IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Incomplete vrn entered

Options

Comments

• Redx
    Redx Posts: 38,084 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    edited 18 May 2018 at 8:26PM
    Options
    Pjr1525 wrote: »
    Many thanks. What is "PE". I don't believe I can control the time line I just thought (maybe naively) that I could "nip this in the bud" by letting them know that because they had not served a pofa compliant NTK, they could not hold me liable for the driver's debt. Regards.

of course you can do this, that is the whole point of rebutting an LBC, but that doesnt necessarily mean they will back off , even if its HX and not PE
  • Pjr1525
    Pjr1525 Posts: 148 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    Many thanks. Intend to give it a try. Read up about s.a.r.? on the forum. Making a list as long my arm if they don't back off. Regards.
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,777 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Good, you can send HX a SAR after 25th May to get all data/photos held about your car (you have to state the VRN and who you are, and they might want proof of who you are before they release info).

It's all good because it wastes a PPC's time.

Fantastic! Let's bring some worthless PPCs down - death by SAR.

And it gets them to have to show their hand, give you their evidence, and if they withhold anything that they then try to rely on later, you can report them to the ICO!
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Pjr1525
    First Anniversary
    edited 22 May 2018 at 5:38PM
    Options
    I Would appreciate some legalise wording for letting them know their NTK was non-pofa compliant, to see what their reaction is before I send a SAR. I went through a long time line from another forumer from start to finish with HX. HX appear to have missed a step with me, straight from NTK to the second threatening letter missing out the first threatening letter. Must they follow a strict procedure?
    Also, hyperthetical question. People who are served a NTK are not obliged to name the driver, but at any time are they obliged to deny that they were the driver. Many thanks.
  • Pjr1525
    First Anniversary
    Options
    Just arrived, LBC from Gladstones solicitors, had no debt collector's threats. I'm sure it's the usual LBC that they send out, 30 days to pay £160 or reply. From a parallel case on the forum I know my NTK was pofa non-compliant 9.2 (f). I sent a letter to HX more than a month ago asking them to confirm they were pursuing me as the registered keeper but received no reply. I would appreciate advice on what to do next. Regards.
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,357 Forumite
    Options
    Does the Gladstones reference number commence 1xxx, 3xxx or 4xxx?

To whom is payment to be made?
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • Pjr1525
    First Anniversary
    Options
    Yes, the ref begins with a 1. The end four digits begin with a 4. All payments of whatever method are to Gladstones. Thanks for prompt reply.
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,357 Forumite
    Options
    Pjr1525 wrote: »
    Yes, the ref begins with a 1. The end four digits begin with a 4. All payments of whatever method are to Gladstones. Thanks for prompt reply.

Looks to be a pucker LBC. So deal with it now using the advice contained in the NEWBIES FAQ sticky, post #2.
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • Pjr1525
    First Anniversary
    Options
    Yes, just read loadsofchildren's advice on LBC. I received no debt collection letter. The only request I sent to HX was to confirm they were pursuing me as keeper to which they did not reply. Should I send HX a SAR before replying to LBC? Regards.
  • Pjr1525
    First Anniversary
    Options
    Just sent the tear off Slip back to Gladstones, requesting paper copy as I don't intend to enter into email correspondence with them. Also sent a SAR to HX ppc. Awaiting next step.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure