nationwide close my bank account

Options
Hi every one today when i check my internet bank i realise that there are no bank account showing up so i went to nearest atm to check it and machine my card grab my card then i call the bank they say they have closed my bank account but i never receive any letter from there side. i have approx 29000 pounds in my bank account. Will they refund it or not. The only information they gave me is that they closing my account because i reported online fraud on my account i am really very tensed as its my savings for my house. i do not know what to do i do not have any card with me and my Id is with home office. I only have provisional driving licence. Please advice me what will happen now or what should i do?

Comments

• JuicyJesus
    JuicyJesus Posts: 3,830 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Where did the £29,000 of savings come from and how quickly did it come into your current account?

You'll likely get the money in the form of a cheque, although really the only people who can tell you full details are Nationwide.
    urs sinserly,
    ~~joosy jeezus~~
  • singhsimran
    Options
    thanks dear

its my savings in the flex account of nationwide today i see my account disappear then i check with atm and machine retain my card then i call customer care they say they are closing my accounts after i reported the fraud. I am really stressed at the moment. I hope the bank return my money..
  • glider3560
    glider3560 Posts: 4,115 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    thanks dear

its my savings in the flex account of nationwide today i see my account disappear then i check with atm and machine retain my card then i call customer care they say they are closing my accounts after i reported the fraud. I am really stressed at the moment. I hope the bank return my money..
    We know that, you've already told us this.

You will need to answer the questions posted above in order for anyone to give you any meaningful advice.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Sounds like a fake post to me
  • roddydogs
    roddydogs Posts: 7,478 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Wum,..............
  • JuicyJesus
    JuicyJesus Posts: 3,830 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    thanks dear

That doesn't actually answer the question - where did these "savings" come from and how quickly did they appear in your account?

What is the fraud you reported also?
    urs sinserly,
    ~~joosy jeezus~~
  • singhsimran
    Options
    Thanks all i have savings from my weekly wages its been there for last 11 months. but suddenly the bank decide to close my bank account. I call the bank they say i am entitled to funds but i need to go to bank branch to take out my funds. Will they give me all in cash or cheque. Over the call they say i am entitled to funds in my account but i need to pop in the branch to take out funds. what that means are they going to give me my money or they just keep it
  • soulsaver
    soulsaver Posts: 5,975 Forumite
    Options
  • BoGoF
    BoGoF Posts: 7,099 Forumite
    Options
    Any reason you have failed to answer a question that has been asked twice now?

What was the fraud you reported?
  • Robin9
    Robin9 Posts: 12,103 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    what that means are they going to give me my money or they just keep it

Only one way to find out - go to a branch with ID (your provisional driving license, utility bill - not a mobile phone bill - you need to prove you live at the address your bank has)
    Never pay on an estimated bill
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport