BA going Buy on Board refreshments for short haul...

Options

Comments

• holidaysforme
    Options
    richardw wrote: »

So the piddling half sandwich and free coffee/ wine are going in economy.. A premium airline my !!!!!
    just about to blow all remaining Avios on three US flights, courtesy of Aer Lingus, and a couple of flights to Italy. Back to the LCC rafter that.
  • Marcus-H_2
    Options
    so what happens on my booking I made in July for March next year that was advertised with complimentary food & drinks?
  • peachyprice
    peachyprice Posts: 22,346 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Marcus-H wrote: »
    so what happens on my booking I made in July for March next year that was advertised with complimentary food & drinks?

From the link
    Q What about people with bookings that they made on the basis of BA’s previous promise that: “Whenever and wherever you are travelling we offer a complimentary snack or meal and bar service.”

Tough. The airline is writing to such people, which include me, saying that if we were expecting free food and drink we should adjust our expectations.
    Accept your past without regret, handle your present with confidence and face your future without fear
  • BarryBlue
    BarryBlue Posts: 4,179 Forumite
    Options
    We do use BA quite often and to be honest the food they supply is not very good. The free bar is useful though, especially as you can get seconds. I suppose it is just another decline in standards that we see every day in the UK.

I doubt it will affect whether we book with BA though. We book their flight and hotel packages which are good value, so it will depend if they have a deal we want. If we go BA we shall take our own bacon rolls with us, just as we do on Ryanair or whoever.
    :dance:We're gonna be alright, dancin' on a Saturday night:dance:
  • davetrousers
    Options
    Me too, booked months ago for March 2017. Not pleased with the downgrade in service.

It's pretty galling, BA are trying to sell this as upgrading the service they provde by offering better quality food at a price. I don't think many are fooled by it.

I'd like BA to say sorry rather than trying to tell me they're doing me a favour.

• jpsartre
    jpsartre Posts: 4,085 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    It's pretty galling, BA are trying to sell this as upgrading the service they provde by offering better quality food at a price. I don't think many fooled by it.

Actually for the food bit I can sorta see that point of view (and have seen several customers express it). However, it's tough to argue that charging for the exact same drinks that are now offered free-of-charge is any kind of upgrade.
  • ibizafan_2
    Options
    We've booked BA flights to Ibiza from London City for next April, so we'll revert to our usual not buying anything on such a short flight. Bit annoying though, although the snack was always pretty paltry.
  • Doshwaster
    Doshwaster Posts: 6,137 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    edited 29 September 2016 at 4:35PM
    Options
    Charging for food in Economy doesn't bother me as on my last few flights the "snack" hasn't been very good so the option to buy something half decent is an actual improvement. On short haul flights I make sure I get something to eat at the airport before I fly and if not it's easy enough to pick up something to carry on with you.

However, I will miss my "free" large G&T and BA have always been generous with their refills.
  • PeacefulWaters
    Options
    ibizafan wrote: »
    We've booked BA flights to Ibiza from London City for next April, so we'll revert to our usual not buying anything on such a short flight. Bit annoying though, although the snack was always pretty paltry.
    Does it apply to London City flights?
  • PeacefulWaters
    Options
    I look forward to watching them successfully take orders, heat and serve 150 bacon butties on their MAN to LHR flights.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure