EE contract about to end.

Options
Fortyfoot
Fortyfoot Posts: 1,957 Forumite
First Anniversary First Post
My two year contract comes to an end next month. It included a new phone, will the phone element charge be taken from my monthly rental?

Plan name: Essentials 500MB £13.99

Or am I better just staying with the current cost, new deals seem much higher. Broadband is with EE so I get a 5gb data allowance.

Should I go through to retentions?

Any advice will be appreciated. Thanks,

Fortyfoot

Comments

• mobilejunkie
    Options
    The phone element is a red herring. No extra charge.

Sounds expensive to me - I'd get a better deal elsewhere. No harm in seeing what EE will offer on a so-called "upgrade" - hate that term, simply means tying you into another contract with them.

The contract won't "come to an end" - unless you decide to end it.
  • pmduk
    pmduk Posts: 10,655 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Fortyfoot wrote: »
    My two year contract comes to an end next month. It included a new phone, will the phone element charge be taken from my monthly rental?

What Mobilejunkie is saying, is that your current price is fixed, there are no separate elements for usage and the handset. So the price will continue at £13.99.

I'd contact them 30 days before the end of your minimum period and ask what SIM only deals are available, perhaps shop around first to see what other networks are offering to give you an idea of what you want to pay? You will need to give 30 days notice to end your current contract.
  • eDicky
    eDicky Posts: 6,588 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    My two year contract comes to an end next month.
    No, it's only your contract's minimum term that will end.

First, look for the cheapest deal with other networks that has sufficient inclusive data, but don't sign up for it. Thirty days before your minimum term ends phone EE and ask for your PAC. You will be asked what you are moving to, so quote the deal you found. After checking that it's real, the rep will offer you a discounted tariff to match it, with the same data allowance, plus unlimited calls and texts.

I was given a £4/month 12mth deal with 500MB in that way, to match an ID Mobile tariff available then, but the cheapest may now be £5.
    Evolution, not revolution
  • Fortyfoot
    edited 9 December 2018 at 4:08PM
    Options
    eDicky wrote: »
    No, it's only your contract's minimum term that will end.

I was given a £4/month 12mth deal with 500MB in that way, to match an ID Mobile tariff available then, but the cheapest may now be £5.

WOW!

“ iD Mobile* ‒ 1mth contract now
    1GB, 500 mins, unltd text: £5/ Month
    This Sim only deal offers good value, plus there's no need to commit to a long contract. You can also roll over any unused data to the next month and place a limit on your bill to prevent bill shock. “

Thanks everyone.

Fortyfoot
  • DCFC79
    DCFC79 Posts: 40,598 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    WOW!

This Sim only deal offers good value, plus there's no need to commit to a long contract. You can also roll over any unused data to the next month and place a limit on your bill to prevent bill shock. “

Thanks everyone.

Fortyfoot

Check reviews on iD Mobile before you move, it is only a 1 month contract though so if its bad you can easily move.
  • its_all_over
    Options
    WOW!

Thanks everyone.

Fortyfoot

EE are offering some good deals to stay, there’s been a few recently posted on Hot UK Deals, I was offered £10 a month for 10GB of data with unlimited minutes and unlimited texts last week.
  • pmduk
    pmduk Posts: 10,655 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options

EE shouldn't have problems beating that
  • Neil49
    Neil49 Posts: 3,094 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Also check out the Plusnet deals. These can change quite frequently but can be good value.

They are 30 day rolling contracts and run on the EE network.
  • J_B
    J_B Posts: 6,453 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Nobody has mentioned that your phone is probably locked to EE (?)

Maybe best to check before you move and it won't work.
  • Fortyfoot
    Options
    J_B wrote: »
    Nobody has mentioned that your phone is probably locked to EE (?)

Maybe best to check before you move and it won't work.

I will get it unlocked when my two years are up as I did with my previous one.

Fortyfoot
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport