Giving up/ Cutting Down Alcohol Thread Part 16

Options

Comments

• rosy10
    rosy10 Posts: 154 Forumite
    First Post
    Options
    Hello manpants; I hope you have managed to find some space to recover a little; I'm sending my very best wishes to you.

I'm travelling tomorrow so won't be able to post and I'll call early for the rest of the month now; 25/28, please Shaggy. Missed target, but I'm happy with setting it high and aiming for it. Have a lovely evening, everyone.
  • AnnieG
    AnnieG Posts: 877 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    edited 31 May 2019 at 2:53AM
    Options
    Hello from Vietnam!!
    I made it here and have started my new job, which is going really well so far. I've found a house that's perfect for the dog, park at the end of the road and plenty of places to walk so we're both very happy at the moment.

April and May were really quite boozy indeed, so I'm looking to get it back under control in June so setting a target of 18.

I haven't read back over the thread but hope everyone is well.
    Say what you mean.. mean what you say... without being mean.
  • maggiem
    maggiem Posts: 1,646 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    17/18 for yesterday please. I’m hoping for an AFD today but not certain yet. Lots going on here.

Very sorry to read your update Manpants - makes it harder when relationships and work intertwined partly because there is no break from a situation. You have been with your partner for a long time though so there is a lot to lose from walking away. It may be what you end up doing but possibly worth exploring potential alternatives. Good luck with whatever you decide.

Annie G lovely to hear from you - glad to know new job and dog both good. I’ve had a rather boozy end of the month so need to get back to more AFDs soon.

Shaggy please can I have a target of 18 AFDs for June? Many thanks
  • cathybird
    cathybird Posts: 13,324 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    Morning all, 27/21 for me today thanks. :)

AnnieG, good to hear you and the dog arrived safely and have settled in :)
    In April I am taking a break from buying: Books
  • sukeyboo
    sukeyboo Posts: 2,057 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Sorry to hear of your relationship difficulties Manpants - it must be very hard living and working together - not sure I would be able to do that. As others have suggested, maybe a short break from each other will give you the space you need to think things over.

Lovely to hear from you Annie - sounds like you are settling in really well :T

Yesterday was AF so that takes me to 15/12 please Shaggy and that is my total for the month too Cathybird as I will be drinking tonight.

Have a great weekend everyone :T :T :T
  • maman
    maman Posts: 28,589 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    :wave: manpants. Nothing to add to what others have said but sending you a big hug and if it helps to offload on here then go ahead. :A

Good to see you back posting too Annie. :)

No more AF days to add to May but I'm pleased I got in a fair few bonus days to help offset the extra drinking on my holiday next month. One thing I do know is that although I'll enjoy my drinking on holiday I won't go silly and know where my stop button is. All thanks to this thread. :)
  • MrsPorridge
    MrsPorridge Posts: 2,908 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Just like to thank all who have posted on this thread - has really helped me (even though I haven't posted before). Didn't think I really had a problem till I realized that I was going to the pub more times in the week than not - "only" have two small bottles of prosecco at a time, but of course that adds up to half a bottle and at least 5/6 of those a week. Was waking up feeling rubbish - then I found this site and it gave me a bit of a jolt - was a wake up call.

Now, (and because I need to save money - and quite frankly am feeling great in the mornings and sleeping much better) I am going to the pub once a week.
    Debt free and Keeping on Track
  • shaggydoo
    shaggydoo Posts: 8,406 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Sorry I haven't been around. We had the deorators in. AND we've finally finished all the decorating for what should be at least 3 years.:j
    What do we do when we fall? We get up, dust ourselves off and start walking in the right direction again. Perhaps when we fall, it is easy to forget there are people along the way who help us stand and walk with us as we get back on track.
  • Arkers
    Arkers Posts: 1,535 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Good afternoon everyone,

Hello again Manpants, welcome back I echo everyone else's thoughts and I hope things turn a corner and a new chapter begins.

Final tally for June 17 please Shaggy.

Away all next week, so will not be posting.

Enjoy the sunshine if you are lucky enough!!

Arkers x
  • shaggydoo
    shaggydoo Posts: 8,406 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    ManPants wrote: »
    Anyway, tonight is my 4th AF night this month. Thanks for reading.

Well done on that! Given everything you are going through it's a miracle.

If you were my son I would send you these words.

30605511_396795067464572_3831197925673795584_n.jpg?_nc_ht=scontent-sea1-1.cdninstagram.com
    What do we do when we fall? We get up, dust ourselves off and start walking in the right direction again. Perhaps when we fall, it is easy to forget there are people along the way who help us stand and walk with us as we get back on track.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure