20/20 Vision (repaying a debt to my home and myself)

Options

Comments

• beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,574 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Lovely post :)
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • Homegrown0
    Homegrown0 Posts: 1,280 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    That is a lovely post! It's sometimes nice to recognise that even though things aren't perfect/ as we want them, there's happiness to be found everywhere and reasons for gratitude in the simplest of things.

:)
    Sealed Pot Challenge 075
    Pay off by Xmas 2019 #02 - target £10,000
  • Chrystal
    Chrystal Posts: 1,876 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Thank you DIA. Your post brought home with a bang how much there is to be grateful for that I just take for granted.
    It's too easy to be wrapped in a bubble of despondency and not see the many positives in life and you've just given me a much needed kick up the backside! XX
    I Believe.....
    That it isn't always enough, to be forgiven by others.
    Sometimes, you have to learn to forgive yourself.

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery
    Today is a gift. That's why it is called the present.

happiness isn't achieved by getting extra things,
    but by getting rid of the things that make you unhappy
  • in_need_of_direction
    Options
    i can't believe the changes you've made to your attitude, your home and your life in general. you are a true inspiration
    Mortgage at 01.01.14 £119,481.83:eek: today £0 Emergency fund £5.5/5.5k & £200/200 cash.:jWeight 24/02/19 14st 7lb now 11st 8lb determined to stop defining myself by my mistakes. Progress not perfection.:T100%through my 1% mortgage challenge. 42.4% through my pb challenge.
  • Toni'sfriend
    Toni'sfriend Posts: 4,036 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I am grateful for my friends.
    I have some lovely friends and over the past week they have treated me to wonderful things and made me feel valued and appreciated.
    Always be grateful for good friends. You must be a good friend yourself or it wouldn't be reciprocated.
    Have adventures. laugh a lot and always be kind.
  • parsniphead
    parsniphead Posts: 2,897 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    You've worked hard for your achievements and thoroughly deserve them. You will get the house sorted soon enough.

You deserve a few luxuries.
    1 debt v's 100 days chapter 34: T3sco bank CC £250/£525.24 47.59%

[STRIKE]MBNA - [/STRIKE]GONE, [STRIKE]CAP ONE[/STRIKE] GONE, [STRIKE]YORKS BANK [/STRIKE]GONE, [STRIKE]VANQUIS[/STRIKE] GONE [STRIKE] TESCO - [/STRIKE], GONE
    TSB CARD, TSB LOAN, LLOYDS. FIVE DOWN, THREE TO GO.
  • doingitanyway
    doingitanyway Posts: 8,839 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    beanielou wrote: »
    Lovely post :)
    Homegrown0 wrote: »
    That is a lovely post! It's sometimes nice to recognise that even though things aren't perfect/ as we want them, there's happiness to be found everywhere and reasons for gratitude in the simplest of things.
    I wish I counted my blessings more often :)
    Chrystal wrote: »
    Thank you DIA. Your post brought home with a bang how much there is to be grateful for that I just take for granted.
    It's too easy to be wrapped in a bubble of despondency and not see the many positives in life and you've just given me a much needed kick up the backside! XX
    Glad to oblige with butt kicking :rotfl:
    If you have built castles in the air, your work should not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put the foundations under them.

Solicitor/survey savings 300/1700
    Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
  • doingitanyway
    Options
    i can't believe the changes you've made to your attitude, your home and your life in general. you are a true inspiration
    You inspire me too INOD. Thank you for your comments :)
    Always be grateful for good friends. You must be a good friend yourself or it wouldn't be reciprocated.
    I try to be a good friend ;) Thank you.
    You've worked hard for your achievements and thoroughly deserve them. You will get the house sorted soon enough.
    You deserve a few luxuries.
    Thanks Parsniphead. We will both triumph in the end :)
    If you have built castles in the air, your work should not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put the foundations under them.

Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
  • doingitanyway
    Options
    New appointment made for roofer to quote to seal squirrel holes on Saturday :)

Paid for squirrel work :T

Plasterer appointment for Friday to get a quote. :T

Called electrician to arrange quote. Left message for him.

Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
  • doingitanyway
    edited 6 July 2018 at 7:53AM
    Options
    I have been part of the reducing alcohol thread for a few months but now I have left. I found it helpful to get back on track as I felt wine was becoming a habit. I would feel the day had gone badly so have a glass of wine and I wanted to find other ways to self soothe. It was never my intention to give up alcohol as it one of my pleasures.

Today I will get the house cleaned and organised, pack a lunch for my second job (I have the day off the first job)

There is transport chaos so my facial at the training college will be cancelled.

I have not had chocolate for 3 days so looking forward to having a nice coffee and a few squares of chocolate somewhere. I did this before I went away and saw Phillp Pullman

Have a good day MSE folk

Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills