IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

URGENT HELP - DEBT RECOVERY PLUS (strange circumstances)

Options

Comments

• Redx
    Redx Posts: 38,084 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    edited 11 January 2018 at 7:18PM
    Options
    that letter seems fine with the adjustments mentioned by umkomaas above

as for their threats , they always say that , but if they actually DO that they dont receive a penney , they only get their cut if they scare you into paying up

debt collectors are powerless , so IGNORE their threats

DO NOT IGNORE a formal LBC from the PPC or their solicitors

DO NOT IGNORE an MCOL from Northampton CCBC issued by either the PPC or their solicitors

the PPC has 6 years to initiate a court case in civil court (which you will select your nearest court to your address)
  • CALLUMFORBES
    Options
    Umkomaas wrote: »
    I wouldn’t mention anything about not paying in the communication notifying change of address. Just provide your reference details (VRM, PCN number etc) and just a ‘please note that with immediate effect, any further correspondence from you or any of your agents ......’. Ask them to confirm that they have updated their records.

By not mentioning that you won’t be paying them anything, leaves them thinking that maybe you will be paying (which of course you won’t) once they communicate with your new address. It might make them a bit more compliant and eager to update their records.

If you’re using an email to send the notification, get yourself a Gmail or Hotmail throwaway addy, so they don’t start communicating with any of your main ones.

Great, thanks very much.
    I will just mention the details about changing address and ask for proof that they have this.

From then do I just continue to sit and wait for their next correspondence?
  • Redx
    Redx Posts: 38,084 Forumite
    Options
    see my last post
  • KeithP
    KeithP Posts: 37,649 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I sure someone has already answered that.

Please have another read of all the helpful replies you have received.
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,355 Forumite
    Options
    Great, thanks very much.
    I will just mention the details about changing address and ask for proof that they have this.

Do that. Come back if you get anything more from the PPC, but from DRP, continue to ignore them.
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • CALLUMFORBES
    Options
    Umkomaas wrote: »
    Do that. Come back if you get anything more from the PPC, but from DRP, continue to ignore them.
    Great.
    Sorry one final thing, with regards to my very first post.

Still slightly concerned about what the DRP agent told me over the phone regarding me changing where my car was registered. It is now at the correct address, but was not when the initially fine was issued (which i do genuinely think is not correct). He said that he could pull it up to the DVLA, assuming that this is just their attempt at bullying me into paying?
  • KeithP
    KeithP Posts: 37,649 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Still slightly concerned about what the DRP agent told me over the phone regarding me changing where my car was registered. It is now at the correct address, but was not when the initially fine was issued (which i do genuinely think is not correct). He said that he could pull it up to the DVLA, assuming that this is just their attempt at bullying me into paying?
    This just reinforces the advice that it is never a good idea to speak to a debt collector.

He has unnecessarily worried you about nothing.
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,747 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    I would email DRP as well:

info@drpl.co.uk

Dear DRP:

DPA Section 10 Notice Re: Euro Car Parks PCN xxxxxxx (your ref xxxxxxxxxxxxx)

I refer to your recent communication regarding the above Parking Charge Notice (PCN).

In order to resolve this matter, I will offer the following comments as to why this PCN was incorrectly issued and is not payable.

My findings

The site in question has inadequate, sparse signage and no parking contract giving rise to any charge can have been formed with the driver. The Notice supposedly issued by your client was never received, and was not suitably worded under the POFA 2012 to hold me liable as keeper, even if it had been properly served. I suggest you/your client now seek some good legal advice.

What you need to do now

You and your client must update your records because you have been writing to an old address, which must now be removed from all data storage by you and Euro Car Parks, in accordance with the Data Protection Act (DPA) and your duty to keep up-to-date records.

You can find full details of the address your client should be using for me for service of any legal claim, below:

YOUR NAME
    CURRENT ADDRESS

In terms of the current computerised series of template letters spitting out from your offices, I consider your conduct to represent a course of conduct of harassment. I must inform you that Debt Recovery Plus have caused myself and my family significant distress by virtue of your misleading letters and the aggressive stance of your operative on the telephone.

I do not authorise or agree to my telephone number, email address or the old address to be used or stored by you or Euro Car Parks.

Should Euro Car Parks consider they have a cause of action, they must send a valid Letter before Claim (not a DRP 'notice of intended court action' template letter) and - after completing the requirements under the pre-action protocol - your clients should then proceed to Court, immediately ceasing this meritless but harassing barrage of correspondence.

You must consider this a Section 10 Notice under the DPA and must respond within 21 days.

What will happen if you do not respond properly to this Section 10 Notice

If the address for service held by you and your client is not changed to the address shown above, and if you fail to respond appropriately to this Notice, I will recommend that the ICO investigates your breach of the DPA and will consider a small claim remedy against both parties for compensation for data misuse and/or harassment, and I will seek to recover that outstanding balance.

What if you do not agree

Although any correspondence that does not provide a valid justification for further processing my data will be noted and retained, I cannot guarantee that I will reply to it.

Kind Regards

It's loosely based on the headings in this one (DRP's own template):
    http://forums.pepipoo.com/index.php?showtopic=1069974

and yes I really do mean to email it to DRP unless they are already using the right address?

:)
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • beamerguy
    beamerguy Posts: 17,587 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Great.

LOOK ... DRP speak so much rubbish they can only expect
    us to believe that baboons run the company.

DRP LIE ...... They like to think they are the bees knees
    in the scam industry but in reality they are as low as a leech
    swimming in a pond

FORGET DRP ... IT'S A SCAM
  • pappa_golf
    pappa_golf Posts: 8,895 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Great.

AHGGG<<<<<<<<< its not a fine

DR+ are after money , they tell lies!!

what has your DVLA address got to do with them , they asked for and recieved your last KNOWN address from the DVLA database

STOP RINGING THEM
    Save a Rachael

buy a share in crapita
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills