Be a Stunner for Summer - Slimming World support thread 2017

Options

Comments

• wizkid1
    wizkid1 Posts: 1,833 Forumite
    Options
    Good evening all, I hope you have all done well this week with your losses, if not a great big hug you all xx

My menu for Monday will be...

Breakfast... overnight oats B with f f yoghurt and frozen berries.

Lunch. Celery soup, Ryvita /butter 6 syns ham salad beetroot clementine

Dinner..chicken s/w chips tomatoes mushrooms lettuce. Strawberries.

Extra. Pkt crisps 5 .5 syns clementine.
    11.5 syns.
  • bubbs
    bubbs Posts: 66,923 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    edited 12 June 2017 at 4:44PM
    Options
    My menu tomorrow
    HEXA Milk
    HEXB 2 small slice wholemeal bread...DH 4 slices 5 syns
    Breakfast
    egg and tomato sandwich with few cherry toms, melon funny breackfast i know
    tea
    Water
    Lunch
    melon and strawberries ans 2 doughnut peaches
    Water

Tea
    Steak /mushrooms and salad
    Mixed chopped fruit with muller light

DH

Tea
    Water
    Lunch (he has some at tea break)
    2 sandwiches (4slices) ham salad
    banana , muller ff yog, 1 alpen light satsuma 3 syns
    sugar free squash
    Water
    Tea
    Same as me plus SW chips total syns 8
    Sealed pot challenge number 003 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017 Actual £500:T:T £770 for 2018 £1295 for 2019:j:j spc number 22 £1,457Stopped Smoking 22/01/15:D:D::dance::dance:- 5 st 1 1/2lb :dance::dance:
  • maman
    maman Posts: 28,589 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    joedenise wrote: »
    Maman - what recipe did you use for the pilau rice which had made? Would make a nice change from plain boiled rice or with just added spices.

I used the pilau rice recipe from here. It was the easiest I could find. I halved it for two of us. There are loads of recipes online which featured onions and garlic. I'm sure they'd be delicious too but this one was really simple.

http://www.slimmingeats.com/blog/chicken-dupiaza-with-pilau-rice

I think Hairy Bikers steaks must be my most favourite recipe for SW. We've just had it for dinner and I'm never failed to be amazed how lush the gravy is and free!! and I've got plenty of veg left over for my lunch tomorrow.:D
  • bubbs
    bubbs Posts: 66,923 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    maman wrote: »
    I used the pilau rice recipe from here. It was the easiest I could find. I halved it for two of us. There are loads of recipes online which featured onions and garlic. I'm sure they'd be delicious too but this one was really simple.

http://www.slimmingeats.com/blog/chicken-dupiaza-with-pilau-rice

I think Hairy Bikers steaks must be my most favourite recipe for SW. We've just had it for dinner and I'm never failed to be amazed how lush the gravy is and free!! and I've got plenty of veg left over for my lunch tomorrow.:D
    Is it this gravy please?
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/food/recipes/braised_steak_with_gravy_24508
    Sealed pot challenge number 003 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017 Actual £500:T:T £770 for 2018 £1295 for 2019:j:j spc number 22 £1,457Stopped Smoking 22/01/15:D:D::dance::dance:- 5 st 1 1/2lb :dance::dance:
  • greentiger
    greentiger Posts: 2,406 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Oh, tweets, sorry. I see beanie has given you a good translation of “scunnered”. You can also “take a scunner” to something, ie a feeling of disgust, or a strong dislike eg I wish I would take a scunner to chocolate!

Hope you’re sickness phase passes soon, TG.
    Sewing 46/COLOR]Woollies 6Card s 17Reading 11/40
  • maman
    maman Posts: 28,589 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    bubbs wrote: »

That's the one bubbs . For just 1 tsp of cornflour between 4 portions any syns are negligible and it's so yummy! 😃
  • gettingtheresometime
    Options
    Evening everyone !

Well I think it's fair to say I blew everyone away with my weight loss last night - people even asked if I was 'ok' - and managed to avoid the buffet as well!

The weird think is I saw a picture of me from last night and even though I've lost 3 stone I still thought I looked huge...I don't feel huge (in fact I feel, for a long time a little sexy (sorry if that's tmi))

Ive been good today ....lamb cooked dinner, been kayaking and came home to a glass of wine with a bag of satsumas ....oh how I've changed lol
  • Saver-upper
    Saver-upper Posts: 2,336 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Today's menu:
    Breakfast: bacon,eggs,tomato,baked beans,onion

Lunch: leftover lamb,roast parsnip,pumpkin,1/2 tab mint sauce (1/2 syn),followed bty strawberries

Snack: 2 Oreo thins (3 syns :eek:)

Tea: 2 slices toast (HEB) ,Flora light (1 syn),Marmite

Snack: coconut yoghurt (1/2 syn),sweet and salted popcorn (2.5 syns)

Snack: 2 Hifi bars (6 syns)

Have had 5 large glasses of water (2 litres total :eek:.Have been drinking from a particular glass at home for a few days.I knew it wasn't 250ml.Just measured it now:400ml!!).So this is the first day since I have been making an effort to drink water (just over a week),that I have hit the 2L mark :T.

25 min brisk walking today.
    SPC #36 :staradminx 8.SPC7=£751.10 SPC8=£651.04 SPC9=£843.00 SPC10=£872.76
    Pinecone £301,Valued Opinions £10.50

• lushlifesaver
    lushlifesaver Posts: 2,375 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    g'day all,

yesterday was busy busy finishing the front of the house off - we started it last year (lifted chippings and turfed did a bit of paving etc) and never finished it (its not very big but labour intensive) and I have caught the sun across my shoulders/back of my neck despite it not being very bright at all!

Missed breakfast but had a cookie morning :/ so that's today's syns gone in essence! on tea and NAS vimto for fluids as last night I had a crippling headache 9could barely move my head or eyes) due to dehydration!

event week at work so all hands on deck and I'm in the office today having swapped my day off to Friday (so at least I get a long weekend!) scrapping by today and tomorrow I can't make any promises as food for the team is down to the venue but then I'll be back on it.

Starting to plan for next month as it's pay day a week on Friday and I want to be prepared and have a good month :)
    Daughter born 26/03/14
    Son born 13/02/21
  • candyapple_2
    Options
    Hi everyone

Well yesterday's meals didn't quite go to plan. Tea ended up being bacon with SW wedges and 2 satsumas. I felt so ill in the evening, putting it down to my body going into shock at all the healthy stuff it was being forced to eat and no naughty snacks! I didn't have tea or coffee either yesterday so that could well have been why ;) Feeling better today though thankfully.

Those who use actimist, is that the one that you spray on closed eyelids? I suffer awful with hayfever and take tablets but every now and then I get the sniffles and streamy eyes its sooo attractive :rotfl: and my eyes are super sensitive so I just can't use regular eye drops at all I think they'd make the symptoms worse!

gts - not TMI at all I can't wait to feel sexy it's been a while since I looked in the mirror and thought that :D

I've decided I'm going to try gluten free to see if it makes a difference to how I look / feel. I'm just sick of feeling so bloated all the time so I'm trying to cut out different things to see if any of it makes a difference. There's a girl I follow on instagram who eats gluten free amongst other things and her food just looks amazing. I'll probably need to research it a bit as I'm not sure which foods have gluten in and which don't but Tesco are bringing me gluten free oats & bread tonight (not exactly moneysaving though as they are a bit more pricey) but it's a start!

Today's food:

B - overnight oats HEXB with muller after eight flavour yoghurt and a satsuma, cup of tea with S/S milk, latte made with coconut milk both HEXA

L - lentil and veg soup

T - gammon grill with some form of potato and veggies

Pom bears are coming in my Mr T's delivery tonight so no doubt I'll be having a packet or 2 of those for today's syns :D
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure