Frump to Fab 2018 - Fabulous Dahhhhlings

Options

Comments

• chanie
    chanie Posts: 3,317 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Hi Skye,

Pleased you are feeling better. Everyone around me seems to be coming down with the flu, but hopefully, as spring is upon us, the sun will be out soon and the bugs banished for a few months!!!
  • Butterfliesarepretty
    Options
    Skye17 wrote: »
    Hello Ladies,

Just been catching up with all your posts, I have not switched my laptop on in what seems like ages as I have the dreaded flu and not had the energy or motivation to do anything. Feeling much better now so mission fab is back on. :)

Hi Skye17 I think everyone has had this, mine was three weeks ago and I coughed up some blood, today had a routine x ray, pretty sure it was just a burst blood vessel.

So I had an interview yesterday at pendle mill, but it was rubbish really, lasted 15 minutes, they are not sure whether they want part time and dont even know what they will be paying!

Got another interview for part time accounts and purchase ledger at a firm just off the m65 on friday morning. 20 hours sounds brilliant £9.00 an hour mon wed friday. Looking forward to it. After the xray went to h and m and bought a new blouse and black skirt to wear for the interview and Ill put my black smart jacket over it.

I could also do with a complete new makeover (makeupwise) but not sure where to start. Have tried watching those tutorials but with my blue eyes wiry brows and fairish skin with colourless raised moles I find it difficult to achieve the flawless look.

Once I get a job I can then treat myself to my long hair being highlighted back to warm golden blonde tones to stop fightiing the grey hairs. did the dry january and glad I did it as I now only have a wine once a weekend. Feel better for it.
    Mortgage Free 2016Work Part Time:DHouse Hunting In France 2023
  • chanie
    chanie Posts: 3,317 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    butterflies good luck with your next interview. It!!!8217;s a shame about the Pendle Mill interview. I always think it!!!8217;s bad form for an employer to treat perspective employees badly. Interviews are a two way street and they should remember that it!!!8217;s also the opportunity for employer to impress the potential employee.

In terms of make up, try one of the beauty counters and see what they suggest. Maybe you are being a bit harsh on yourself when it comes to make up. Personally, I don!!!8217;t like the flawless look, as it sometimes doesn!!!8217;t look natural. Try going to a beauty counter as they could suggest something that could work with your skin, not against it.
  • sugarbaby125
    Options
    Hi Ladies,

Welcome back Skye 17

Butterflies
    I wish you luck with your next interview. I hope you get the job.

Can I just point out what the Doctors in my surgery have always said with regards to coughing up blood. If the blood is red, it usually means that the coughing has caused a little tear that will heal itself. If the blood is rusty colour or a dark red, it is blood that has begun to congeal before being expelled and will need further investigation.

As I have had chest infections in the past, I usually find if I get a severe cold or the flu, that I will end up coughing up blood, but it does not cause me undue worry.

I went to the local independent cinema in Peckham yesterday to watch Darkest Hour and I found it really compelling. Gary Oldman was a tour de force as Winston Churchill. I would give this film a 9/10.

Today I went to my local Odeon in Streatham to watch Battle of the Sexes, which was a far more entertaining film than I was expecting. As it is about real life events, it was also educational and highlighted the battle that the top women's tennis players had to fight to get equality. I would give this film a 9.5/10
  • Floss
    Floss Posts: 8,247 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    Butterflies why not go to your nearest Bare Minerals counter for a trial? Xx
    2021 Decluttering Awards: ⭐⭐🥇🥇🥇🥇🥇🥇 2022 Decluttering Awards: 🥇
    2023 Decluttering Awards: 🥇 🏅🏅🥇
    2024 Decluttering Awards: 🥇
  • sugarbaby125
    sugarbaby125 Posts: 3,335 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Hello Ladies,

I am not feeling at my best, I think I have over stretched myself over the last couple of weeks. I am slowing down and taking it really easy for the rest of this week and next week, as I have a weekend in Birminghan planned from next Friday. :D

3 of my sisters and I will be getting together for a weekend of fun and gossip. :j We rarely manage it, so I am really looking forward to it. The only shame is that my other sister will not be there, but the 4 of us getting together is better than none of us coming together :cool:
  • Butterfliesarepretty
    Options
    Floss wrote: »
    Butterflies why not go to your nearest Bare Minerals counter for a trial? Xx
    Hi thanks,

I already have bare minerals powders. But I have bought some NYK neutrals palette today £16 but nice colours.
    Mortgage Free 2016Work Part Time:DHouse Hunting In France 2023
  • Floss
    Floss Posts: 8,247 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    Hi thanks,

I already have bare minerals powders. But I have bought some NYK neutrals palette today £16 but nice colours.

They do a couple of light foundations that give good coverage withoit being too makeupy if you know what i mean ;)
    2021 Decluttering Awards: ⭐⭐🥇🥇🥇🥇🥇🥇 2022 Decluttering Awards: 🥇
    2023 Decluttering Awards: 🥇 🏅🏅🥇
    2024 Decluttering Awards: 🥇
  • sukeyboo
    sukeyboo Posts: 2,057 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Morning all :hello:

Happy Fab Friday :)

Floss - I keep looking at the Bare Minerals range as the salon I go to for my facials carries this range - as I am now a regular customer I might see if they have any samples I can try out ;). Really enjoyed my facial earlier in the week - it is so relaxing and I left there feeling completely de-stressed :D

sugarbaby - hope you feel better soon.

Butterflies - how did your interview go - it was today wasn't it?

misstara & maman - I am a stripey top fanatic too - mainly for the Spring/Summer as well - I think I have 5 or 6, mainly navy blue/white & black/white but in different stripe widths :p

Welcome back skye17 - glad to hear you are finally recovering from the flu - there has been so much of it around but I have been lucky so far (touch-wood!) and haven't even had a cold this winter. I must say I am very lucky with my health and I haven't had a day off sick from work in over 15 years :eek:

Speaking of health - I had some blood tests done to at the GP so that they can confirm there is no other underlying cause for my menopausal 'symptoms' - the results should come back next week.

Have a great weekend everyone :j:j:j
  • maman
    maman Posts: 28,589 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Hope this morning's interview goes well butterfly.:)

Hope the poorlies are soon feeling better.:)

Just caught up with the posts as I've had a busy few days. Lots of it was fabbing related though. I seem to have spent an awful lot on make up. I regularly go to the Benefit counter to see which products I might use. They're more than happy to demonstrate. This week they were launching a new mascara so I arranged to go along.

I decided to buy a number of the things I've been promising myself: eyebrow powder, eyebrow brush, highlighter brow pencil and mascara. I've been using the Rimmel kit for months to get me used to doing my eyebrows. It's only about a fiver and very good for the price.

I haven't bought mascara since last June when I got them on offer at Gatwick and I still have a new pack unopened.

On the same trip I bought some of my favourite Clarins serum, again on offer and I'm just getting to the end of the second bottle. This time of the year (for Mothers' Day), Clarins often have gift packs which have travel size packs in with them. They had the serum with a the products for the same price as the original. They also had my favourite Eau Dynamissante with a 'free' handbag size spray.

All my beauty purchases were from Boots and they had brilliant offers on their Vantage card. I had £20 bonus points yesterday for buying the Clarins along with the points for the actual purchase.

I've also bought myself a new dress and a jumper this week. Both sale buys so not too expensive.

Glad you enjoyed the Darkest Hour sugaraby. Although not regular cinemagoers we've seen 3 films lately including that. yesterday we went to see Journeys End about WW1. It was brilliantly done and really brought out the futility of it all. It made me think that this week isn't just about the centenary of votes for (some) women but for the working man too. To think that hundreds and thousands went to war without even a vote.

Definitely doing Fab Friday here. We're off to the theatre. I'm thinking I might wear my purple velvet coat but with a stripey, wool scarf to dress it down a bit. Not sure whether I'll wear black jeans underneath or a dress with long boots. It'll depend how cold it is!

Sorry this has been all about my fabbing purchases. have a good weekend all!:)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure