Add your feedback on energy supplier OneSelect

Options

Comments

• merchcon55
    Options
    Interesting observation my last 2 meter readings have been removed from my online account. I have submitted a new reading today, and took a screen shot which says successfully submitted.

I have not had any requests for increased Direct Debit payments.

Can't say I have a good feeling about this company - had the choice to go with a more established small company (SO ENERGY) which would have been around £60 more per year and locked in a good rate for winter.

If One Select go kaput - the best rate I can get now would cost me over £200 more - a lesson learned perhaps. Don't always go for the cheapest ! We shall see.
  • brewerdave
    brewerdave Posts: 8,509 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    WAS thinking of One Select as my next leccy supplier when First Utility get my SOLR switch from Usio finally sorted. However, reading the last handful of comments I think it's back to the drawing board!!
  • far
    far Posts: 342 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Switched away from them in July last year and, unbeknownst to me, they still had a sizeable credit balance of mine. I only found out as I got a final bill by email on Tuesday. This is shocking service and trying to contact them to get the credit back is hard. Guess this will be going to the Energy Ombudsman in a few weeks :(
  • efpom
    efpom Posts: 8 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    26 Sept 2018 DD @ £41 taken

30 Sept 2018 Contract Start date

12 Oct 2018 notification of purported review DD will increase to £71 a 75% increase.

13 Oct 2018 Challenge to that to Company secretary – 7 days to reply providing full particulars.

22 Oct 2018 No reply – DD cancelled

25 Oct 2018 Reply to request for full particulars – calculation arriving at £71 bears no relationship to estimated consumption or to historical consumption record held by consumer – Oneselect figures taken from “a national database”

26 Oct 2018 “Raises more questions than answers” Please further clarify e.g. what national database.?

2 Nov 2018 reply expected

Check out trustpilot reviews
  • wavelets
    wavelets Posts: 1,164 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 3 November 2018 at 6:59PM
    Options
    efpom wrote: »
    26 Sept 2018 DD @ £41 taken

30 Sept 2018 Contract Start date

12 Oct 2018 notification of purported review DD will increase to £71 a 75% increase.

13 Oct 2018 Challenge to that to Company secretary – 7 days to reply providing full particulars.

22 Oct 2018 No reply – DD cancelled

25 Oct 2018 Reply to request for full particulars – calculation arriving at £71 bears no relationship to estimated consumption or to historical consumption record held by consumer – Oneselect figures taken from “a national database”

26 Oct 2018 “Raises more questions than answers” Please further clarify e.g. what national database.?

2 Nov 2018 reply expected

Check out trustpilot reviews

https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showpost.php?p=74780609&postcount=279 :cool:

Respect at getting up at 6am on a Saturday morning to make this post!
    (or perhaps you've not been to bed yet?)

Here is an explanation of the meter reading validation process carried out by an independent meter validation company.
    This is provided by So Energy, but is common to all energy suppliers
    https://www.so.energy/so/help-and-advice/faq/switching-to-us/Opening-Read-Validation

Whilst the article relates more specifically to opening reads, suppliers carry out a similar process for any customer supplied meter reading. Accordingly, the independent meter validation company will also have consumption profiles and those can be consulted on in a similar manner.

In short, the supplier does not believe you supported by evidence provided by the independent meter validation company.

And I do not believe trustpilot reviews ;)
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-43907695
    Fake online reviews are being openly traded on the internet, a BBC investigation has found.

BBC 5 live Investigates was able to buy a false, five-star recommendation placed on one of the world's leading review websites, Trustpilot.
    ok, that was for fake positive reviews, but if positive reviews can be faked, so can negatrive ones.
  • antrobus
    antrobus Posts: 17,386 Forumite
    Options
    ....As my summer bills are so low my credit has crept up, which is fine as I can use this against my winter bills and my direct debit won't have to be increased.

Ditto, but they have still upped my DD amount. The toerags are apparently unhappy with an account that's over £300 in credit, and want me to build up another £300's worth of credit.
    I thought I would warn other MSE's that is they are with One Select there is a chance of this supplier going under. Not sure what my rights are but I guess if they did go bust I would lose my credits. I suppose for people in debt to One Select they wouldn't have to pay.

Confirmation that Flexenergie B.V. is insolvent.
    https://www.faillissementsdossier.nl/en/suspensionofpayment/1442296/flexenergie-b-v.aspx

You won't lose your credit balance. That is protected by OFGEM. And the people in debt will still have to pay, But if they do go bust it will still be a PITA.

They may well have 40,000 customers signed up at the moment, but it's gonna be 39,999 pretty darned soon.:)
  • teresa.heffer
    Options
    This happened to me too!
  • nigelbb
    nigelbb Posts: 3,790 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    antrobus wrote: »
    Ditto, but they have still upped my DD amount. The toerags are apparently unhappy with an account that's over £300 in credit, and want me to build up another £300's worth of credit.

Confirmation that Flexenergie B.V. is insolvent.
    https://www.faillissementsdossier.nl/en/suspensionofpayment/1442296/flexenergie-b-v.aspx

You won't lose your credit balance. That is protected by OFGEM. And the people in debt will still have to pay, But if they do go bust it will still be a PITA.
    I still owe IRESA a couple of hundred pounds as they never managed to send me a final bill a year before they went bust. I think it unlikely that I will be pursued for that debt now.
  • System
    System Posts: 178,094 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    nigelbb wrote: »
    I still owe IRESA a couple of hundred pounds as they never managed to send me a final bill a year before they went bust. I think it unlikely that I will be pursued for that debt now.

I wouldn't hold your breath. Deloitte LLP are the appointed administrators and a major part of their work will be the recovery of all monies owed to Iresa. Your case could become an interesting test of The Back Billing Code.
  • nigelbb
    nigelbb Posts: 3,790 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    edited 6 November 2018 at 1:29PM
    Options
    Hengus wrote: »
    I wouldn't hold your breath. Deloitte LLP are the appointed administrators and a major part of their work will be the recovery of all monies owed to Iresa. Your case could become an interesting test of The Back Billing Code.
    I gave final meter readings & informed Iresa in August 2017 that I was moving out & cancelled my Direct Debit. I was expecting a final bill but it never arrived. As it's now over a year later under the backbilling rules I don't believe that they can bill me.

TBH I would have been happy to pay if they had sent me a bill but I'm really not going to chase them up & demand they send me a final bill.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure