Is this a polite rejection

Options

Comments

• pmduk
    pmduk Posts: 10,655 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    But she said goodbye! (Not that I believed it for a minute.)
  • Manxman_in_exile
    Options
    pmduk wrote: »
    But she said goodbye! (Not that I believed it for a minute.)

Yes!

When I still lived on the Isle of Man it was quite common for people to turn up at the airport or ferry terminal in Douglas to wish you farewell.

In reality they just wanted to make sure you were leaving!
  • w06
    w06 Posts: 917 Forumite
    Options
    that was just when you were leaving Manxman :~)

Can't believe this thread is still going

I'm still chuckling at the notion of what a Russell Group uni education creates in a person (and yes I have one), and the demonstration here of what a public relations qualification does for well erm yeah ability to relate to the public

But hang on SOAS isn't in the Russell Group is it?
  • Ozzuk
    Ozzuk Posts: 1,884 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    What a strange thread, OP - is one of your degrees in overthinking? Just step back, deep breath, move on.
  • BrassicWoman
    BrassicWoman Posts: 3,202 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    PS: not meant as reflection on your masters, Brassic, but I know from your posts on MSE that you and other posters on this thread would find it interesting,

Oh, mine was a hobby one some 20+ years after my original degree :) Indeed very interesting!
    2021 GC £1365.71/ £2400
  • Manxman_in_exile
    Options
    Ozzuk wrote: »
    What a strange thread, OP - is one of your degrees in overthinking? Just step back, deep breath, move on.

As somebody who did sit on interview panels, I'd be "curious" about a candidate with three degrees, two of them masters and from two different countries. And in two completely different subjects.
  • bugslet
    bugslet Posts: 6,874 Forumite
    Options
    As somebody who did sit on interview panels, I'd be "curious" about a candidate with three degrees, two of them masters and from two different countries. And in two completely different subjects.

As long as you hadn't read this thread;)

Not that should comment as I'm only in possession of a forklift license.:p.
  • Savvy_Sue
    Savvy_Sue Posts: 46,030 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    2018d wrote: »
    The company has my CV alongside samples of work, which states everything that they need to know about me.
    Actually, no it doesn't. You might have zero face to face interpersonal skills; you might have pinched someone else's work. Not saying you did, but I've managed to call for interview people who couldn't pass a fairly basic practical typing test. :o
    bugslet wrote: »
    Not that should comment as I'm only in possession of a forklift license.:p.
    Oh a little more than that, surely? HGV licence too?

BTW, I have three sons. All three of them have masters degrees with first class honours (as it happens from two different Russell Group universities, although I've just had to check that!), BUT they were four year first degree courses. An MEng in computer science, an MMath, and an MChem.

When DH graduated with his MTh, he was told that he remained better qualified than them, because a separate PG degree would always trump a first degree, even if it was a Masters. I'm not sure they believed him, but one of them is now finishing a PhD which definitely trumps him.
    Signature removed for peace of mind
  • Iamzee
    Iamzee Posts: 62 Forumite
    Options
    I think the first email says it all. If they had interest they would have told you from the first email that they might consider you. It's still a polite rejection even the second email says it in a very professional manner.
  • bugslet
    bugslet Posts: 6,874 Forumite
    Options
    No Savvy, no HGV. I can drive a 7.5 on grandfather rights. I always meant to get my Class 1, but always something else to do. When I retire maybe;)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure