Debt free Munchin!! Now to stay that way.....

Options

Comments

• Lilith1980
    Lilith1980 Posts: 2,100 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I think it was sensible not to drive; it sounded horrendous and not worth the risk!

I don't drink much alcohol so giving it up wouldn't really be a challenge. Now chocolate is another matter. I don't think I could torture myself like that!
  • Munchin
    Munchin Posts: 2,816 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    morning:hello:

Sorry - having a little moan this morning -

Work has been carp recently...I think there is an expectation that I should know more than I do and have had a lot of pressure & things going wrong. Some of the super carp things were done by my staff but the buck stops with me:(. Too much pressure & work that shouldn’t really sit with my team and the spinning plates start to fall. I’ve been getting home after 7 and just going to bed and OH has been amazing but as I’m rarely like this he doesn’t know what to do:o. Anyhow, now the bright side, I was going to therapist last night and met my old boss and he told me about a post that is coming up in my old place (which I loved and is 15 mins from home) at my grade (it’s the 1 that my old colleagues have told me about) and he would let me know when it will be advertised and he said ‘we haven’t forgotten you’ ....:D..ok no counting chickens etc but wow...might not have to suffer carp post for much longer:D

Money front - started frittering on extra choc & a mag to make myself feel better ...:o

Train conductor just announced that we are delayed as train in front can’t get doors shut...not good.

So today is another scary biscuits day but hopefully Monday things will start to improve.
  • Lilith1980
    Options
    That's really promising news about the job, Munchin. I'll keep everything crossed for you :)
  • Munchin
    Options
    Thank you Lilith..it might be a wee while so hopefully we don't get cramp waiting :D.

Yesterday I finally got on top of my backlog of work and as my line manager was working from home she emailed me after my piece was approved to say how good it was and how much pressure I've been under:o. I will keep that little email as its nice to be thanked and if the sh*t hits the fan with the other ongoing problems I now have written proof of the pressure I am expected to work with.

Health - with the pressure and normal hormones up the left I haven't been feeling that great but need to get back to meal planning and eating more of that green stuff.

Money - thank goodness it is only another week to pay day. Today I have to return 2 tops which I shouldn't have bought but thought they would make me feel better (will I ever learn???) and go get 2 new tyres on my car. So money is coming back in and then going straight back out again.

I've looked at my YNAB budget and have increased spends in the food and lunch category as I think I was being very restrictive for 2 people in the grocery budget. I also like going out once or twice a month with a work colleague for lunch to get my head cleared.

I've been to 2 funerals this week and 1 was for an older man with dementia, which was in the end a relief for his family as he was suffering and the other was for someone who died unexpectedly. It just makes you appreciate your health and should encourage me to focus on my blessings rather than work stress.

Plans for week ahead - corner sister to get the mop on my head sorted. Might see if I can drag nephew to cinema. Will have 1 pampering evening and will also get running back into my schedule. I hurt ankle again and was letting it rest for a bit but no more excuses :)
  • Munchin
    edited 17 February 2018 at 7:01PM
    Options
    Update

Money - 17 Feb 2018

Everything else - £[STRIKE]150[/STRIKE]/£60.01left
    Groceries - £[STRIKE]100[/STRIKE]/£13.97 left
    Diesel - £[STRIKE]80[/STRIKE]/£0 left

Surveys & Voucher (Additional income)

Swagbucks - 525 SB (999SB = £5 paypal)
    Receipt Hog - 1384 coins (1500 coins = £5/ 2850 coins = £10/ 5300 coins = £20/12000 coins = £50)
    Topcashback -£9.69 payable / £7.59 pending
    Prolific - £7.86
    Travel expense (volunteering) - £13.20 pending

Weekly Spends

Sat - 17th- £1.35 parking
    Sun - 18th -
    Mon 19th -
    Tues 20th -
    Wed 21th -
    Thurs 22th -
    Fri 23th -
    Sat 24th -
  • Munchin
    Options
    Evening,

I had a productive day :) and it makes me feel good as I’m getting back to myself.

Today I -
    • Returned 2 tops:)
    • Prepped lunch & breakfast bits for week ahead
    • sorted out problem for neighbour
    • Cleaned and hoovered house
    • Went for short run with pup just to see how niggles feel
    • washed pup as he rolled in stuff he really shouldn’t have done:o
    • Went to Mums and hoovered her hall
    • Now have dinner on :)

Watching Supervet & waiting for OH to come home from work.
  • Seasidegal58
    Options
    You did have a productive day! Well done!:T

Fingers crossed on the new job Munchin. Also good news on the email from your boss. Keep it for your next appraisal - but hopefully you’ll be in the new position by then!:D

Great willpower as well on taking the tops back!:)

Enjoy the rest of your weekend
    Finally Debt Free! - July 2016 🌟
    Finished Emergency Fund- £10,000 April 2017
    🌟
    RETIRED: MAY 2021!!!!😀🎆
    My diary: “Seasidegal's Scrimpy Retirement Diary!”
  • Lilith1980
    Options
    Well done on being so productive, Munchin. Also well done for taking those tops back - even though you bought them you were able to reflect that they didn't serve the purpose you hoped they would. That's great! :)

I was looking on a site the other day where every item is £5 - I think the items are from high street retailers but the labels have been taken off. I was so tempted ot buy some stuff but I closed the website! There might be some bits on there I can buy hubby for his birthday in May, but there was nothing there I "needed". That little devil will trick us if he can!
  • Munchin
    Options
    Thanks Lilith & SS - there really is so much temptation out there.

I know I need at least 2 new tyres and my car insurance is due so I will not be out of squeaky times for a wee while. Hopefully this time next year I will be in a new job with a healthy budget to cover car insurance, tyres etc without having to restrict my normal budget.

Sitting here with my cappuccino waiting for OH to stir & then we’re hopefully heading to beach

• Seasidegal58
    Options
    Hope you had a good time down at the beach. :)
    Finally Debt Free! - July 2016 🌟
    Finished Emergency Fund- £10,000 April 2017
    🌟
    RETIRED: MAY 2021!!!!😀🎆
    My diary: “Seasidegal's Scrimpy Retirement Diary!”
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts