Breaking Through, Travelling On

Options

Comments

• Karmacat
    Karmacat Posts: 39,460 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I used to enjoy Ed's comments and advice when he used to drop in on this thread, Karmacat:j. Not seen anything of him for ages, but I thought that must be because now he has a young child his free time will be more restricted;)

Sounds from your mention of him that he posts elsewhere. Does he have a thread of his own, please?
    He does - answered by Goldie. Ta, Goldie :) And yep, now he has a tiny wee one (and he's moving house) time is tres limited.
    Goldiegirl wrote: »
    Here's Mr Ed

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=4961829

Free slots is a good idea.

I've got a 'throwaway' email address I could use.

I suppose the companies that offer these free slots assume you'll get addicted after using the freebies, but we're made of sterner stuff than that!

I hope the games aren't too complicated though, whenever I walk past a slot machine these days, they look a bit mind boggling!:rotfl:
    That's their logic, I'm sure - same as for any free offer anywhere :D and we are indeed made of sterner stuff :j

For instance, I put a shopping basket together yesterday, at Sainsbo and Asda. I know Asda's cheaper, but I had a 10% off voucher at Sainsbo if I spent over £70 ... well, when I was up to a £50 spend at Sainsbo, the saving at Asda was already greater than £7, so I shut Sainsbo down :D There are a very few things I prefer at Sainsbo, like their pesto, but not much.

Today, hmmm, not sure. Lots of chatting on the phone, absolutely, and yet more tidying in the kitchen. And I'm going to put some stuff on gumtree, getting it done before flu season starts, when I'll be hauling up the drawbridge and not letting anybody in :D
    2023: the year I get to buy a car
  • Goldiegirl
    Options
    I've got an Asda order coming tomorrow.

When I was putting the Asda order together, I was comparing prices to Sainsburys, and most things I needed were cheaper at Asda.

Although I still prefer Sainsburys for when I'm shopping in person, as it's the most convenient place for me to go.
    Early retired - 18th December 2014
    If your dreams don't scare you, they're not big enough
  • Karmacat
    Options
    That describes my situation exactly Goldie, and yet I know we don't live in the same town :rotfl: Ooh, plus, Waitrose are building a new supermarket on a brownland site here - the multistorey car park and the access road have already been finished :j it went to public consultation and 96% of residents were in favour :D

Right! Morning! My kitchen clearing is starting to have an effect :j though that Asda order thats arriving today will put that back slightly - all in a good cause :)

And by the way ... this is Day 347 in the retirement countdown you can tell I *have* been lurgified, and am no longer so, by the fact that I let it drift till now :D

Managed lots of cleaning, and some cat blogging yesterday ... I might get the facebook bit up and running today, and a bit of the writing advertising/offering that my blog supremo does on her blog :T, as SHS will know :beer:
  • Karmacat
    Options
    Yay, got my facebook cat page up and running :) and even sent out a few invites, to the miserable number of fb friends I possess :D some of whom have already responded, bless :j

Then I had an Asda order delivered, everything present and correct :j

Then there was sunshine! So I went out to the front "garden", and started to cut back the very overgrown border there. Its held back from the neighbour's by a slatted fence, and he's cleared the overgrowth from mine, back to within an inch of its life :o:o:o so I've made a start, anyway. Mucho goodness involved :D

And I saw 3 Spitfires! Very, very close formation, and really low too, right over the house, I was so chuffed I was outside to see them, I love Spitfires! They must have come from the display that Prince Harry attended today.
  • Karmacat
    Options
    Morning! Omg, I slept well last night, wonderful. Solid six hours :)

Lots of work today, 3 client hours, plus cleaning etc ready for that.

Interesting late evening here :D I realised I'd let go the ebooks from the library *again*, so went back there, got some more, and started reading World War Z - that's exactly the sort of book I could definitely write, actually, as so far it's a series of interviews by a reporter. Like long blog posts :D tho I've no idea what the film's like. Better look out for it in the charity shops :beer:

Hope everyone has a good day.
  • Cheery_Daff
    Cheery_Daff Posts: 15,710 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    You sound cheery KC :) Glad you've been getting a bit of writing and blogging done! :j
  • edinburgher
    edinburgher Posts: 13,463 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Did you enjoy WWZ KC?

I found myself slightly underwhelmed. The rave reviews that I had read did not match my enjoyment of what I felt was a rather dull read. I can see why they felt the need to try and make the plot more story driven when they made the film. Which (oddly enough) had large sections filmed around the corner from me in Glasgow! Cue fake taxis....
  • Karmacat
    Options
    You sound cheery KC :) Glad you've been getting a bit of writing and blogging done! :j
    Hi Cheery, yes, I'm good right now thanks :j merrily writing away :)
    Did you enjoy WWZ KC?

I found myself slightly underwhelmed. The rave reviews that I had read did not match my enjoyment of what I felt was a rather dull read. I can see why they felt the need to try and make the plot more story driven when they made the film. Which (oddly enough) had large sections filmed around the corner from me in Glasgow! Cue fake taxis....
    It doesn't exactly have a plot as such, does it :p it has a story, for sure, which is a bit different :D I've read the first few interviews, thats all - I don't think I'd go through the whole book, I must say.
    The bloke reads as a capable writer, maybe its *meant* to be dry?

Possibly won't get the film either (tho its 74p on amazon, thanks to you!) I don't like how much buzz there is around Brad Pitt, though I may have to get it to review it, if you know what I mean :eek:

Speaking of filming ... I found out last night that the car chase in Deathly Hallows 1 was filmed in the Mersey Tunnel, the second one :j:j:j
  • Karmacat
    Options
    Oh, and thanks to Ed and camel camel, I went over to Amazon, and found some *weird* books for free on kindle, which will do my CPD very nicely indeed:
    - A History of Self Harm in Britain, from a Wellcome Trust research fellow.
    - A History of Male Psychological Disorders in Britain, 1945-80, from a Research Fellow in Exeter Uni.

Cheery, maybe you should put your doctorate on kindle!
  • edinburgher
    edinburgher Posts: 13,463 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Now *those* sound like dry reading! :eek:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income