Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • MSE Archna
    • By MSE Archna 28th Jan 13, 5:58 PM
    • 1,874Posts
    • 6,140Thanks
    MSE Archna
    Solarplicity: Add your feedback
    • 28th Jan 13, 5:58 PM
    Solarplicity: Add your feedback 28th Jan 13 at 5:58 PM
    This is a feedback thread on energy supplier

Solarplicity (previously LOCO2 Energy)

Please share your experience with other MoneySavers. Click reply to take part
    • Did your switch go smoothly?
    • Have you had problems since?
    • Is it easy to contact?
    The feedback comes as part of the

Click reply below to discuss. If you havenít already, join the forum to reply.
    Last edited by MSE Andrea; 26-07-2017 at 12:19 PM.
    Report inappropriate posts: forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com

Page 12
    • Jakubk
    • By Jakubk 7th Dec 18, 12:06 PM
    • 28 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    Jakubk
    I have followed their formal complaints procedure and written to their CEO, I have read receipts but got nothing despite continuing to complain for 3 months. It was only when I CC'ed OFGEM ConsumerAffairs@ofgem.gov.uk that they finally responded but the person replying clearly had no clue and did not deal with the issues.

This company is simply not fit for purpose.

I did manage to get put through to someone at OFGEM and they said they are looking into Solarplicity after a lot of complaints, they encouraged me to put my complaint on Trustpilot as it seems that TrustPilot verify that you are are a customer, so they know they are genuine.

Personally I have seen so many negative reviews on Trustpilot I wonder how anyone puts up with this company

I thought your balance was able to be to transferred to your new supplier or is that only when they go bust.

Solarplicity has already had one of it's companies with winding up proceeding brought against it by HMRC so one wonders about them.

I have never dealt with a company that is so consistently poor at customer service, in fact I do not think they understand the concept. I think OFGEM should stop them taking on new customers until they can show they are resolving problems and have turned around their situation.

Employing a great South African call centre but not giving them the ability to even enter my readings after the portal has refused to take them 4 times is clearly insufficient. It is a massive waste of money to use them as a glorfied message taking service, the whole idea is to get them to deal with processes that solve customer problems, not just change the route of complaint from email, phone to call centre.

Here is their complaints procedure which is useless and unresponsive, just another way to kick it into long grass; I find their ombudsman useless too (no teeth) I am taking them to Court.

https://solarplicity.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/08/Complaints-Handling-Procedure_AW.pdf

Good Luck
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,901Posts Today

7,579Users online

Martin's Twitter