Another Tesco Massive Price Increase

Options

Comments

• djohn2002uk
    djohn2002uk Posts: 2,323 Forumite
    Options
    What do you expect from Tesco. They just bought all the staff new badges and they are all getting new uniforms soon. 250,000 of them. Gotta pay for them somehow. Me, I think they are taking the p*** out of all of us.
  • iliketosave_2
    Options
    brogusblue wrote: »
    Hello

I have notice that a lot of prices have risen sharply over this month like 2 weeks ago i buy the value chickens for my dogs they where £1.99 last week £2.69 each now £2.46 confusing i normally buy 5 at a time, My friend always used to buy the value items at tesco but he doesn't now as nearly the same price as tesco's own. Some of cheap discounted items look nasty i always think quality rather than qaunity.

Cheers
    Brogusblue

£1.99 was a very short term price one weekend to match Asda, £2.46 was the price before, not sure about the £2.69 but they do have a habit of dropping prices, put them back up higher, then drop down to the original price and call it an offer. They think we were born yesterday.
  • p00
    p00 Posts: 824 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Tesco £1.99 chickens were advertised again today in store but I couldnt find any in stock.

xxp00
  • thor
    thor Posts: 5,483 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I refuse to buy on principle when Tesco(and other supermarkets are guilty of this too) bring out a bogof offer but the price of one has been boosted so much that it very nearly matches the previous price of two. I only wish other customers did so too.
  • alandbailey
    Options
    :mad: Today I noticed that Tesco own brand large tins of Wild Pink Salmon are now on sale at £1.74; they were 80p.
    I immediately drove 1 mile to Sainsbury's where their own brand is still 80p and stocked up.:j
  • Gunna
    Gunna Posts: 212 Forumite
    Options
    Huh i have noticed all of this too !!!

Especially as mentioned those darn big tins of sweets we all buy at christmas...oh yes on offer you think for a fiver you are getting a bargain but then again.....we bought a tin(well plastic tub which a actually prefer now) of Celebrations 2 weeks ago on offer in Tesco for £5.00 but when we got home we realised the tin was 950g now(i think)!!!!!!! What happened to the 1.3kg it used to be and the same with quality street,roses etc...all these mighty tins have shrunk hmmm not sure i llike these sneaky tactics!!!! Less sweeties for the family at Chrimbo...

Also has anyone else noticed the amount we are paying for tinned veg omg it is a right rip off!!!! with knobs on lol the price of a tin of Bigga peas 45p !! blimey they are that over cooked there is no vitamins or anything left in them they should be giving us them for free......the same goes for all the veg if it doesn't taste like bullets then it is ridiculously overpriced...OUTRAGEOUS !!!! :)
  • MOCHA
    MOCHA Posts: 270 Forumite
    Options
    What do you expect from Tesco. They just bought all the staff new badges and they are all getting new uniforms soon. 250,000 of them. Gotta pay for them somehow. Me, I think they are taking the p*** out of all of us.

The staff in my local store got their new uniforms about a month ago and yes WE'RE paying for them.
    Don't forget there'll be a fancy Christmas ad on tv soon as well and the Spice Girls got a million quid EACH for their 'efforts' last year!:eek:
  • katskorner
    katskorner Posts: 2,972 Forumite
    Options
    Our store has just been refurbished and the prices have gone up in there. They have also removed lots of non-food lines and replaced them with discount brand foods. I like it even less than before. They did have loads of £1.99 chickens in though - not seen a shortage so far.
    3 kids(DS1 6 Nov, DS2 8 Feb, DS3 24 Dec) a hubby and two cats - I love to save every penny I can!
    :beer:
  • loveday
    loveday Posts: 22 Forumite
    Options
    value pasta up to 38p from 21p-ish.
    value milk up to over 50p from 41p...

very little help!
  • The_Teaahloic
    Options
    We should all boycott them for one day. Tell everyone we know to do the same. If enough people avoided Tescos for one day it would make a big difference to their takings.
    They need to be shown that they are not the only shop on the planet and we are not idiots that they can fool with "market value" rubbish!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure