Barclaycard AP removal [successful]

Options

Comments

• happy_bunny_2
    happy_bunny_2 Posts: 4,488 Forumite
    Options
    greybear40 wrote: »
    I have gotten nowhere with Studio. In fact they haven't even replied this time. Could it be because I put the account back on normal terms in Jan it now can't be amended? I just thought that normal payment markers would look better than arr ones. The accounts were on an arrangement for 6+ years until then though. Not sure what to do next??

If they haven't given you a final response after 8 weeks, send your complaint to the FOS:

http://www.financial-ombudsman.org.uk/consumer/complaints.htm
    :beer:
  • greybear40
    greybear40 Posts: 111 Forumite
    Options
    They did reply to my first letter stating that the arr markers were a true reflection of my payments so I sent a better letter which I found on here in case my first letter was not clear enough and this was only 3 weeks ago so I suppose I should give it another 5 weeks and see if I get another reply. Thank you for the advice
  • happy_bunny_2
    Options
    Did they say its their final response?

It sounds like it. I would go to the FOS now as it can be a slow process
  • greybear40
    Options
    It doesn't say it's their final response it just says "Your account hasn't defaulted with Studio Cards. The account is still open and has never been passed to an external debt collector. Due to this it will show as an outstanding account on your credit file. If we can be of any further assistance in this matter do not hesitate to contact us." Do you think I'll get another reply from them or should just go straight to the FOS?
  • happy_bunny_2
    Options
    greybear40 wrote: »
    It doesn't say it's their final response it just says "Your account hasn't defaulted with Studio Cards. The account is still open and has never been passed to an external debt collector. Due to this it will show as an outstanding account on your credit file. If we can be of any further assistance in this matter do not hesitate to contact us." Do you think I'll get another reply from them or should just go straight to the FOS?

Sounds like they answered a question rather than treating it as a complaint.

Maybe send a letter asking if that is a final response to your complaint and see what they say. State if it is you will be referring to the FOS.
  • greybear40
    Options
    Ok thank you. Will do. Not giving up yet! Got nothing to lose! :o
  • dumpyboy
    dumpyboy Posts: 379 Forumite
    Options
    Well, got my reply today told me they report a true reflection of my account showing it been on an arrangement for the last 8 years but as a gesture of goodwill will except a one off 80 percent of the the remaining balance and mark it as settled I phoned them said would it show closed and paid in full was told it would show partley settled told them I have only five payment left to pay in full then she told me I have a few more after that for interest may be up to 3 to 6 months worth so a settlement offer would be best as the account would be closed early so it looks like I see fos say may be it will be sorted by September
  • dini_2
    dini_2 Posts: 193 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I have been on a DMP since june 2007. Still have 2 yrs to go.
    Most of my creditors have dropped off my credit file.
    I have a marker from Moorgate (Ex MBNA) showng AR from April 2008 but no default, shows as DM from Sept 2011
    Capital One did not default until April 2009, but shows AR from March 2008
    Next is showing an arrangement to pay from Apr 2008 but didn't default until April 2009
    These were all on a DM from June 2007.

2 Questions:
    Anyone know whether I should write to MBNA or Moorgate to request changing the AR to Default based on ICO guidance
    and
    Do you think there is any point (or any likelihood of success) in writing to the others to see if I can get the Default date adjusted?
    Light Bulb Moment: Feb 2007
    Debt: £65560 ~~~~~~ Debt Free day 24th March 2016:T
  • dumpyboy
    dumpyboy Posts: 379 Forumite
    Options
    I did not have no luck with mbna or taken them to ico now with fos as a unfair agreement as running 12 years with a r red makers then a further 6 but have not heard back from them thought I have more luck with barclaycard as people have succeeded on here but no luck I got I default latter then the rest fully paid try getting that changed ico wrote back said they can not interfere with company policy but asked them to change it as a gesture of good will citi refused even thou it was 14 months from the rest will drop of in June
  • happy_bunny_2
    Options
    dini wrote: »
    I have been on a DMP since june 2007. Still have 2 yrs to go.
    Most of my creditors have dropped off my credit file.
    I have a marker from Moorgate (Ex MBNA) showng AR from April 2008 but no default, shows as DM from Sept 2011
    Capital One did not default until April 2009, but shows AR from March 2008
    Next is showing an arrangement to pay from Apr 2008 but didn't default until April 2009
    These were all on a DM from June 2007.

2 Questions:
    Anyone know whether I should write to MBNA or Moorgate to request changing the AR to Default based on ICO guidance
    and
    Do you think there is any point (or any likelihood of success) in writing to the others to see if I can get the Default date adjusted?

Moorgate if they are the owner/writing to you. They will need to go to MBNA, not your job.

Don't ask, don't get. You can always let the FOS judge if they reject you.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport