IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Gladstones LBC received

Options

Comments

• Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,354 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    To whom does the LBC tell you to pay?

Does the reference number commence 1xxx, 3xxx, or 4xxx?
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • System
    System Posts: 178,094 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I prefer using estoppel with these. See the BPA Code of Practice
    18.11 Where there is any change in the terms and conditions that materially affects the motorist then you should make these clear on your signage. Where such changes impose liability
    where none previously existed then you should consider a grace period to allow regular visitors to the site to adjust and familiarise themselves with the changes.

The issue is clarity of signs. It may be the signs were there and you failed to spot them, realising your mistake when the first ticket arrived. Or in the alternative, Horizon were new on site and failed (under the code) to make the restrictions apparent.

Go for both arguments.
  • cornel1311
    cornel1311 Posts: 39 Forumite
    Options
    Hello guys, I am back.

Today I have received my claim form. I have 14 days to respond with an acknowledgment form and 28 days to send my defense. What now?

I must admit I was not expecting them to make a claim. I am in over my head here. Thanks in advance.
  • Quentin
    Quentin Posts: 40,405 Forumite
    Options
    All covered in the Newbies faq thread (#2)

Take your time to understand the process and how you deal with each step

First job is the AOS - a step by step guide takes you through it in that post in the FAQ
  • Snakes_Belly
    Snakes_Belly Posts: 3,696 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post Name Dropper
    edited 8 August 2018 at 6:15PM
    Options
    When you think about what the average regular shopper spends at a supermarket per month it could easily mount up to £500 per month with petrol etc. Over a year that's £6000.00 and over ten years £60,000. I have used this example on occasions when I have had cause to complain.

Nolite te bast--des carborundorum.
  • System
    System Posts: 178,094 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I had no idea about PCNs or anything related to them. I used to eat and do some of my university work in the Sainsbury's cafe. Also, they are all from the same week. Obviously, when I received the first PCN I stopped eating or going to the shop at all.

As Quentin says plus the issue of estoppel.

Start sending Subject Access Requests for the pics. Also ask for a copy of the agreement between them and the landowners, copies of the site layout and when the signs were placed (important) and copies of the actual signs. Make sure you have proof you asked as you'll be going for a strike out at the DQ stage.
  • KeithP
    KeithP Posts: 37,650 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    cornel1311 wrote: »
    Today I have received my claim form. I have 14 days to respond with an acknowledgment form and 28 days to send my defense. What now?

As you say, the first thing you need to do is the Acknowledgement of Service.

Exactly how to do that is described in a pictorial dropbox file linked from post #2 of the NEWBIES FAQ sticky thread.

What is the Date of Issue on your Claim Form?
  • cornel1311
    Options
    KeithP wrote: »
    As you say, the first thing you need to do is the Acknowledgement of Service.

Exactly how to do that is described in a pictorial dropbox file linked from post #2 of the NEWBIES FAQ sticky thread.

What is the Date of Issue on your Claim Form?

The date of issue is 6th of August. I am starting to read the newbie post, I hope I will understand the necessary steps. Thank you
  • KeithP
    KeithP Posts: 37,650 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    With an Issue Date of 6th August you have until Monday 27th August 2018 to do the Acknowledgement of Service.

But there is nothing to be gained by waiting.
  • cornel1311
    edited 21 August 2018 at 12:03PM
    Options
    KeithP wrote: »
    With an Issue Date of 6th August you have until Monday 27th August 2018 to do the Acknowledgement of Service.

But there is nothing to be gained by waiting.

Hi again, I have submitted the AOS today. As far as I am aware, I have another 14 days from the 27th of August to write my defense, is that right?

Also, in regards to the defense, which example should I follow? I have not replied to any of their correspondence before the claim.

Thanks in advance!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport