IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

URGENT HELP - DEBT RECOVERY PLUS (strange circumstances)

Options

Comments

• beamerguy
    beamerguy Posts: 17,587 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Thanks very much for this. Again, forgive me if i'm missing something blindingly obvious (I have gone throught the NEWBIES thread). But I am not sure how to find out who the PPC is and how to contact them? Would it be easier to call them to make this process faster. As my DRP letter says that action will be taken if no response is made by tomorrow).

The DRP letter should say who they are acting for ?

DRP CANNOT TAKE ACTION
    DRP ARE SIMPLETON DEBT COLLECTORS:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

Please do not take any notice of the DRP IDIOTS
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,407 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Would it be easier to call them to make this process faster.
    You ‘call’ absolutely nobody! You’re in a legal process and you need all communications in writing. There is no purpose in contacting the PPC (other than address change) as you will always come off second best - they do this every day for a living!

Who does DRP say is their client in their letters to you?
    Again, forgive me if i'm missing something blindingly obvious (I have gone throught the NEWBIES thread)
    Wow! How long did that take you?
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • CALLUMFORBES
    Options
    Umkomaas wrote: »
    You ‘call’ absolutely nobody! You’re in a legal process and you need all communications in writing. There is no purpose in contacting the PPC (other than address change) as you will always come off second best - they do this every day for a living!

Who does DRP say is their client in their letters to you?

Apologies. The creditor/client is Euro Car Parks Ltd.

Just weary of the timing of everything, and that any correspondence may go to another address. But I can send the letter off to them straight away, and continue to ignore the debt collector.

Does my call to DRP earlier today change my position at all?
  • beamerguy
    Options
    Apologies. The creditor/client is Euro Car Parks Ltd.

Just weary of the timing of everything, and that any correspondence may go to another address. But I can send the letter off to them straight away, and continue to ignore the debt collector.

You write or email to them
    REQUEST CONFIRMATION

30 Dorset Square
    London
    NW1 6QJ

E: [EMAIL="info@eurocarparks.com"]info@eurocarparks.com[/EMAIL]
    [EMAIL="info@eurocarparks.com"]
    [/EMAIL]

DO NOT TRUST DRP TO DO THIS
  • Quentin
    Quentin Posts: 40,405 Forumite
    edited 11 January 2018 at 6:10PM
    Options
    Hopefully you witheld your number!!

And you contacting them may encourage them to think they got you wriggling on a hook and devote extra resources on your "debt"

Follow the advice you have been given throughout this thread and only respond to a lbcca or Court correspondence as advised in #9
  • beamerguy
    edited 11 January 2018 at 6:18PM
    Options
    I have to say, if this is going to be another year
    of DRP rubbish, maybe there should be a new
    "Carry on " film ........

Carry on scamming ... or Carry on timewasting ... Carry on Lying

Shame that "Up the Khyber" has been done
  • Umkomaas
    Options
    But I can send the letter off to them straight away, and continue to ignore the debt collector.
    Yes. Do it electronically if possible, better ‘trail’.
    Doesn’t materially change anything, but you will have tipped them off that they have you worried and you can expect more letters than you would have perhaps ordinarily received. But remember, despite their threats, they can do nothing.

I wouldn’t be too concerned about ECP either.

https://bmpa.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/203660432-Euro-Car-Parks-Ltd

http://www.bmpa.eu/companydata/Euro_Car_Parks.html
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

• fisherjim
    fisherjim Posts: 6,055 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    As my DRP letter says that action will be taken if no response is made by tomorrow).
    Exactly what action are you expecting?
  • CALLUMFORBES
    Options
    Umkomaas wrote: »
    Yes. Do it electronically if possible, better ‘trail’.

Doesn’t materially change anything, but you will have tipped them off that they have you worried and you can expect more letters than you would have perhaps ordinarily received. But remember, despite their threats, they can do nothing.

I wouldn’t be too concerned about ECP either.

Thanks very much for all the help.

After looking through some threads I have found the following response as a draft to send, would you deem this appropriate?

Dear Sir or Madam,

Ticket number: [insert ticket number]
    Vehicle registration number: [insert vehicle registration number]

You issued me with a parking ticket on [insert date]. I will not be paying your demand for payment without receipt of evidence of the parking indiscretion.

Please also send any further postal correspondences onto the following address ...

Yours faithfully,

[insert your signature]

fisherjim - the further action states 'if you haven't paid in full or made arrangement to pay by ..., we'll pass your file to our client with a recommendation they take court action against you
  • Umkomaas
    Options
    I wouldn’t mention anything about not paying in the communication notifying change of address. Just provide your reference details (VRM, PCN number etc) and just a ‘please note that with immediate effect, any further correspondence from you or any of your agents ......’. Ask them to confirm that they have updated their records.

By not mentioning that you won’t be paying them anything, leaves them thinking that maybe you will be paying (which of course you won’t) once they communicate with your new address. It might make them a bit more compliant and eager to update their records.

If you’re using an email to send the notification, get yourself a Gmail or Hotmail throwaway addy, so they don’t start communicating with any of your main ones.

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport