IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Newbie advice 16 mins over (parking eye)

Options
hi guys,

i'm after a bit of advice please, i've read the newbie packing ticket forum but to be honest there is so much information on there i found it a bit overwhelming and thought i'd ask for advice.

we received a letter through the door yesterday from Parking Eye requesting £100 parking charge. we entered the car park in wells by the sea at 13:01:42 and left at 16:18:17 we were in the car park for 3 hours and 16 mins. we paid for 3 hours parking but we were going by the time issued on the ticket (which we no longer have)

the issue we have is we were under the impression that there was supposed to be a grace period for parking? they have not taken into account the time that it took to actually park the car, find the machine, walk to the machine, wait in a queue for ages while the couple in front scrambled for change etc. we were back at our vehicle on time but with strapping in 2 babies and giving the dog a drink, we may have ran over.

we were also under the impression that there was a time limit on when you were supposed t be notfied by? we parked on the 30/09/17 and were only notified yesterday 23/10/17 (23 days later)

we want to appeal but we're not sure if its worth it or where to start. i've looked at the newbies forum but i got a bit confused and don't want to copy/paste the wrong items and stuff up my appeal if there even is one. some have even offered the advice of "ignore it"

lastly, it looks like they have issued a "golden ticket" as the bottom section of the PCN is blank and does not have any information stated that should be there.

thanks in advance

Comments

• Redx
    Redx Posts: 38,084 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    correct on all counts (well done)

yes you have a golden ticket due to their failure to get the NTK to you within 14 days

and you have the GRACE PERIODS argument too

use this appeal I rewrote for similar cases recently

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5723342

post #4
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 132,253 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    we parked on the 30/09/17 and were only notified yesterday 23/10/17 (23 days later)
    Great!
    lastly, it looks like they have issued a "golden ticket" as the bottom section of the PCN is blank and does not have any information stated that should be there.
    You do have a golden ticket which means the keeper CANNOT LOSE at appeal. Round of applause/sigh of relief!

Simply use the NEWBIES template appeal for BPA members, or Redx's one, or the one written by Edna Basher here:

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5730927

As easy as you like, these ones! Fun, even, to waste their worthless time.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • supertramp_1980
    Options
    thanks redx & coupon mad, thats brlliant. so do we now just follow the appeal procedure on the letter and sit back and wait for the POPLA code to come through? (hopefully, they'll just cancel the fine)
  • Redx
    Options
    its not a fine , its an invoice

I have no idea what it says on the NTK

the correct procedure is go on their website and appeal the pcn reference number

choose KEEPER from their menu , copy and paste the appeal in , SUBMIT

job done
  • supertramp_1980
    Options
    thanks redx, i'll get on it now.
  • supertramp_1980
    Options
    all done, that was easier than i thought. thanks for all of your help everyone. i'll report back once we hear back from parking eye

thank you all again
  • supertramp_1980
    Options
    As predicted, they have rejected our appeal and have issued a POPLA code. is there anything i should be aware of before i start the POPLA appeal process?
  • Quentin
    Quentin Posts: 40,405 Forumite
    Options
    Appeals to popla are covered comprehensively in the Newbies faq thread.

Read up there, then construct yours and put it up here for comment - allow enough time to make any alterations suggested before the appeal deadline
  • supertramp_1980
    Options
    thanks quentin, i'll have a read up now
  • Redx
    Options
    only that you have 28 days to upload the appeal to popla

read the POPLA DECISIONS thread backwards and find similar recent cases and plagiarise their winning appeals for your own draft

also read post #3 of the NEWBIES sticky thread and read a few linked appeals , so you get the gist

lastly, put GOLDEN TICKET into the drop down forum search box, find similar recent threads and see what their appeals said

after doing the above , you should have your own draft ready to submit to popla
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure