Options

Comments

• ProDave
    ProDave Posts: 3,722 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    :A
    brewerdave wrote: »
    I suspect that the directors of Octopus will be getting quite depressed today - the email that they have sent out to Iresa customers gives 4 options for your future utility arrangements - any bets that the vast majority will plump for options 3 and 4? ie move away from Octoplus as soon as possible:)
    I suspect most, like me, have not replied. I am keeping my powder dry until I know exactly what Octopus are offering me.
  • molerat
    molerat Posts: 31,864 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    ProDave wrote: »
    :AI suspect most, like me, have not replied. I am keeping my powder dry until I know exactly what Octopus are offering me.
    You can see exactly what Octopus are offering you by consulting any one of the switching sites or getting a quote from the Octopus site. You are being placed on their cheapest (variable) tariff, Flexible Octopus.
  • brewerdave
    brewerdave Posts: 8,508 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    ProDave wrote: »
    :AI suspect most, like me, have not replied. I am keeping my powder dry until I know exactly what Octopus are offering me.

Out of interest, I just input the Octopus "offer" into my spreadsheets for my usage. It would cost me over £320 more for both utilities!:eek:
    As my gas is elsewhere on a fix til Sept 2019, I'm only looking for leccy -that would cost £160 more pa. Currently I could go with SSE/SWALEC on a one year fix which would cost me £100pa more, so a no brainer really to leave Octoplus asap:)
  • Mister_G
    Mister_G Posts: 1,926 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Mister_G wrote: »
    Thanks for this link. It certain provides better prices than the CEC site.

Looks like it's going to cost me an extra £50 pa. with Simplicity.

Octopus are going to want £200 pa. more than I was paying Iresa!

Let's hope they allow the switch quickly, I can imagine that they'll want to hang onto me as long as possible.

I was with Iresa for just on a year and found them absolutely fine - no problems whatsoever. Shame they've gone.

Ah! Just discovered that Simplicity only do dual fuel. Not having mains gas (rural) means I'll have to rule them out. Shame as it was a good price.

Next best was Usio, but only if you don't have a smart meter already (which I do).

Finally looking at Yorkshire Energy, which is going to cost me about £80 a year more, but still cheaper than the £200 that Octopus will charge me!
  • Limara
    Limara Posts: 237 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I am so sick and fed up with entering details to show how much I will save BUT when the unit price and the standing charge for both Gas and Electric is considerably more than Iresa how on the earth can any of them be a saving! ( Its always done this long before switch over so its not even taking into account the new prices)
  • castle96
    castle96 Posts: 2,885 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Just had email from Oct requesting meter reads
  • brewerdave
    brewerdave Posts: 8,508 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    castle96 wrote: »
    Just had email from Oct requesting meter reads

I suspect its going to get ever more messy -I've had the same email from Octopus.

I've already got my own reading from 31st July late pm accepted on Iresa site ,together with calculated charges. But also on the Iresa site is the "Deemed (Settlement Registers) or Estimated (Non-Settlement Registers)" figure for1st August which is actually lower!.
    If I give a current reading for 8th August it will be high enough to wipe out the remaining credit from Iresa -so does that mean I will owe the administrators of Iresa money?:(
    Think I'll just give Octopus the reading from 31st July to keep it simples!!:rotfl:
  • molerat
    molerat Posts: 31,864 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Just had the same. They have put a deemed reading for 1st Aug on the readings page which is close enough and I have used that, keeps things simple.
  • beardiedog
    beardiedog Posts: 658 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    brewerdave wrote: »
    I suspect its going to get ever more messy -I've had the same email from Octopus.

I've already got my own reading from 31st July late pm accepted on Iresa site ,together with calculated charges. But also on the Iresa site is the "Deemed (Settlement Registers) or Estimated (Non-Settlement Registers)" figure for1st August which is actually lower!.
    If I give a current reading for 8th August it will be high enough to wipe out the remaining credit from Iresa -so does that mean I will owe the administrators of Iresa money?:(
    Think I'll just give Octopus the reading from 31st July to keep it simples!!:rotfl:

I too debated whether to input today's readings but then thought that it might complicate matters as I'd already input the 1st August readings into Iresa.
  • gardner1
    gardner1 Posts: 3,154 Forumite
    Options
    beardiedog wrote: »
    I too debated whether to input today's readings but then thought that it might complicate matters as I'd already input the 1st August readings into Iresa.

It tells you at bottom of email to use Aug 1st reading
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport