PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

The Garden Fence - help and support in tough times

Options

Comments

• nursemaggie
    nursemaggie Posts: 2,608 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Monna one side of the bed no room for anything have to take boxes off the floor and put on bed to get in wardrobe. Other side of bed just room for me to sidle into bed. Cannot walk forward. Would get in bed from the end but have to climb over the bed end, metal, not very easy.

Only one socket in bedroom already has lamp Cpap machine and toothbrush charger plugged in. Will soon look like one of those warning posters about not plugging in too much. I cannot walk forward on either side of bed. I do have fun in my bedroom.

No sockets in the tiny passage, one socket behind TV but I think I would pull TV over having to bring it over the top of the TV. Only other socket in living room behind computer has computer, hub, monitor and radio plugged in there. what with those, keyboard, mouse, webcam and headphones I think there are just too many wires already.

If I buy an extension lead may be able to just fit in the doorway (good job I am so little) but not so sure I could get to answer the door if anyone came.
  • monnagran
    monnagran Posts: 5,284 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Yes nursemaggie, I am really lucky because although my room is fairly cluttered (which I hate) I can actually walk across the room - Well 2 steps anyway. Of course most of my stuff is in my friends garage, which brings its own problems. Still, I have a roof over my head, a cosy bed and enough of my important things round me and I can think of folk who would give their eye teeth for such luxury.

I miss my books though.

x
    I believe that friends are quiet angels
    Who lift us to our feet when our wings
    Have trouble remembering how to fly.
  • nursemaggie
    nursemaggie Posts: 2,608 Forumite
    Options
    Yes Monna I am sure there are a lot of thing you miss. I am grateful to have a roof over my head. and DS working even if it is now cut back to part time.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Much achieved today in the garden and a super swap with one of my neighbours 4 roots of her Jasmine for 4 of our surplus tomato plants, hedges all cut and bagged up for the lorry on Monday and courgettes and butternut squash planted out on the allotment no wonder He Who Knows is weary, all that outdoors and fresh air...Ne'mind he's curled up watching a very old Bond Film so he's happy! It's been so nice here today, nicely sunny but much cooler than the last week or so and much more pleasant to work in. Washing dried on the line in no time too, brilliant stuff.
  • silvasava
    silvasava Posts: 4,433 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Spent all day in the garden with DH. Lovely sunshine but the wind was still chilly. Front garden weeded. Back garden lawn mowed, lots of weeding done & shrubs trimmed.we also managed to get a huge rhododendron that was in a tub cut down and removed. We'd had it over 20 years and it was looking sadder every year so time to say goodbye.
    Shuffled some of the other tubs around to fill the gap. It's looking very nice after all our work so made DH's favourite Carbonara for tea ;)
    Chilling out with a glass of vino now.
    Have a good evening all x
    Small victories - sometimes they are all you can hope for but sometimes they are all you need - be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle
  • ivyleaf
    ivyleaf Posts: 6,431 Forumite
    Options
    I was pleased to find today that a self-seeded peony that seemed to have disappeared over the winter has re-grown and has two buds on it :j
  • monnagran
    monnagran Posts: 5,284 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    You all put me to shame. I've done nothing productive at all. The family wanted to go shopping in Ryde so I went with them. They bought loads and I bought a tube of toothpaste (Poundshop), 6 moonlight runner bean plants (market) and a light bulb. Hey, big spender!
    As it was such a lovely day DIL treated us all to lunch in The Boat House. So we sat by the sea and enjoyed eating in the sunshine.

We came home and I sat in my rocking chair and fell asleep for a couple of hours.

So ends my day.

x
    I believe that friends are quiet angels
    Who lift us to our feet when our wings
    Have trouble remembering how to fly.
  • silvasava
    Options
    Monna - your day sounded perfick! I have a lovely mental picture of you snoozing in the sunshine ;)
    DH is off on his trike today & I'm being treated to a FHB by DS1 at the club. Nothing else particularly planned. I will see what turns up!
    Have a lovely Sunday all xx
    Small victories - sometimes they are all you can hope for but sometimes they are all you need - be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle
  • Hard_Up_Hester
    Hard_Up_Hester Posts: 4,656 Forumite
    Options
    I've been reading along but not posted for ages, still I'm sure you can all do without my rude input anyway.
    I'm still busy decluttering, I have stuff listed on gumtree, on my blog and on face book, I also have 6 boxes and 5 bags to go to the charity shop.
    I'm a bit stuck with what to do with some books about rude subject a la 50 shades but not the novels, these are 'how to' manuals.
    Enjoy your Sunday everyone.
    Hester
    Chin up, Titus out.
  • silvasava
    Options
    Didn't think you'd need a 'how to' manual Hester :whistle:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure