And so it begins: The Pig Vs The Mortgage

Options

Comments

• pinkypig
    pinkypig Posts: 1,814 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Thank you all :A. I know the purpose of my diary is to keep me focused and accountable but its so nice to get some encouragement from the side lines :)
    Today has been a spendy day but they were necessary spends. I did the grocery shopping for £17.77 which included loads of ys fruit and salad. I also needed petrol but my super efficient little car only cost £27.14 to fill up:D

I've decided that my medium term goal is to get the mortgage below £95k by the end of January. This means a capital reduction of £1216 a month in addition to the £800 needed for my avc:eek:

My additional monthly goals are ;

Keep within £150 grocery budget even though its a five week month by using up what I've got and not buying anything which is surplus to the meal plan.

Put a couple of evening dresses I never wear on eBay

Drink 2 litres of water a day. Drinking 750 ml on the journey to and from work is really helping to develop good habits

Do two weights type classes a week and three sessions of cardio (run or spin).

Get to bed by 10.15

Keep up with daily cleaning routine

Wrap the remaining Xmas pressies

Finish digging over the garden.

Enough to be going on with I think:)

PP xx
    Original mortgage £112,000 . Final payment due August 2027.
    Mortgage neutral achieved August 2020 - 7 years early!!!
  • wishingthemortgaheaway
    Options
    Plenty to be getting on with, I'm tired reading it all as always.
    Outstanding mortgage: £23,181 (December 19)
    MFW 2020 Challenge Member #10 0/£2318
  • pinkypig
    Options
    I've eventually found my very neglected diary on page 4:o

The last few days have been busy but no more so than usual, the difference I think is me. I've had a few unsettling events, nothing major but cumulatively they've felt quite tough. In addition, my parents have had a set back and have needed extra help which all in all left me feeling tired and a bit flat and down in the dumps.
    The bad news is my lack of motivation means I've achieved b***er all but the good news is I've had 5 consecutive nsd:j

Successes over the last few days have included;

Getting out for a run and a walk. The weather was gorgeous, bright and frosty which can't fail to lift your mood. I was very tempted to pull the duvet over my head and have a mope but I'm so glad a didn't. It really pulled me round.

Healthy eating and plenty of water. Avoiding comfort eating crap was a massive achievement in itself:)

Freezer use up going well. All our evening meals and lunches were previous batch cooks which saved money, created space and required no cooking:D

Did a spin class

Marking up to date

Ds's homework up to date and to a good standard. He's not really a lover of school but he's trying so hard, I hope he gets the results he needs.

DD travelling with her new job. She's very excited and very happy.

No real money news other than the odd TT. Do any Shopium users know if you can purchase an item when it comes back on offer if you bought it during a previous offer? I want more cider:rotfl:

Off to bed because if I don't stick to my early night I might not make it to Friday!

PP xx
  • wishingthemortgaheaway
    Options
    Yes you can, it's a new offer. The cider doesn't appeal to me, but there was a sparkling grape juice that came back on offer and it's paid out to me with no issues.
    Outstanding mortgage: £23,181 (December 19)
    MFW 2020 Challenge Member #10 0/£2318
  • Firegirl
    Firegirl Posts: 934 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    5 consecutive NSD! That’s amazing!
    Mortgage balance Feb 2015 start of MFW Journey-£245316.06/Aim to be mortgage neutral 2022 — Target for May 2024 14 Year Target Balance MF50 = £89,535 — Mortgage Balance £106, 000—Target for May 2024! £89,535

Retirement Planning
    Starting Position : Pension 1-£165,000/Pension 2-£50,000/Pension 3-£9,500/ISA-£87,000/Total-£311,500
  • Betterthanever
    Options
    Ooh, that's worth knowing. A couple things have come back on and I've not taken advantage of them. Will be sure to do so next time!

Sorry you were feeling out of sorts. I hope you're feeling better now.
  • pinkypig
    Options
    Yes you can, it's a new offer. The cider doesn't appeal to me, but there was a sparkling grape juice that came back on offer and it's paid out to me with no issues.

Thanks Wish. Hope your first day was OK xx
  • pinkypig
    Options
    Firegirl wrote: »
    5 consecutive NSD! That’s amazing!

:wave: thanks for dropping in :D

Its certainly amazing for me :rotfl:
  • pinkypig
    Options
    Ooh, that's worth knowing. A couple things have come back on and I've not taken advantage of them. Will be sure to do so next time!

Sorry you were feeling out of sorts. I hope you're feeling better now.

Thank you :A. Feeling much better now. What will be will be xx
  • pinkypig
    Options
    Its freezing :eek: The car was covered in ice this morning so I've dug out my down jacket and gloves :)

Today's been OK. Work came and went, my marking is up to date and the kids are happy. Can't ask for much more than that.

No money news although it is rent day tomorrow so I can have a shuffle then. I also need to finalise and pay my car insurance and breakdown cover so I've wrote a to do list with those at the top. I also need to meal plan and do a small shop. Everything else can wait until the weekend.

Today's successes have included;

Cheap and healthy eats from stores and the freezer.

Daily clean done

Recycling sorted out and collected

Gym shower bag replenished. I'm using babywipes instead of make up wipes these days and so the zip lock bag in my shower bag has been refilled. My 3 in 1 stuff was nearly empty so I've refilled it from a huge dispenser ds got for Christmas that seems ever lasting so no purchases needed :)

Did weights class and had a free shower :money:

Went to collect Shopium cheesecake offer for ds's treat and had the best ys haul I've ever had. £5.08 (including the £1 for the cheesecakes) and the freezer is rammed. Loads of good quality and mainly healthy stuff that will freeze including duck breasts were 22p for a pack of 2 and best of sausages were either 6 or 13p :money: That's my meat shortage solved for the next month at least. We've also got posh lunch pots for tomorrow:D

Trying really hard to get to bed on time so I'll say night night xx
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback