Feedback on Utility Point

Options

Comments

• bxboards
    bxboards Posts: 1,711 Forumite
    Options
    Stompa wrote: »
    Well my switch has now completed, and it all went very smoothly. My only complaint is that, since initiating the switch to a fixed tariff around 3 weeks ago, they've dropped their prices by around 2%.

That happened to me but when I joined early on it was the Just UP 18 month fix, I reckon it's better to get the longer lock-in.

I've had no problems with them at all, I moved to them very early before they were on comparison sites as they were cheapest by miles for me.
  • Stompa
    Stompa Posts: 8,348 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Hmmm, yesterday (which was supposed to be my switch date) UP sent me an email saying "Today marks the beginning of us supplying you with energy", which I assumed meant the switch was complete. However, after speaking to my previous supplier, it appears that whilst gas did switch on Jul 1, electricity would not be doing so until Jul 11.

Now I don't have a huge problem with this, but I'm inclined to think that UP really should have made this clear in their email.
    Stompa
  • cherrysftw
    cherrysftw Posts: 17 Forumite
    edited 10 July 2018 at 1:46PM
    Options
    Hey folks, I'm looking to switch to UP, these are what I'm getting:

Electricity: 12.7806p per kWh / 11.02p per day

Gas: 3.1941p per kWh / 11.02p per day

I've been searching for days now, and I think this is the best I've got. Does this seem half decent for a west london 3 bedroom? I know they vary by area/property type.

Thanks.
  • poppellerant
    poppellerant Posts: 1,936 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    cherrysftw wrote: »
    Hey folks, I'm looking to switch to UP, these are what I'm getting:

Electricity: 12.7806p per kWh / 11.02p per day

Gas: 3.1941p per kWh / 11.02p per day

I've been searching for days now, and I think this is the best I've got. Does this seem half decent for a west london 3 bedroom? I know they vary by area/property type.

Thanks.
    Do you know your annual usage? Or have any meter readings which are roughly a year apart?
  • cherrysftw
    cherrysftw Posts: 17 Forumite
    Options
    I dont have accurate readings unfortunately since my parents weren't giving readings at all (shocking). I would imagine its somewhere near the average of 3000 kwh electricity and a bit higher on gas at about 18-19K kwh.

I thought the unit/standing rates were pretty good for a fixed tariff, dont you think? Quite cheaper than anything on the comparison.
  • hollie.weimeraner
    Options
    I moved to UP in May and the switch from EON has gone really well. EON refunded my credit balance within 5 weeks and I have just received my first request from UP for a meter reading. They weren't the cheapest but the only ones cheaper have been slated for CS.:)
  • groovygraham
    groovygraham Posts: 10 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 11 July 2018 at 11:49PM
    Options
    Hi,
    Just signed up to UP today as my gas deal with SSE had gone from £269 a year to £404! Quoted off UP £279 so happy with that being a VERY careful user on a low income.
    I did read of others not being able to complete at the DD and Sign Up stage. I had the same issue until I turned off my Ad Blocker then all went through fine :)
    I used the referral code from another page on the forum. Hopefully benefit from that :)
  • NoNoDrama
    NoNoDrama Posts: 237 Forumite
    Options
    Grrr signed up but they are very eager to take a DD payment...on your start date in the middle of the month? (14th in my case) this isn't the normal as the big 6 usually take on the 1st of the month or whatever after your start date. May cancel DD and see what they do? Would just ask they change the date but no doubt it will end up being a pain in the backside.
  • PennineAcute
    PennineAcute Posts: 1,161 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    edited 31 July 2018 at 9:24PM
    Options
    My DD date has always been the date I started, as like most of the smaller companies, they take in advance and not arrears.

Unless I am missing something, I fail to see how the date they take your DD is a really major issue.

Now one thing that has happened that has annoyed me is this. I decided to open another bank account to be used as my bill paying account. When I contacted them to notify them of the new account details, they told me that they had to send out a form and I had to complete and return. When I queried this, they said that this procedure laid down by whoever processes the DD for them.
  • NoNoDrama
    NoNoDrama Posts: 237 Forumite
    Options
    Well it means I get 2 payments in 1 month to pay (old provider and new provider) also who wants a DD in the middle of the month nowadays?
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback