Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • MSE Steve
    • By MSE Steve 12th Mar 19, 7:03 PM
    • 77Posts
    • 29Thanks
    MSE Steve
    Money Moral Dilemma: Should I tell my friend he's underpaid me?
    • 12th Mar 19, 7:03 PM
    Money Moral Dilemma: Should I tell my friend he's underpaid me? 12th Mar 19 at 7:03 PM
    This week's MoneySaver who wants advice asks...

I often buy gig tickets for my friend and he pays me back, but not always the full amount. Eg, he gave me £25 for a £28 ticket. I wouldn't mind if it was a one-off, but it's happened a few times now. Should I say something?

Unfortunately the MSE team can't always answer Money Moral Dilemma questions as contributions are often emailed in or suggested in person. They are intended to be enjoyed as a point of debate and discussed at face value.

If you havenít already, join the forum to reply.

Got a money moral dilemma of your own? Suggest an MMD.
    This Forum tip was included in MoneySavingExpert.com's weekly email!
Page 2
    • Gresp
    • By Gresp 15th Mar 19, 1:25 PM
    • 32 Posts
    • 63 Thanks
    Gresp
    As usual, not enough information.

Does the price include a booking/admin fee? If so, is he aware if this?

Does he contribute in any other way (e.g. driving you to these gigs)?

What have you actually agreed with him?
    • skinnt
    • By skinnt 17th Mar 19, 8:45 PM
    • 4 Posts
    • 9 Thanks
    skinnt
    Why would you expect a load of strangers to understand what relationship and understanding you have with this friend? Grow up and work out for yourself.
    • JayD
    • By JayD 19th Mar 19, 10:09 AM
    • 524 Posts
    • 329 Thanks
    JayD
    He's supposed to be your friend. You should be able to speak honestly to each other.

Does he think you get a discount when you buy the tickets?

In any case, why aren't you saying, 'here's the ticket - it's £28'?
    Without you telling him what the ticket cost, where does he get the number £25 from? It doesn't make sense!

If it's £28 - whatever he gives you, tell him it's £28 and hold your hand out for the other £3!
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,847Posts Today

8,701Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Should the contactless payment limit be increased? If so, to what? Pls vote in this week's MSE site poll... https://t.co/xpGaKlS5Mr

• No its completely wrong. Your contract is with the shop that you bought it off. The staff at o2 should be better? https://t.co/GXVXHvPkZv

• PLS SHARE - WARNING DO NOT USE VIAGOGO. A group of MPs have today echo'd my own warning about the secondary tick? https://t.co/ZUvKRq3MeS

• Follow Martin