PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

The Garden Fence - help and support in tough times

Options

Comments

• candygirl
    candygirl Posts: 29,455 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Lol I fell asleep during 5he 50 shades film, and only read a bit of the first book.Very vanilla IMHO ;)
    DD took a bag of books to the CS last week, n some raunchy ones were on top.The little old lady working there said "ooh I do love a bit of how's your Father, in a book! " :rotfl::rotfl:
    "You can't stop the waves, but you can learn to surf"

(Kabat-Zinn 2004):D:D:D
  • greenbee
    greenbee Posts: 16,158 Forumite
    Options
    candygirl wrote: »
    Lol I fell asleep during 5he 50 shades film, and only read a bit of the first book.Very vanilla IMHO ;)

Very badly written as well... it's the writing that makes the difference between interesting and dull!
  • silvasava
    silvasava Posts: 4,433 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Many years ago I picked up a copy of the Kama Sutra at a jumble sale (only out of curiosity of course!) One of my colleagues at work was a keen Archer (GQ look away) so I showed her 'Shooting the Arrow while Galloping' She reported back that the actuality wasn't as good as the anticipation :0
    Small victories - sometimes they are all you can hope for but sometimes they are all you need - be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle
  • monnagran
    monnagran Posts: 5,284 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    I still reckon that Hester could knock spots off 50 shades et al.

It's beautiful here. The second load of washing is blowing gently on the line so there will be another ironing mountain by tonight.
    I am just going to the post box and back via the beach. Can't waste a minute of this sunshine.

x
    I believe that friends are quiet angels
    Who lift us to our feet when our wings
    Have trouble remembering how to fly.
  • Hard_Up_Hester
    Hard_Up_Hester Posts: 4,656 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Believe it or not, I could no more write a sex scene than I could fly!
    I also cannot write a fight scene, but that is because I have never had a fight, the same cannot be said about sex!!
    Chin up, Titus out.
  • greenbee
    greenbee Posts: 16,158 Forumite
    Options
    Like a lot of things Hester, it's down to providing enough information for the reader's imagination to supply the detail... writing the detail is for instruction manuals...
  • Knit_Witch
    Knit_Witch Posts: 4,436 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Believe it or not, I could no more write a sex scene than I could fly!
    I also cannot write a fight scene, but that is because I have never had a fight, the same cannot be said about sex!!

The writer of 50 shades couldn't write one either :rotfl: (or spell, or have a story line)
    Must use my stash up!
  • camelot1001
    camelot1001 Posts: 6,015 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    You lot are bonkers! When we got married someone bought us 'The Joy of Sex', don't know if you remember it but the drawings were a bit 'hairy'. Anyway, you should have seen my mother's face when she was nosing through our book shelf!
  • nursemaggie
    nursemaggie Posts: 2,608 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Oh camelot that's exactly why that sort of book stayed in the draw under our bed.

I even used to have to hide my anat and phys books from her she was such a prude. They write books about that for 6 year olds these days.
  • Softstuff
    Softstuff Posts: 3,086 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Knit_Witch wrote: »
    The writer of 50 shades couldn't write one either :rotfl: (or spell, or have a story line)

She did write a really good car chase though. Led me to think she should have stuck with a different kind of action.

I had a look at the kama sutra some years ago. Like yoga with knobs on. Ahem.
    Softstuff- Officially better than 007
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport