Add your feedback on energy supplier Green Star Energy

Options

Comments

• pysifr
    pysifr Posts: 5 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Very annoyed. I was on a 3year fixed tarrif dual fuel and into the second year it was very expensive compared to their annual tarrif, so I arranged to change. Change went OK - but beware the cancellation fee is not just £30 - it is £30 per fuel. Just got my first bill - while unit charge for Electricity went down from 13.17 to 10.64, the daily standing charge went up from 19.22p (£70.15 per year) to 25.02p (£91.32 per year). Similarly gas, unit change down from 3.983 to 2.42 to and daily standing charge down from 23.93p (87.34 per year) to 18.59 (£67.85 per year) - so all in all that balances out. No idea why standing charge has gone up on electricity and, on phoning, the girl was not really able to explain it either! But despite the extra charges I will still be some hundred pounds better off.
  • paul_kirsty
    Options
    Did the big switch and fixed for 3 years. Cannot complain about the price, but they are terrible for contact. I wrote a message 3 weeks ago via their site and got no reply. Wrote to the customer service email directly a week ago and still no reply. I am trying to reduce my direct debit. I had a similar issue last year trying to increase it.:(

If you need something done, call them!
  • Living_proof
    Living_proof Posts: 1,921 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Delete33 wrote: »
    Greenstarenergy failed me I am afraid. Left them in Jan this year, had £1000 credit, just received my money last week through Resolver here at MSE. Passed from customer service rep on a daily basis, appalling lack of care and understanding. NO Compensation given from them after they had my £1000 for months in their bank account. They asked me to send proof that the money had not been paid back to me in April, I asked them for proof that it had left their bank account and paid back to me. DO not go with Greenstarenergy.

Me too. They took months to release the gas meter reference to the new supplier and I am well over £150 in credit. Final bill arrived 27 July but still no refund. They must be in financial difficulties to have to hold on to people's money for this long. I will get on to the Ombudsman although I am sure they already know this is happening.
    Solar Suntellite 250 x16 4kW Afore 3600TL dual 2KW E 2KW W no shade, DN15 March 14
    [SIZE Givenergy 9.5 battery added July 23
    [/SIZE]
  • Singingcactus
    Options
    We've just bought a house and the previoys owners were with green star energy. I've now been 5 weeks trying to make contact with them. Finally managed today after being on hold for 30 minutes, twice (gave up first time). They are going to be another 2 or 3 weeks while they add my bame to the account before they will talk to me to discuss my first payment.
    I just want to get it set up so I can switch away. I'm a military wife so over the last quarter century I've changed suppliers a lot of times and this is the worst company ever! They are making british gas look like a potential supplier again! They can't even give me an estimate based on me being a family of 5, they can only tell me what the previous owner (elderly couple) paid. Useless, without knowledge, and not very personable, that is the very nicest I can be about them.
  • stevegrass777
    Options
    I have found these to be very good,billing is accurate and the price is good,I have now signed up for another 12 months for me and my farther.
    My farthers account was in credit by quite a bit because I set up DD for both gas and electricity but npower only let electricity to be changed over so as a consequence the account built up a big credit,it was no problem to get the money back,they refunded the account no problem.
    The bills are also very clear.
  • KingS6
    KingS6 Posts: 400 Forumite
    Options
    Another positive vote from me. Was with them at my last property, great customer service and competitively priced. Pocketed some cashback too. Would highly recommend.
  • lisa110rry
    lisa110rry Posts: 1,794 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    We are about to find out how they are when switching. Today (as expected and pre-warned) I received an email from my new supplier asking for meter readings, which I supplied. There was a little "flash" on screen so I did telephone and spoke with a lovely lady just to confirm they had received them - she read them out to me. Then I tried to put the same readings in to my account screen for Green Star and it would take my gas reading, but not my electricity reading. Tried using the automated system, failed, held the line (not long and free call) to give the reading verbally but the operative said that as my switch was in progress the reading would have to come from the new supplier. Okay, but Green Star did an estimated reading on 1st September which was a slight over-estimation. No matter, I keep a spreadsheet and record at least monthly readings.

My calculations show that I have underpaid by £7.51 over the past 12 months. My next payment to Green Star is due 26th September, twelve days after my switch date. What's the betting that dd goes out? This will not cause hardship, but it is annoying.

When chatting to the new supplier operative, I mentioned our new boiler fitted in June to replace the 29-year-old one and the fact that I had under-estimated our usage by 10% on that basis, but really I had no idea this year and she said that was okay because they review payments after six months.

We shall see...will also post some of this on the new supplier, So Energy's, thread.
    “And all shall be well. And all shall be well. And all manner of things shall be exceeding well.”
    ― Julian of Norwich
    In other words, Don't Panic!
  • JStuart
    JStuart Posts: 15 Forumite
    Options
    Green Star have been FANTASTIC for me. I am very sorry I left, given trouble with the new supplier. Their customer service has been great, very responsive and helpful. Yes, they have made a few mistakes BUT they own up to them and deal with them. A good choice - I should have stayed rather than go for a cheaper deal
  • lisa110rry
    lisa110rry Posts: 1,794 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    Yes I agree. Had my final bill a few days ago, all correct. Their customer service is superb.
    “And all shall be well. And all shall be well. And all manner of things shall be exceeding well.”
    ― Julian of Norwich
    In other words, Don't Panic!
  • JFR1
    Options
    Single use electricity...75% night use via Economy 7...13000 close estimate of usage....but the online quote reply was my consumption either too high or too low (didnt say which) to be put on unlimited tarriff.
    They seem to have limitations after all then.....
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback