IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

URGENT HELP - DEBT RECOVERY PLUS (strange circumstances)

Options
1235»

Comments

• CALLUMFORBES
    Options
    Redx wrote: »
    you can certainly do so , and keep copies

if they were to use an old address having been informed of the correct address then a judge would take a dim view if a default court claim were to be awarded and you could claim the set aside costs of £255 (or more if it goes up) in the future

if posting these notifications as letters , get a free certificate of posting from the PO COUNTER and keep them safe along with copies of the letters too

keep copies of all correspondence anyway , for the next 6 years

Thanks,
    I am sending and email to DRP based on that that was given in #29 by Coupon-mad (thanks!).
    I have removed the details about poor signage as this is not true, but have added in the following which I think would be deemed correct after looked at the previous FAQ's

My findings

The charge in question is commercially unjustifiable and disproportionate to any losses that would have been incurreed.Also, no parking contract giving rise to any charge can have been formed with the driver. The Notice supposedly issued by your client was never received, and was not suitably worded under the POFA 2012 to hold me liable as keeper, even if it had been properly served. I suggest you/your client now seek some good legal advice.

Do you think this is ok to go ahead with?
  • Redx
    Redx Posts: 38,084 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    signage rarely meets the CoP or any signage standards , so unless they are as good as the BEAVIS case signs then you should always state that they are poor and inadequate and fail the CoP and any other standards

in simple terms , always , ALWAYS query the signage , as you are no expert

it is the job of the PPC to prove their signage is compliant

its is your job to assert the signage is not
  • fisherjim
    fisherjim Posts: 6,055 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    "The charge in question is commercially unjustifiable and disproportionate to any losses that would have been incurred"

That argument is dead in the water I'm afraid since Beavis!
  • KeithP
    KeithP Posts: 37,730 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    ...no parking contract giving rise to any charge can have been formed with the driver.
    Why do you say that?

You tell us that the signs were clear, therefore they were capable of forming the basis of a contract.

If you are going to say no contract could've been formed, you would be wise to say why that might be.

The easiest way to do that is to say the signs were not good enough.

In orther words, I too would suggest you sent something more in line with that suggested by C-M in post #29.
  • Leaj82
    Options
    Hi,
    I have also received a letter from DRP asking me to pay £160 for a parking fine that I have no knowledge of - never received any correspondence re any parking charge.

I probably shouldn't have however I did email DRP stating I'd never received any original parking charge but to avoid any further 'worry' I set up a standing order of £10 a month. Since setting up standing order they have written to me again saying I need to pay the £160 in full to avoid court action.

I now realise I shiuldnt have set up standing order, however should I now cancel? Ignore? Keep paying?

Any advice would be so much appreciated :)

Many thanks in advance :)
  • fisherjim
    fisherjim Posts: 6,055 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Leaj82 wrote: »
    Hi,
    I have also received a letter from DRP asking me to pay £160 for a parking fine that I have no knowledge of - never received any correspondence re any parking charge.

I probably shouldn't have however I did email DRP stating I'd never received any original parking charge but to avoid any further 'worry' I set up a standing order of £10 a month. Since setting up standing order they have written to me again saying I need to pay the £160 in full to avoid court action.

I now realise I shiuldnt have set up standing order, however should I now cancel? Ignore? Keep paying?

Any advice would be so much appreciated :)

Many thanks in advance :)

Sorry you need to start your own thread this is not yours, you have hi-jacked someone elses and it gets confusing.
  • nosferatu1001
    nosferatu1001 Posts: 12,961 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    Just cancel. DRP cant do anything.
    You really shouldnt have done ANYTHING on this.
  • Kirchenmaus
    Options
    Leaj82 wrote: »
    Wow, some companies really do like examining equine teeth.

--Churchmouse
  • beamerguy
    beamerguy Posts: 17,587 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Leaj82

As said, cancel your standing order

No doubt you were put under pressure.
    Nobody in their right mind pays DRP
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories