PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! In order to help keep the Forum a useful, safe and friendly place for our users, discussions around non-MoneySaving matters are not permitted per the Forum rules. While we understand that mentioning house prices may sometimes be relevant to a user's specific MoneySaving situation, we ask that you please avoid veering into broad, general debates about the market, the economy and politics, as these can unfortunately lead to abusive or hateful behaviour. Threads that are found to have derailed into wider discussions may be removed. Users who repeatedly disregard this may have their Forum account banned. Please also avoid posting personally identifiable information, including links to your own online property listing which may reveal your address. Thank you for your understanding.

BT pole on my property

Options

Comments

• glasgowdan
    glasgowdan Posts: 2,967 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Got a photo? If it's touching your house that's another matter altogether.
  • Browntoa
    Browntoa Posts: 49,302 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Flying wires I understand is where the pole is not on my land, however the pole is on my land, which is marked as dangerous and its fallen down to some degree which now touches my roof.

They still need a wayleave to be able to service the pole which is on my land.

they can use statutory powers to access your land if need be , they don't always need a wayleave

the pole being unsafe is a separate issue , they should deal with that but can again use their powers to do so . You can report the unsafe pole via the openreach site
    Ex forum ambassador

Long term forum member
  • Davidcaldaralo
    Options
    I do have photos but I can't post them as I'm a new user.

I have paid £200 for BT to come out and look at it, this is how much they said they wanted for a survey to view the damn thing. They said it will cost £10k to move it.

They don't seem to care that it's touching my roof and makes loads of noise when it's windy. It's attached to an old western power pole which is marked as dangerous as its rotten, western power erected a new one but couldn't chop down the old one because Openreach equipment has been left on it. This must have been some time ago.
  • Kateb82
    Kateb82 Posts: 6 Forumite
    Options
    I know this is really old now but having exactly the same issue, just wondering if you have the email address you sent the email to, the one where you say you will remove the pole and Bill them.
    Thanks so much, you've given me a light at the end of the tunnel!!
  • Browntoa
    Options
    you will not get it moved unless you pay for it , read my posts a few back up
    Ex forum ambassador

Long term forum member
  • Kateb82
    Options
    The original poster seems to have had it done for free and someone else on this thread too
  • Did you contact Department Of Housing and Urban Development? If they have any policy regarding this they may help.
  • Kateb82
    Options
    No, I have never heard of them, will look into it now, many thanks
  • Browntoa
    Options
    Kateb82 wrote: »
    The original poster seems to have had it done for free and someone else on this thread too

only if its possible to move it easily , they are going to spend ,for example , £20,000 moving poles
    Ex forum ambassador

Long term forum member
  • LannieDuck
    LannieDuck Posts: 2,359 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Ninnut85 wrote: »
    Ok, I have received the following from BT:

"Counter-Notice pursuant to paragraph 21) of the electronic communications code (Telecommunications act 1984 schedule 2 as amended by schedule 3 to the communications act 2003): Notice of refusal to carry out alterations to electronic communications apparatus.

British Telecommunications plc:

1) Hereby acknowledges recipt of your undated notice received on the 29th August pursuant to paragraph 20 and 21 of the electronic communications code requiring it to alter certain electronic communications apparatus upon the property.

2) Hereby gives you as freeholder of the land upon which the property stands notice that British Telecommunications plc is not willing to comply with your request to carry out the requested works.

Your attentions is drawn to the explanatory notes as to the effect of paragrapy 20 and 21 of the electronic communications code, as set out below.

Dated 22nd May 2013

Jill Golding BLP1PC

For and on behalf of

British Telecommuncations plc
    Registered Office 81 Newgate Street London EC1A 7AJ
    Registered in England no. 18000002
    "

Can anyone advise of what my next step should be? Clearly they are refusing to move the pole or even provide any way leave payments.
    It seems ridiculous just because they are a big company they can just go around putting things where they like and get away with it. :mad:

What do "the explanatory notes as to the effect of paragraph 20 and 21 of the electronic communications code" say?
    Mortgage when started: £330,995

“Two possibilities exist: either we are alone in the Universe or we are not. Both are equally terrifying.”
    Arthur C. Clarke
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport