IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Gladstones LBC received

Options
cornel1311
cornel1311 Posts: 39 Forumite
edited 29 August 2018 at 6:06PM in Parking tickets, fines & parking
Hello everyone,

I have received a LBC today for 4 PCNs from January 2017 asking for 130 pounds each (from 70 initially). I have received some debt collector letters until June last year, after which they stopped. I did ignore all of them though. I know you advise not to ignore, but I can't change that now. I have read the newbie post although I'm not sure on how to proceed, as some of the letters templates state that 'I have requested evidence/I have tried etc.' I am not willing to pay 520 pounds to these abusive scammers, or at least not without me fighting it. I have no idea what to do or how to write a defense but I am willing to dedicate my time to do it. I just need your guidance on what the steps are.

Edit: if it helps, I have pictures of how only parts of the parking have signages stating they charge you 70 pounds. (from the location where my vehicle was parked, they cannot be possibly be seen)

Comments

• System
    System Posts: 178,097 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Which abusive scammer was it?
  • cornel1311
    Options
    Horizon Parking Limited, I have also received debt-recovery letters from Zenith/Debt Recovery Plus (I still have all letters)
  • beamerguy
    beamerguy Posts: 17,587 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    cornel1311 wrote: »
    Horizon Parking Limited, I have also received debt-recovery letters from Zenith/Debt Recovery Plus (I still have all letters)

You are being asked for £130 per ticket because that is
    the fake addon from junked out debt collectors

In reality each ticket still has a face value of £70

Do read this to help you understand debt collector scammers

Debt Collectors (DRP & ZZPS) What they don't want you to know

https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?p=74453393#post74453393

Same applies for Zenith who are only debt crawlers
  • System
    System Posts: 178,097 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Go to the Newbies link to see what it says about LBC and how to deal with them.

Horizon are not big on doing court but multiples get them excited especially if they think they are dealing with an abusive parker.

What is the background to 4 tickets and are there any more than 4. Sometimes they have a punt with some and have others in the pipleline.
  • cornel1311
    edited 29 August 2018 at 6:08PM
    Options
    They all happened in the Sainsbury's parking lot, in a particular zone. Before these letters, I had no idea about PCNs or anything related to them. The driver used to eat and do some university work in the Sainsbury's cafe. Also, they are all from the same week. Obviously, after the first PCN the driver stopped eating or going to the shop at all. In the following days, I have received the remaining 3. Hence, there are only 4 of them.
  • beamerguy
    Options
    They all happened in the Sainsbury's parking lot, in a particular zone. Before these letters, I had no idea about PCNs or anything related to them. I used to eat and do some of my university work in the Sainsbury's cafe. Also, they are all from the same week. Obviously, when I received the first PCN I stopped eating or going to the shop at all. In the following days, I have received the remaining 3. Hence, there are only 4 of them.

Why don't you contact the CEO of Sainsbury's and tell
    him your story, especially not going back to the store

This is the man who was singing "we're in the money" after
    the retailer said they are getting together with Asda

You need to know why he would expect you and others
    to be exposed to money scammers

Give your reg no and request he cancels all tickets
  • cornel1311
    edited 26 June 2018 at 12:43PM
    Options
    beamerguy wrote: »
    Why don't you contact the CEO of Sainsbury's and tell
    him your story, especially not going back to the store

This is the man who was singing "we're in the money" after
    the retailer said they are getting together with Asda

You need to know why he would expect you and others
    to be exposed to money scammers

Give your reg no and request he cancels all tickets

Is this viable if I don't have the receipts? Also, you mean the manager of the store I was going to or the general CEO?:o

Edit: I did find the e-mail of the CEO, I will try to explain to him what happened.
  • beamerguy
    Options
    Is this viable if I don't have the receipts? Also, you mean the manager of the store I was going to or the general CEO?:o

Edit: I did find the e-mail of the CEO, I will try to explain to him what happened.

Sorry forgot to add ...

Sainsbury's

Mr Mike Coupe Chief Executive

Email mike.coupe@sainsburys.co.uk

Store managers are useless so go to the top
  • cornel1311
    Options
    beamerguy wrote: »
    Sorry forgot to add ...

Sainsbury's

Mr Mike Coupe Chief Executive

Email mike.coupe@sainsburys.co.uk

Store managers are useless so go to the top

I sent him an e-mail explaining the situation. Let's hope he will be willing to solve this issue.
  • beamerguy
    Options
    I sent him an e-mail explaining the situation. Let's hope he will be willing to solve this issue.

https://www.theguardian.com/business/video/2018/apr/30/were-in-the-money-sainsburys-ceo-caught-singing-before-asda-merger-interview-video
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure