Forum Home» Food Shopping & Groceries» Gone Off!

Another Tesco Massive Price Increase - Page 2

New Post Advanced Search
We are currently experiencing a high volume of spam and have increased the sensitivity of our spam filters. This could mean that genuine posts may get caught. If you believe this has happened to one of your posts, please email the Forum team on [email protected] As always, we are really grateful for your patience whilst we get this sorted - which we'll do as soon as possible.
Important update! We have recently reviewed and updated our Forum Rules and FAQs. Please take the time to familiarise yourself with the latest version.

Another Tesco Massive Price Increase

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Gone Off!
749 replies 80.1K views

Replies

• felicity1 wrote: »
    I too am fed up of seeing the Tesco ads for cheap junk food .

Me too, oh great I can pick up 8 hamburgers for 97p but they will be crap and tiny. I want cheap, healthy food in large amounts. I know some supermarkets are now pimping these 50p/£1 bags of fruit/veg but they are small and a few pence more in the loose section can get about 500-1kg more, especially with potatoes.
    Buy for value not cost.
    Feb Grocery = £55.87 / 80
  • KelevaKeleva Forumite
    43 posts
    I've also noticed that since Tesco "rebranded" their value lines, their prices have gone up - although I also appreciate that goods are going up anyway :)

Eg, Their value mushrooms used to be £1.29 for 750gms. They are now sold as "Market Value", in smaller boxes (350 gms max?) for about 75p (Going from memory here)

Milk is hugely expensive now. I choose to buy organic, but often I time it for when the reduced milk is being put out and buy it all and freeze it :) I very rarely pay full price and have never had any problems with it.
  • sinwsinw Forumite
    7.8K posts
    think we need a cheap staples thread so we can find those essentials at their cheapest without running in and out of each poopermarket

I cant make sence this recession, people have not got nuf money, so supermarkets, newspapers etc.. put their prices up to keep their profit margins high - really they sell less cos people aint got nuf money and dont buy as much. As for a free market economy; well dont get me started, the basxxrds (companies) been robbing people for ages an now they are getting bailed out by goverments (taxpayers/us again) double whammy - i say let it all slip n slide
    SIMPLES!
  • You will also find that waitrose are making discount offers that are the same as those seen on morrison adverts. This is a big sign that price wars are going to start reducing prices in bigger grocers.
  • Another item which has really made me cross is the Value Line beetroot. Didn't have any jars of beetroot at all for a spell in our Extra store. It has now appeared at the front of the store at 45p when the equivalent is 19p and 20p in Asda and Morrisons. I was so irate I pointed it out at CS. They couldn't believe it but that is as far as it goes. I would liked to have tackled the manager!
  • Important update! We have recently reviewed and updated our Forum Rules and FAQs. Please take the time to familiarise yourself with the latest version.
  • sinwsinw Forumite
    7.8K posts
    Another item which has really made me cross is the Value Line beetroot. Didn't have any jars of beetroot at all for a spell in our Extra store. It has now appeared at the front of the store at 45p when the equivalent is 19p and 20p in Asda and Morrisons. I was so irate I pointed it out at CS. They couldn't believe it but that is as far as it goes. I would liked to have tackled the manager!

open a jar an throw it at him
    SIMPLES!
  • topmumtopmum Forumite
    387 posts
    But Dawn French says Tesco are the UKs 'biggest discounters' in the ad????? :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
    :rotfl:
  • sinwsinw Forumite
    7.8K posts
    Me thinks she neva been in Tesco to shop only to pik up her big fat cheque and some free chocs (see Dibley)

I caught Morrisons out on BOGOF the other week:

Pizza bogof £1.99p

however

Shoved them up 50p as before that they were £1.49p

be careful out there x
    SIMPLES!
  • AletankAletank Forumite
    562 posts
    Part of the Furniture 500 Posts
    ✭✭
    I use to buy the Tesco Ice Cream until the recent price increase, It use to be £3for 2, now it's £1.99 each. Thats somethin else I'm goin back Iceland for!
  • irisiris Forumite
    1.1K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭
    I used to buy Tesco's value tinned peaches at 16p a tin earlier this year. Then they went up to 32p:eek: ..... they are now 29p
This discussion has been closed.

Quick links

Essential Money | Who & Where are you? | Work & Benefits | Household and travel | Shopping & Freebies | About MSE | The MoneySavers Arms | Covid-19 & Coronavirus Support