PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Soapnuts

Options

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 12,492 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I have just done my fourth load with the same bag of 5 soapnuts and I am very pleasantly surprised at how clean it is

I have never used them before and they must be working out amazingly cheap as well as better for the skin and environment
  • Ticklemouse
    Ticklemouse Posts: 5,030 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I e-mailled them 2 days ago and asked for a sample. I have some winging their way to me now :D
  • maryb
    maryb Posts: 4,661 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    I'm hoping to get a sample before " quotes" splashing out (sorry!) because I read that if you smash them with a hammer and infuse them in some boiling water for 20 minutes it makes a very good shampoo. My scalp is very sensitive and somone recommended trying this. Apparently it also helps with children to stop them catching nits when they're doing the rounds of the playground.

Just curious - how do you use them in the washing machine? do you put them in a mesh bag in the soap dispenser compartment or in the body of the machine? If you put them in the drum does that mean you have to do a separte rinse afterwards? Because presumably they would soap up again on the final rinse?
    It doesn't matter if you are a glass half full or half empty sort of person. Keep it topped up! Cheers!
  • crazymum_2
    crazymum_2 Posts: 189 Forumite
    Options
    Apparently not - read the blurb on the website.
  • krishna
    krishna Posts: 818 Forumite
    Options
    In India soapnut powder is used as a gentle body scrub and as a shampoo. Works really well. Never thought of putting it in the washing machine.
  • Greenwellies_2
    Options
    Hi, Just wanted to say I emailed them just now, and I got a mail back from an aol address (must be a diverter) to say that the address isn't valid
    :(
  • soba
    soba Posts: 2,166 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Hi Greenwellies, I just emailed them asking for a sample but didn't get that message.
  • aliasojo
    aliasojo Posts: 23,053 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I asked for a sample using their contact us bit on the site.........and got completely ignored. No sample, no knockback.....nothing. :confused:
    Herman - MP for all! :)
  • AussieLass
    AussieLass Posts: 4,066 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    aliasojo wrote:
    I asked for a sample using their contact us bit on the site.........and got completely ignored. No sample, no knockback.....nothing. :confused:

Maybe you should post this on the vent board. :D:p
    Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It's already tomorrow in Australia. ;)

• krishna
    krishna Posts: 818 Forumite
    Options
    I didnt see any offer of samples on their website. I guess if MSEers are starting to ask for samples things could get rather busy and costly for what is clearly a small business.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure