. I just hope you bank refuses to refund any transactions made with your insecure box. Which would happen in an equitable world.
  • EveryWhere
    Options
    You're not the only one who can use my words. I'll use mine and yours, just so nobody is being misquoted ;)

You're wrong with what i criticise. "Someone who has a belief, but with absolutely no tangible reason for having it." <---- where did I say that ever?

I don't know what most of that was about. Perhaps you misunderstood, but I doubt it.

I wrote that. Meaning that it was you who appeared totally against Windows 10 with no reason other than it's initial appearance.

I don't care if you change means that it doesn't make any difference to my life. but that doesn't mean that I am not willing to discuss the pros and cons with you. It just means that in the end, it makes no difference to my life.
    I was just willing to give you the benefit of my knowledge, but in the end you will decide, with the information that you would have.

Besides that;

You wrote:

The thing about religion is that it requires a leap of faith to believe something that may not be tangible.

That actually describes yourself more than anyone on this thread, since anyone who actually uses an OS, regardless of whether it is 10, 8.1, 7, Linux, MacOS will be able to describe how it is in use. The tangible benefits or otherwise.

So no one has tried to convince you to switch. The point is to discuss your experiences.

So far, the sum total of your input that has been on-topic is thus;

I have no intention of moving to Windows 10 as i don't like the look of it, simple as that really

So that is as far as your intelligence will take you. You have no experience with anything else and are unwilling to discuss anything else. So in that respect, you will remain ignorant.

If you are happy to remain ignorant, that is your prerogative. No one here will try to force you to change.

But what is your loss is that you don't take the opportunity to discuss the pro and cons with people who still use both, like myself. I still have Windows 7 on my Netbook, so could have discussed both OS at length.
    Instead, you decided to dig your heels in and unfortunately for yourself, choose to stay blinkered.
    Up to you.
    But to protect myself from ever wasting time with you again in the future, I will place you on ignore, just to remind myself never to try to help you again.

Have a pleasant evening.
  • rmg1
    rmg1 Posts: 3,131 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Did the OS arrive pre-installed with the laptop? Which brand? What OS is shown on the COA on the underside of the laptop?

It's a desktop (home-built) so there is no COA.
    I do have the disk with the licence key on it if that helps.
    :wall: Flagellation, necrophilia and bestiality - Am I flogging a dead horse? :wall:

Any posts are my opinion and only that. Please read at your own risk.
  • EveryWhere
    Options
    rmg1 wrote: »
    It's a desktop (home-built) so there is no COA.
    I do have the disk with the licence key on it if that helps.

It depends on whether you want to upgrade over the top or to run a clean install.
    The problem with upgrading over the top or using the current key is that you will end up with Windows 10 Home.
    Easier to spend the £2 or £3 to purchase a Pro key via eBay and to clean install Windows 10 Pro to the SSD.

There is another way to upgrade to Pro from your current setup, but it is far more complicated.
    Involving the identifying of the exact Motherboard etc
  • rmg1
    rmg1 Posts: 3,131 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    It depends on whether you want to upgrade over the top or to run a clean install.
    The problem with upgrading over the top or using the current key is that you will end up with Windows 10 Home.
    Easier to spend the £2 or £3 to purchase a Pro key via eBay and to clean install Windows 10 Pro to the SSD.

There is another way to upgrade to Pro from your current setup, but it is far more complicated.
    Involving the identifying of the exact Motherboard etc

It will be a clean install onto an SSD (once I've bought one!).
    I can get you the motherboard details but I'll start another thread to save clogging this one up any further.
    :wall: Flagellation, necrophilia and bestiality - Am I flogging a dead horse? :wall:

Any posts are my opinion and only that. Please read at your own risk.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure