Forum Home» Energy

Add your feedback on energy supplier OneSelect - Page 8

New Post Advanced Search

Add your feedback on energy supplier OneSelect

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Energy
91 replies 21K views
1456810

Replies

  • merchcon55merchcon55 Forumite
    162 posts
    Part of the Furniture 100 Posts Name Dropper
    Interesting observation my last 2 meter readings have been removed from my online account. I have submitted a new reading today, and took a screen shot which says successfully submitted.

    I have not had any requests for increased Direct Debit payments.

    Can't say I have a good feeling about this company - had the choice to go with a more established small company (SO ENERGY) which would have been around £60 more per year and locked in a good rate for winter.

    If One Select go kaput - the best rate I can get now would cost me over £200 more - a lesson learned perhaps. Don't always go for the cheapest ! We shall see.
  • brewerdavebrewerdave Forumite
    6.3K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    WAS thinking of One Select as my next leccy supplier when First Utility get my SOLR switch from Usio finally sorted. However, reading the last handful of comments I think it's back to the drawing board!!
  • farfar Forumite
    336 posts
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    ✭✭
    Switched away from them in July last year and, unbeknownst to me, they still had a sizeable credit balance of mine. I only found out as I got a final bill by email on Tuesday. This is shocking service and trying to contact them to get the credit back is hard. Guess this will be going to the Energy Ombudsman in a few weeks :(
  • efpomefpom Forumite
    4 posts
    26 Sept 2018 DD @ £41 taken

    30 Sept 2018 Contract Start date

    12 Oct 2018 notification of purported review DD will increase to £71 a 75% increase.

    13 Oct 2018 Challenge to that to Company secretary – 7 days to reply providing full particulars.

    22 Oct 2018 No reply – DD cancelled

    25 Oct 2018 Reply to request for full particulars – calculation arriving at £71 bears no relationship to estimated consumption or to historical consumption record held by consumer – Oneselect figures taken from “a national database”

    26 Oct 2018 “Raises more questions than answers” Please further clarify e.g. what national database.?

    2 Nov 2018 reply expected

    Check out trustpilot reviews
  • edited 3 November 2018 at 6:59PM
    waveletswavelets Forumite
    1.2K posts
    edited 3 November 2018 at 6:59PM
    efpom wrote: »
    26 Sept 2018 DD @ £41 taken

    30 Sept 2018 Contract Start date

    12 Oct 2018 notification of purported review DD will increase to £71 a 75% increase.

    13 Oct 2018 Challenge to that to Company secretary – 7 days to reply providing full particulars.

    22 Oct 2018 No reply – DD cancelled

    25 Oct 2018 Reply to request for full particulars – calculation arriving at £71 bears no relationship to estimated consumption or to historical consumption record held by consumer – Oneselect figures taken from “a national database”

    26 Oct 2018 “Raises more questions than answers” Please further clarify e.g. what national database.?

    2 Nov 2018 reply expected

    Check out trustpilot reviews

    https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showpost.php?p=74780609&postcount=279 :cool:

    Respect at getting up at 6am on a Saturday morning to make this post!
    (or perhaps you've not been to bed yet?)

    Here is an explanation of the meter reading validation process carried out by an independent meter validation company.
    This is provided by So Energy, but is common to all energy suppliers
    https://www.so.energy/so/help-and-advice/faq/switching-to-us/Opening-Read-Validation

    Whilst the article relates more specifically to opening reads, suppliers carry out a similar process for any customer supplied meter reading. Accordingly, the independent meter validation company will also have consumption profiles and those can be consulted on in a similar manner.

    In short, the supplier does not believe you supported by evidence provided by the independent meter validation company.

    And I do not believe trustpilot reviews ;)
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-43907695
    Fake online reviews are being openly traded on the internet, a BBC investigation has found.


    BBC 5 live Investigates was able to buy a false, five-star recommendation placed on one of the world's leading review websites, Trustpilot.
    ok, that was for fake positive reviews, but if positive reviews can be faked, so can negatrive ones.
  • antrobusantrobus Forumite
    17.4K posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ....As my summer bills are so low my credit has crept up, which is fine as I can use this against my winter bills and my direct debit won't have to be increased.

    Ditto, but they have still upped my DD amount. The toerags are apparently unhappy with an account that's over £300 in credit, and want me to build up another £300's worth of credit.
    ..
    I thought I would warn other MSE's that is they are with One Select there is a chance of this supplier going under. Not sure what my rights are but I guess if they did go bust I would lose my credits. I suppose for people in debt to One Select they wouldn't have to pay.

    Confirmation that Flexenergie B.V. is insolvent.
    https://www.faillissementsdossier.nl/en/suspensionofpayment/1442296/flexenergie-b-v.aspx

    You won't lose your credit balance. That is protected by OFGEM. And the people in debt will still have to pay, But if they do go bust it will still be a PITA.

    They may well have 40,000 customers signed up at the moment, but it's gonna be 39,999 pretty darned soon.:)
  • This happened to me too!
  • nigelbbnigelbb Forumite
    3.4K posts
    Seventh Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    antrobus wrote: »
    Ditto, but they have still upped my DD amount. The toerags are apparently unhappy with an account that's over £300 in credit, and want me to build up another £300's worth of credit.



    Confirmation that Flexenergie B.V. is insolvent.
    https://www.faillissementsdossier.nl/en/suspensionofpayment/1442296/flexenergie-b-v.aspx

    You won't lose your credit balance. That is protected by OFGEM. And the people in debt will still have to pay, But if they do go bust it will still be a PITA.
    I still owe IRESA a couple of hundred pounds as they never managed to send me a final bill a year before they went bust. I think it unlikely that I will be pursued for that debt now.
  • SystemSystem
    177.8K posts
    10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    nigelbb wrote: »
    I still owe IRESA a couple of hundred pounds as they never managed to send me a final bill a year before they went bust. I think it unlikely that I will be pursued for that debt now.

    I wouldn't hold your breath. Deloitte LLP are the appointed administrators and a major part of their work will be the recovery of all monies owed to Iresa. Your case could become an interesting test of The Back Billing Code.
  • edited 6 November 2018 at 1:29PM
    nigelbbnigelbb Forumite
    3.4K posts
    Seventh Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    edited 6 November 2018 at 1:29PM
    Hengus wrote: »
    I wouldn't hold your breath. Deloitte LLP are the appointed administrators and a major part of their work will be the recovery of all monies owed to Iresa. Your case could become an interesting test of The Back Billing Code.
    I gave final meter readings & informed Iresa in August 2017 that I was moving out & cancelled my Direct Debit. I was expecting a final bill but it never arrived. As it's now over a year later under the backbilling rules I don't believe that they can bill me.

    TBH I would have been happy to pay if they had sent me a bill but I'm really not going to chase them up & demand they send me a final bill.
Sign In or Register to comment.

Quick links

Essential Money | Who & Where are you? | Work & Benefits | Household and travel | Shopping & Freebies | About MSE | The MoneySavers Arms | Covid-19 & Coronavirus Support