What to do about neighbour parking Infront of my h

Options

Comments

• theoretica
    theoretica Posts: 12,306 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Are there other parking spaces nearly as convenient for the neighbours? I would think about just pointing out that you appreciate when they can leave you more room to get out and save you the manoeuvering. Not telling them not to, but giving them a heads up if it is just thoughtlessness.
    But a banker, engaged at enormous expense,
    Had the whole of their cash in his care.
    Lewis Carroll
  • Marvel1
    Marvel1 Posts: 7,172 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I visited a mate one evening, cul de sac, he lived on the end of it. Parked next to his car, he said the neighbour would not like it, I said tough I'm not blocking anything.

I think it was around 9pm, goes outside to find the neighbour parked right behind me.

I thought I'm not giving them the satisaction of asking to move, took a look at the kerb, it was lowered, if my mate moved his back I could easily do a 3 point turn, leaving the other car stranded in the middle of the road.

Thought not yet, as it's too early and they move it forward soon after, and I was in no rush and mate didn't mind either.

Left around 23:30 (lights off next door) did the above and the other car looked as it was stranded in the middle of the road.
  • Aylesbury_Duck
    Aylesbury_Duck Posts: 13,993 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    cjdavies wrote: »
    I visited a mate one evening, cul de sac, he lived on the end of it. Parked next to his car, he said the neighbour would not like it, I said tough I'm not blocking anything.

I think it was around 9pm, goes outside to find the neighbour parked right behind me.

I thought I'm not giving them the satisaction of asking to move, took a look at the kerb, it was lowered, if my mate moved his back I could easily do a 3 point turn, leaving the other car stranded in the middle of the road.

Thought not yet, as it's too early and they move it forward soon after, and I was in no rush and mate didn't mind either.

Left around 23:30 (lights off next door) did the above and the other car looked as it was stranded in the middle of the road.
    Hilarious. :rotfl:
  • JP1978
    JP1978 Posts: 527 Forumite
    Options
    A neighbour used to park a nice looking golf part way across our drive and made it awkward to get in (we reversed in, drove out). As the boy looked after the car as it was his pride and joy, I just told him the wife is a !!!! driver and he may do best to pull the car forward a couple of feet out the way.

He did do most the time.

So, just blame the wife on been a crap driver and you dont want to risk the shiney landrovers been dented!
  • nanto3girls
    nanto3girls Posts: 5,951 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    So, just blame the wife on been a crap driver and you dont want to risk the shiney landrovers been dented![/QUOTE]

Naughty naughty
  • Head_The_Ball
    Head_The_Ball Posts: 4,067 Forumite
    Options
    Tell the Russians your neighbour is a former spy and double agent who defected from Russia.

You might have to wear a HazChem suit for a while but it will be worth it in the end.
  • eddyinfreehold
    Options
    My wife and daughter went to visit some friends about ten miles away in a quiet street of semi d's. About an hour later I received a call on my mobile from the police asking if I owned a black Zafira, reg xyz etc etc. . The worst possible thoughts sprung to mind immediately and I asked if everybody was alright, had there been an accident etc. The police caller played the deadpan-plod and said he couldn't tell me until he went through current driver if it wasn't me, insurance details, driving licence, tax etc etc (which he would know from his computer anyway) by which time I was pretty frantic. He then told me that my wife had parked, quite legally, on the street outside the next door neighbour of her friends and the neighbour had phoned 999 and was threatening to cause a breach of the peace (throw a brick through the friend's window) if the car wasn't moved. There is nothing as strange as folk .... and some Police have a very strange way of conducting their business. Very unhelpful.
  • parking_question_chap
    Options
    Mercdriver wrote: »
    I'm sorry. Are we only allowed to post now if we are in the third world? How then would we be able to afford computers and internet and phones?

My word, the forum would be quiet if that was a prerequisite of posting...

More than twelve probably.
  • takman
    takman Posts: 3,876 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    The result is a minor inconvenience (makes me grumpy every time) that every time we reverse out we have to do a 3 point turn cause there isn't enough space to do it in one go.

Why do you reverse out of your driveway? It's much easier and safer to reverse in and drive out. I never understand people who complain about parking but don't even have the sense/skill to reverse onto their driveway!.
  • Head_The_Ball
    Head_The_Ball Posts: 4,067 Forumite
    Options
    takman wrote: »
    Why do you reverse out of your driveway? It's much easier and safer to reverse in and drive out. I never understand people who complain about parking but don't even have the sense/skill to reverse onto their driveway!.
    Deferred effort.

It takes less time and effort to drive in and defer the extra time and effort of reversing until next time.

An added bonus is that it might be your wife or someone else who next drives the car who has to reverse out so they get to do the extra work. :D
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure