Amazon stole my £2000 laptop

Options

Comments

• theonlywayisup
    theonlywayisup Posts: 16,031 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    terjac3 wrote: »
    It was paid for on a debit card. Been in touch with the bank and they will be doing an investigation . Also been told that Amazon employ casual drivers at weekends and bank holidays.

Read this https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/shopping/visa-mastercard-chargeback/

As for casual drivers, Amazon use a variety of couriers. As you were watching them on the app, you will know which courier it was....
  • waamo
    waamo Posts: 10,298 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    Even if the driver were employed by Amazon it doesn't mean there was a conspiracy by the company to deliver the wrong goods. It is far more likely to be the driver acting alone.
  • Flugelhorn
    Flugelhorn Posts: 5,579 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    perhaps it was a tablet, not a table. (ps not paracetamol)
  • roddydogs
    roddydogs Posts: 7,478 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Wow, nearly as bad as the one you bought from Currys!
  • theonlywayisup
    theonlywayisup Posts: 16,031 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    roddydogs wrote: »
    Wow, nearly as bad as the one you bought from Currys!

I don't see how that is relevant, that was 2011. Most people would have had a new laptop in 8 years....particularly people that use them for gaming.
  • terjac3
    terjac3 Posts: 25 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    DCFC79 wrote: »
    How did you pay ?

I'm hoping credit card.

Actually paid by debit card but am still covered
  • terjac3
    Options
    Read this https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/shopping/visa-mastercard-chargeback/

As for casual drivers, Amazon use a variety of couriers. As you were watching them on the app, you will know which courier it was....

All you get is a dot on the map, it doesn't actually tell you who the courier is
  • terjac3
    Options
    waamo wrote: »
    Even if the driver were employed by Amazon it doesn't mean there was a conspiracy by the company to deliver the wrong goods. It is far more likely to be the driver acting alone.

You're probably right, i thought the same thing all along but when you've got a company that is not even prepared to speak to the driver who drove past my house with my delivery then parked a mile away, stayed there for hours before returning the parcel to the depot, something is not right. You only have to do a bit of research to see the level of thieving that is going on in the depots and with the drivers.
  • photome
    photome Posts: 16,362 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Bake Off Boss!
    Options
    terjac3 wrote: »
    You're probably right, i thought the same thing all along but when you've got a company that is not even prepared to speak to the driver who drove past my house with my delivery then parked a mile away, stayed there for hours before returning the parcel to the depot, something is not right. You only have to do a bit of research to see the level of thieving that is going on in the depots and with the drivers.

what is the level of thieving in depots
  • terjac3
    Options
    Got a follow up email today from Amazon stating that when they receive a copy of the crime report from me then they will issue a full refund. Already told them that the police have said that they do not give out crime reports to the public and that Amazon have to contact them personally with the crime number and they will give them the report. Seems Amazon are unwilling to do this. Does anybody know of a way that i would be able to get a copy of the crime report?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure