CCJ Question

Options
I have an old CCJ which i am trying to clear. The CCJ was from an individual and not a company and i cannot find any details of the person. The address is no longer valid for this person when the CCJ was given.

Can i call the court up and pay to the court directly who will forward the payment on? Will they have their new details on file?

Any advice on how i should pay this

Thanks

Comments

• Willing2Learn
    Willing2Learn Posts: 6,294 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    edited 3 October 2019 at 6:38PM
    Options
    Hi xlnc99 :)

According to the .gov.uk website, it simply says "Do not pay the court." The plaintiff's name and address will be on the judgment form. As an option, it says you can pay the plaintiff's solicitor though. Have you got their bank details, as you could be by Faster Payment?
    I work within the voluntary sector, supporting vulnerable people to rebuild their lives.

I love my job

:smiley:
  • xlnc99
    xlnc99 Posts: 1,673 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    The name and address is no longer valid as it was an old judgement. I dont have any contact details or bank details. HE did not use a solicitor and went through his own
  • Willing2Learn
    edited 3 October 2019 at 6:52PM
    Options
    In that case I would deposit the judgement amount in to an interest earning account. In the meantime, I would contact StepChange or the CAB for advice on what you should do...

Edit: I would also probably contact the court that served the judgement to see if they had any current details for the plaintiff....in writing...so I would be starting a paper trail...
    I work within the voluntary sector, supporting vulnerable people to rebuild their lives.

I love my job

• xlnc99
    Options
    I want this to be satisfied on my file. Its such a pain. Ive searched for answers and cant find anything for this situation. I doubt it happens often. I will contact the court to see what they will say about this
  • Willing2Learn
    Options
    xlnc99 wrote: »
    I will contact the court to see what they will say about this
    I recommend contacting them via email. You will then have evidence that you are trying to find out the plaintiff details so that you can settle the account. Start a paper trail... :)

I love my job

• xlnc99
    Options
    email is the worst idea for a county court. For all other companies email is the way forward but when it comes to courts they NEVER respond via email! When they do its around 10 days after! They are usually helpful on the phone though!
  • MovingForwards
    MovingForwards Posts: 16,964 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    You could instruct tracing agents to locate the claimant.
    Mortgage started 2020, aiming to clear it in 2026.
  • Willing2Learn
    Options
    xlnc99 wrote: »
    email is the worst idea for a county court. For all other companies email is the way forward but when it comes to courts they NEVER respond via email! When they do its around 10 days after! They are usually helpful on the phone though!
    If that is the case, I would still email them, including the claim reference number. That way, when you phone them, you can refer to the email you have sent. Get that paper trail going xlnc99. You know it makes sense.

I love my job

• xlnc99
    Options
    You could instruct tracing agents to locate the claimant.

what is this? Ive never heard of it before. Is it a free service?
  • xlnc99
    Options
    If that is the case, I would still email them, including the claim reference number. That way, when you phone them, you can refer to the email you have sent. Get that paper trail going xlnc99. You know it makes sense.

Yes i will do both! Thanks
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport