And so it begins: The Pig Vs The Mortgage

Options

Comments

• wishingthemortgaheaway
    Options
    pinkypig wrote: »
    Thanks Wish. Hope your first day was OK xx

Thanks Pinky, it was good. But I was shattered and in bed very early. But now, thanks to a middle of the night Pickle wake up, he's gone back to sleep and I'm still awake.

Good haul in the supermarket!
    Outstanding mortgage: £23,181 (December 19)
    MFW 2020 Challenge Member #10 0/£2318
  • museumworker
    museumworker Posts: 2,240 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Wow, great haul on the ys front! I’ve been staying out the shops to try and avoid overspending but it does mean you can miss out on the bargains. What time of day did you visit?
    Mortgage [STRIKE]16/03/2011: £190K 01/01/2017: £107,729.65 [/STRIKE] 01/07/2017: £95,979.89
    OPs 2011-2016 = £45K 2017 OPs = £9250.20
  • pinkypig
    pinkypig Posts: 1,814 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Thanks Pinky, it was good. But I was shattered and in bed very early. But now, thanks to a middle of the night Pickle wake up, he's gone back to sleep and I'm still awake.

Good haul in the supermarket!

So glad you had a good first day:T. Hope you got back to sleep, you must've been shattered xx
    Original mortgage £112,000 . Final payment due August 2027.
    Mortgage neutral achieved August 2020 - 7 years early!!!
  • pinkypig
    Options
    Wow, great haul on the ys front! I’ve been staying out the shops to try and avoid overspending but it does mean you can miss out on the bargains. What time of day did you visit?

Best I've ever had :j. It was in Morrisons at around 7.30. Only went to get the Shopium cheesecakes (which were so yummy I'm off to get the lemon ones before the offer closes tomorrow:)).

Sorry to hear you've been poorly MW, hope you're feeling better xx
  • pinkypig
    Options
    I do love my job but its still always good when Friday comes around:D. There's been a few work extras this week which meant some early starts and late finishes. Next week is also busier than usual but its back to normal after that. Its been a good work week with lots achieved (although still lots to do) but I'm looking forward to a couple of days at home.

Yesterday was very spendy:( I renewed the car insurance having shopped around and my renewal was the most competitive even taking into account cash back so in the end it was very easy but was still £174. There was another £66 for breakdown cover but this included home start and national recovery/onward travel so I was pleased with that as its good value compared to others. I also needed petrol so that was another £32 and then there was the weekly food shop which was £20.75. Was glad to finally put away my purse:eek:
    My spending diary is up to date and the budgets are looking OK. Meal planning from stores and the freezer has saved a lot of grocery spends and my personal spends have been just over £7. I've got two spendy nights out coming up so I'm sure my personal spends will go over but I'll be sensible and I'm not going to feel guilty as I hardly ever go out eating and drinking. In fact,I'm looking forward to it :)

There's been no money news but there have been a few mfw successes;

Nsd today

Spin class done

Eaten out of the freezer for lunches and dinner. Tonight's was roast chicken using two cooked chicken breasts from the freezer. I sliced them and put them in an oven proof dish with gravy, made hm yorkies and roasties and used frozen peas and sweet corn plus a 10p cauli cheese from a previous ys haul :money: It took very little effort and was yummy. Think a cheats roast dinner may start to feature on the menu plan:)

Laundry up to date and dried on airers.

Heating on but only for half an hour in the morning and 11/2 hours at night. I've bought cheap fleeces to line the curtains as I've read on here that it really helps with insulation.

Daily clean done.

This weekend is going to start with coffee and a book in bed which I look forward to all week:) . The to do list for the rest of the weekend then includes;

Make choc crispie cakes for lunch boxes

Line curtains

Change beds

Rake up leaves

Dig over another section of garden

Wrap some Christmas presents

Filing

Take cables back (wrong size:mad:)

Pay ds's cash into the bank

Make pizza dough (bread maker is playing up so I'll give it one last chance:()

Get out for a run

Catch up with family and friends

Visit mum and dad

Catch up on the diaries

I've just notice its past my target bedtime :o. Best say night night

PP xx
  • pinkypig
    Options
    Yesterday trickled through my fingers without achieving very much off my to do list all:o. Too much time pondering big stuff and avoiding getting started. I can't let that happen again today. My weekends are precious and I must make them count!

I did manage to;

Get to the bank

Send an email I've been putting off

Returned cables for a refund. Only £1.98 but once upon a wasteful time I'd have just pushed them in a drawer:o

Stocked up on dried pulses at HB, only £1.70 spent once cables were deducted.

Bought all items for two school projects. £50 ish pounds spent but I will get it back plus I'll get £7 from tcb and 1% on my cb cc:D

Made soup from lo roast dinner, flat breads for the freezer although dd scoffed three before I got them in there.

Visited mum and dad.

Got 4 brilliant charity shop finds for £7. All treats not needs but got them anyway:D

I didn't however go near the garden or go running.

Today's plan

Watch ds play footie and help him finish a bit of hw

Get sausage casserole in sc for dinner. I've got family coming so I need a pudding so I think it will be treacle sponge and custard as I'm not going near a shop.

Make mustard mash and dauphenoise pots for dinner plus a couple of portions for the freezer. I've no cream so I'm going to use some lo garlic soft cheese and will hope for the best .

I must clear the leaves :o

Will run if I get chance but not going to beat myself up if I don't :)

Best get my a**e into gear!

Happy thrift Sunday.

PP xx
  • pinkypig
    Options
    A more productive day yesterday thank goodness, I get so cross with myself when I squander my free time procrastinating:mad:

I had a bit of a potter in the kitchen which I love. I made pancakes with ys berries from the freezer warmed up and blitzed into a sort of coulis for breakfast, ys sausage casserole and loads of sides for our extended family dinner and a Black Forest pudding otherwise known as microwave chocolate sponge with AF cherry jam that has been lurking in a cupboard for ages :).
    The leaves are cleared (until the next lot):j. It didn't take long and it looks so much better. I also now have a fighting chance of finding the dog's early morning 'gifts' which are a devil to find amongst autumn foliage :rotfl: Note to self - less grumbling more raking! Also watched a very cold game of footie so it was nice coming home to the woodburner and a sc dinner :). It was also a nsd:j

Today has been a good day. Work was nice and my marking is up to date. Feedback from parent's evening was positive which is always a relief and I got a reasonably ear!y finish. The kids are both good, busy with work, school and friends which is as it should be ( I do miss them when they're not around though,). I did have a £5.96 grocery spend as we'd run out of butter, milk and juice and ds needed a few Food tech ingredients but there were no other spends.

Other successes included;

Got out for a run to make up for doing b***er all at the weekend. I was going great guns but turned my ankle and did a very undignified near face p!ant but did correct myself at the last minute:o. I hobbled a few painful meters but it felt fine so I carried on. Its not hurting but I've got an ankle like a golf ball so I'm lying in my lovely warm bed with an icepack round my foot which is novel:rotfl:

Cheap eats ( porridge for breakfast, pumpkin soup from the freezer for lunch and hm Chinese chicken rice using some lo roast chicken from the freezer which did three of us with enough lo for lunch). We also ate up the left over puddings from yesterday so not terribly healthy.

A load of laundry is in ready to go on airers later

Daily clean done, rubbish taken out and recycling sorted out.

Off to catch up on some TV followed by an early night :)

PP xx
  • wishingthemortgaheaway
    Options
    Another busy day for you there PP.
    one of my jobs is to sweep the leaves up from the front of the house, but I just never seem to get to it before it gets dark.
  • pinkypig
    Options
    I'm having a very busy week! Productive and useful but I'm flagging a bit now so the weekend being in sight is very, very nice:D
    Work has been nuts, to the point where there's not been much room for anything else although I did have dinner with a coup!e of excollegues (who are also good friends :)) early in the week which was lovely . The kids are also busy with work/revision but they are on good form which makes me happy too!

There's no money news except because of some annual expenses and some work expenses (which I will get back) its tight :eek: I've got my remaining expenses covered but there's not much wriggle room and they'll be no surplus to os that's for sure. I'm hoping to make my target but there will have to be no unnecessary spends. I've also got pre Xmas weekend away with my best friends and a works dinner before pay day so I'll need to pack my willpower:rotfl:

Mfw successes over the last couple of days have been ;

No unnecessary spends, just £33 on petrol and £22.73 on the weekly food shop. Using up batch cooking from the freezer and ys items are saving a packet on groceries and I think I can continue to use up for another two weeks :j

Cheap healthy eats (breakfast is generally porridge and lunch is always lo. Dinners have come from the freezer and we've eaten up carbonara sauce, garlic bread, tuna steaks and tomato and Basil sauce).

Daily cleaning routine done

Laundry up to date and TD not used yet ( even got bedding line dried by choosing laundry days carefully :)).

Marking up to date and next week's planning done.

No classes done due to late nights but managed two decent runs.

Less successfully I found a bag of mouldy bread flour that had got pushed to the back of the carousel cupboard. Hate throwing things away :mad:

Not drinking enough water

Bedtime creeping towards 11pm which is to late when I'm up so early. Will be in bed by 10 tonight:o

Happy almost Friday :D

PP xx
  • wishingthemortgaheaway
    Options
    Happy Friday indeed

3am party time in the wish house... teething is the pits for all of us!
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure