DMP mutual support thread part 13 !!

Options

Comments

• kram
    kram Posts: 136 Forumite
    Options
    jubilee14 wrote: »
    Hi All, am a bit excited and surprised. So as i've been coming to the end of the DMP been trying to get things in place for next stage.... Re-mortgage if possible.

So I was going through bits and bobs and had been advised again to dispute the default date of two of the debts an O/D and an old cc as they took 18 mnths on cc and 2 years on O/d. So i've not heard back from o/d yet. But cc they have agreed to set the default date back to Nov 2012 saying while it was the right thing to do then, its not how they do things now. Also they repaid the interest that was applied up to default date, which meant that the remaining portion is now paid off ( and a bit more in the bank).

So thats it I am debt free! Cannot believe it as had a couple of months to go. I cant thank this particular forum enough from the early days of panic/shame to day to day queries during management to knowing theres folk out there that understand where you are.

Wishing you all the best for your DFD journeys!

Cogratulations :j well done you :j

You wont have any problems getting a mortgage.

I recently remortgaged with my current lender using a broker & had no problems at all plus i am saving £50pm.

Good luck :beer:
  • jubilee14
    Options
    kram wrote: »
    Cogratulations :j well done you :j

You wont have any problems getting a mortgage.

I recently remortgaged with my current lender using a broker & had no problems at all plus i am saving £50pm.

Good luck :beer:

Thanks KRAM but im with Landmark ( old Northern Rock ) so they dont re-mortgage and to go to another lender need to jump through hoops, it was my broker that told me to challenge dates. So they are already earning their fee :rotfl:

Had BOS on about my complaint of O/d date, knew this would be tricky as its O/D so no defined payment per month to fail to pay. Unfortunately their default is the last one lodged ( jan 2015) but its worth a try. Will know later today. Any joy will let you guys know.
    LBM Sept 2012
    started DMP 1.11.12
    Debt [STRIKE]£37012[/STRIKE]/£0 DFD January 2019 :beer:
  • Carefreewannabe
    Options
    Hi all,

I’m new to this forum. I was stalking for over a year before setting up a dmp with stepchange last year. I’ve now reaches the end of my plan but I have to call them. Problem is I have been diagnosed with anxiety (direct result of £40k debts) and speaking on the phone sparks panic attacks. I’ve told them this but they said I need to discuss the plan on the phone.

So, I’m now faced with going it alone. I’ve been making token payments to 10 creditors for a year now and the last payment was end of November as that’s when the plan “finished”. So now where do I go? Do I write to all lenders again and inform them I’m continuing token payments until daughter starts school in sept?

To add to the mix, I also moved in August and didn’t inform them all of my address as it was all so overwhelming.

Basically I’m not coping particularly well with this situation! Was good for the year it was all running smoothly, now I’m petrified every second of the day.

Any advice?

Thank you all, this forum was a great support when I was missing payments left right and centre!
  • Hob6982
    Options
    Hi all,

So today I have finally begun my debt free journey and sent my paper work to SC.

Already it feels like a weight has been lifted from my shoulders.

I have a couple of questions though which I wonder if anyone could help with?

1) I get paid 0n 25th, I don't imagine much will have happened via SC in the two weeks between now and then, should I contact my creditors advising that they will be in touch
    2) should I cancel my DD's with the creditors now (once I send the above letters) or wait until SC has advised it's all set up?

My worry is that my DD's will be collected in two weeks and then SC will need their payment before I get paid again leaving me in the poo poo
  • sourcrates
    sourcrates Posts: 28,924 Ambassador
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Basically I’m not coping particularly well with this situation! Was good for the year it was all running smoothly, now I’m petrified every second of the day.

Any advice?
    !

Hi,

Yes, first off, stop feeling petrified, take a hold of the reins again, you need a cool and clear head to sort this out.

We cant give you any advice about this until we see a statement of affairs, so my suggestion, go to the stoozing calculator, here :

http://www.stoozing.com/calculator/soa.php

Fill in an accurate SOA, then post it up in the general DFW section of the forum, under the "new thread" banner, and we can make suggestions to help you out.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Debt free wannabe, Credit file and ratings, and Bankruptcy and living with it boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.For free non-judgemental debt advice, contact either Stepchange, National Debtline, or CitizensAdviceBureaux.Link to SOA Calculator- https://www.stoozing.com/soa.php The "provit letter" is here-https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/2607247/letter-when-you-know-nothing-about-about-the-debt-aka-prove-it-letter
  • sourcrates
    sourcrates Posts: 28,924 Ambassador
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Hob6982 wrote: »
    Hi all,

So today I have finally begun my debt free journey and sent my paper work to SC.

Already it feels like a weight has been lifted from my shoulders.

I have a couple of questions though which I wonder if anyone could help with?

1) I get paid 0n 25th, I don't imagine much will have happened via SC in the two weeks between now and then, should I contact my creditors advising that they will be in touch
    2) should I cancel my DD's with the creditors now (once I send the above letters) or wait until SC has advised it's all set up?

My worry is that my DD's will be collected in two weeks and then SC will need their payment before I get paid again leaving me in the poo poo

Hi,

(1) Cancel ALL non priority payments to creditors now, today.

(2) Inform all your creditors in writing, that you are in financial difficulty and are taking advice from stepchange, who will be in touch with them in due course.

This is all basic newbie stuff stepchange should of told you to do weeks ago, these are the first steps you take in regaining a little control over whats going on, it concerns me they have not told you this.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Debt free wannabe, Credit file and ratings, and Bankruptcy and living with it boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.For free non-judgemental debt advice, contact either Stepchange, National Debtline, or CitizensAdviceBureaux.Link to SOA Calculator- https://www.stoozing.com/soa.php The "provit letter" is here-https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/2607247/letter-when-you-know-nothing-about-about-the-debt-aka-prove-it-letter
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Hi all,

I’m new to this forum. I was stalking for over a year before setting up a dmp with stepchange last year. I’ve now reaches the end of my plan but I have to call them. Problem is I have been diagnosed with anxiety (direct result of £40k debts) and speaking on the phone sparks panic attacks. I’ve told them this but they said I need to discuss the plan on the phone.

So, I’m now faced with going it alone. I’ve been making token payments to 10 creditors for a year now and the last payment was end of November as that’s when the plan “finished”. So now where do I go? Do I write to all lenders again and inform them I’m continuing token payments until daughter starts school in sept?

To add to the mix, I also moved in August and didn’t inform them all of my address as it was all so overwhelming.

Any advice?

Thank you all, this forum was a great support when I was missing payments left right and centre!

First of all, welcome to this forum. You've come to the right place for lots of reassurance and support. There's usually someone who's been in the same position as you and will be only too happy to pass on the benefit of their experience in getting through it.

I can empathise with your panic attacks when dealing with things on the phone. I tend to get very flustered and am easily intimidated by creditors on the phone. Not as severe as an out and out panic attack but it used to leave me in floods of tears as soon as I managed to hang up. whenever I had to deal with banks, DCAs and so on. I do as little negotiating as possible on the phone but I have to say Stepchange were never difficult or heavy. They used to ask me to phone them to discuss my budget every year and on every occasion couldn't have been more sympathetic and understanding. I wonder if, on this occasion, you could try to speak to them on the phone. The fact you have been diagnosed with anxiety(which I'd mention to them as soon as you're connected to someone) would maybe not make you worry so much if you got upset or tearful during your conversation with them. I was in tears once when I spoke to them but the agent I spoke to couldn't have done more to put me at my ease.

I just feel that you feel as if self-managing has somehow been forced upon you. If you are at low ebb and feeling anxious I'm not altogether sure whether managing your own DMP at the moment is right for you. It might cause you even more stress. Just a thought:)

Please keep posting to let us know how you get on. Good luck whatever you decide. Take care of yourself
  • Hob6982
    Options
    In fairness I've not spoken to them, been doing it all via the website; (not had a chance to call them yet!)

Thank you for your reply though!
  • HonestS
    HonestS Posts: 49 Forumite
    Options
    Hi, I’m putting all my information into NEDCAB so I can generate my holding letters. This might be a silly question but where do you get the addresses from, or do I just send them to any address related to the bank/company?
  • Willing2Learn
    Options
    Hi honestS,

Use the addresses from the creditor/DCA statements and other correspondence. And it is not a stupid question :)
    I work within the voluntary sector, supporting vulnerable people to rebuild their lives.

I love my job

:smiley:
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport